YF-1R

turd

The YF-1R is an HG creation based on an animation mistake.

The mistake is of a VF-1A that also has small lasers coming from each side of the head, ala' VF-1J or VF-D looking.

The YF-1R by HG has a head designed by Tommy Yune which retains the two side lasers, but also has a hexagonal faceplate, a chin, and vented slots on each side of the chin.

yeah... share the same sentiment as u do... i've got the complete series of toynami mpc... very disappointing workmanship. wonder why they name it Masterpiece when the quality can't hold a candle to yamato. nice packaging lousy product.

Nope. Haven't gotten a MPC yet and don't have any plans to, not at the current price. Just don't feel its worth the money, especially after I've gotten a 1/60 VF-1S Strike by Yamato. Still need to get at least one 1/48.

yeah. u can't miss out on the 1/48 valks!

Nope. Haven't gotten a MPC yet and don't have any plans to, not at the current price. Just don't feel its worth the money, especially after I've gotten a 1/60 VF-1S Strike by Yamato. Still need to get at least one 1/48.

Becoming quite the Macross purist are we? :p

vinnie

EDIT IN: The Power of Kawamori compels you!

Edited by justvinnie

yeah... share the same sentiment as u do... i've got the complete series of toynami mpc... very disappointing workmanship. wonder why they name it Masterpiece when the quality can't hold a candle to yamato. nice packaging lousy product.

Because Yamato doesn't make Robotech toys.

Toynami probably feels rather confident in saying they've created the best Robotech toy ever. Because it is. It's jsut not the best Valkyrie ever, not by a long shot.

Toynami probably feels rather confident in saying they've created the best Robotech toy ever. Because it is. It's jsut not the best Valkyrie ever, not by a long shot.

Well said.

Well said.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

vic.

uhm, why do you have the entire line? if you were disappointed with the first one...why did you keep buying? unless you bought it all in a lot.

I for one hated the first one...hated it so much that I will not buy their product again unless I can see it and hold it in my hand first. $100 for an all plastic POS....never again.

*applause!*

Well, those of us on the Robotech Reference Guide have long known about this thing. I think we called it a VF-1B or something like that. For us, animation errors are canon so we explain everything if we can. YF-1R sounds stupid.

Yeah, it is a vast improvement over the Matchbox robotech valk ;) Didn't some one kitbash the old matchbox making it so it could transform? I'd like to see that.

Edited by GobotFool

I'm interested in one, only because the paint scheme and head will be unique. I will not buy one however, until the price comes down. I saw a Miriya MPC at Gamestop for $59.99-that's somewhat reasonable, and for the sake of the unique '1R I would make the purchase...

Yeah, it is a vast improvement over the Matchbox robotech valk ;) Didn't some one kitbash the old matchbox making it so it could transform? I'd like to see that.

I had one of those as a kid.

I was so ticked when I found out it wouldn't change. Especially since it was OBVIOUSLY designed to at one point.

Matchbox also brought the Joke Machines over, if I'm not mistaken. There's a certain type of fan that would file those as a better toy than the MPC, but as much as I like SD, I can't agree with them(especially not since mine broke under relatively gentle play).

Well said. :D

Becoming quite the Macross purist are we? :p

vinnie

EDIT IN: The Power of Kawamori compels you!

:DB))