Is the low-vis going to be re-released?

Majestic

Is a second run of low-vis 1/48s coming anytime soon? Was it considered a limited release? I missed the boat on that one, and don't really want to pay $150+ for one.

(Nazi-virtual-moderators forgive me for not searching the entire forum for every possible variable of "low-vis" prior to posting a new topic. I know posting a new discussion should only be a last resort. ;) )

Don't forget that yamato made the limited cannon fodder (That kinda an oxymoron) TRU version and later made us a mass produced cannon fodder (Now thats a better title for our beloved brownies) ;)

Yes, but the limited edition TRU 1/60 VF-1A was commissioned by TRU, and part of the agreement was that they got to sell them first as part of their 10th Anniversary celebration. Not too long after, it was confirmed that there would be a wider release and the mass produced version came out several months later. As of yet, I have heard no definite claims that the 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis would see another release. Even HLJ has given up on getting anymore as evident by the "Out-of-Production" status:

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?YMT00020

Is it possible that they will get rereleased? Yes, it's always possible.

Is it likely? I strongly doubt it.

Will there other 1/48 "limited versions"? I believe there will be, but only time will tell for sure.

i doubt it's going to be rereleased at all. (maybe if yamato made a 1/32 scale with PERFECT transformation...)

Honestly, how hard would it really be to double up on the scaling and make 1/24 scale Valks? That'd give Yamato's designers all the room in the world to stuff them full of detail...AND completely 100% perfect transformation.

Hell, they could actually include the magnetic pads that lower the legs down to the nosecone and then fold back under the chestplate's underside afterward. :) And the hands could be far better made than the 1/48 skele-hands. The fingers could be jointed at each knuckle as well as having a ball-socketed opposable thumb...the possibilites are limitless! :D

...and now we return to our regularly scheduled reality already in progress. :p:p

Edited by Yamato Lover

1. I dont think they will make any more low vis. It is a LIMITED EDITION

2. You will not be able to get a low vis lower than $150 plus shipping hence the market for it goes with the economic law of supply which determines price. Hence here, demand for for low vis is high and supply available for retail is now low which gives you a high price for it.

Well, I got mine on average for $130 and I own 5 of them! :D

Honestly, how hard would it really be to double up on the scaling and make 1/24 scale Valks? That'd give Yamato's designers all the room in the world to stuff them full of detail...AND completely 100% perfect transformation.

No kidding!

Since Yamato really likes to sell their products in huge boxes I can't imagine it for that scale! I will have to remove my WC to put it! :huh:

In the 1/60 CF case. . . didn't the mass-produced one have a different shade of tan/brown than the TRU Exclusive.

Yes, a loophole. . . but it should be noted that they are different (I think).

H