Second season of GitS: Stand Alone Complex!

wakobi

Thanks for the (old) news wakobi!

Hey no problem! The next time I get anymore (old) news i'll be sure to pass it along! :p

As far as the arcs go the only thing I know (and everybody else apparently) is that the second season will feature stand alone episodes and compex episodes (story arcs) hence the title.

How many total episodes exist currently for GITS SAC?

As of now (according the Production I.G's Japanese website) 26 episodes are finished. But I've only seen the 22nd episode so far........ B))

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime/gits3/index.html

BTW.....the Major gets PISSED in the 21st episode.

post-26-1067656141_thumb.jpg

Were the later episodes ever fansubbed? I've got the subs up to episode 20, from AonE and AnimeJunkies, (or was that AniKraze - whichever one is better), but I was told that they were asked to stop making the subs, by Production IG - is this true? I'd really like to get the later eps, or a US dvd release!

It's true fulcy, some other fansubbing group made the subs for up to 22 : http://gits.no-jutsu.com/gits/ LMF fansubs, they where really good, there's no date as to when a DVD release in the states is due <_<

Alright, is anyone else having trouble downloading these torrents, or I guess more appropriately, problems connecting to the tracker?

More GiTS goodness to look forward to. I started watching Stand Alone Complex this weekend. Looks pretty cool thus far, although the third episode seemed kinda pointless to me.............

I also like the Tachikomas, but I am not sure about the cutsey personalities they seem to have.

More GiTS goodness to look forward to. I started watching Stand Alone Complex this weekend. Looks pretty cool thus far, although the third episode seemed kinda pointless to me.............

I also like the Tachikomas, but I am not sure about the cutsey personalities they seem to have.

You'll probably be glad to hear that the third episode is easily worst episode in the series so far.

The only other episode as bad as that one is episode 12 (a tachikoma heavy episode)

Good. There was just such a weak story there.

After watching episode 4 last night, I am really digging the closing credits song. Anyone know the artist and or name of the song? And it's sung entirely in english.......although, I think there may be some engrish in there too.

"She's incredible math" or something along those lines........should it be "incredible man"?

Whichever, very cool song.

:)

Good song. Yokko does the music, of course, but the songwriters seem pretty good too.

PS, I think it is supposed to be math, as it is refering to her cyborged nature.

Nice avatar there dna!

Thanks to all of you for the info on the song. Much appreciated!

:D

You'll probably be glad to hear that the third episode is easily worst episode in the series so far.

The only other episode as bad as that one is episode 12 (a tachikoma heavy episode)

3 In itself it wasn't so bad. However in the context of the rest of the series it certainly does not fit in well at all as it is kinda a dead end story without any real significance towards the rest of the series.

My favorite 2 episodes are the one's that develop Batou's character 10 and 16.

Edited by GobotFool

Ending song is Lithium Flower, good song indeed ;)

The second GITS-SAC soundtrack is out. It's called 'be Human' and the central theme is the Tachikomas. Less rock, more synth and pop. I love the track called 'A.I. Sentai Tachikoma', which is actually sung by the cutesy voices. :-)

Ending song is Lithium Flower, good song indeed  ;)

The second GITS-SAC soundtrack is out. It's called 'be Human' and the central theme is the Tachikomas. Less rock, more synth and pop. I love the track called 'A.I. Sentai Tachikoma', which is actually sung by the cutesy voices. :-)

Cool! Love the Tachikomas! They are what R2D2 astromechs would be like in personality would if they had the ability to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, too bad I saw some torrent link some time ago, was for ep 23 to 26, it ends at 26, really cool ending BTW, I would post the link but I lost it and it's probably dead anyway, and the sub sucked as much as a HK bootleg :p

ha! thanks for posting the link Myriad, that's where I got them from :rolleyes:

Edited by NoSuchFile

• 1 month later...

Alright guys. Ever since the main fansubs for SAC have stopped I haven't been keeping up with the series.

I just watched Episode 23 and currently getting Epispde 24. With just two more to go it seems that they're focusing EACH episode on the Laughing Man storyline (NO more Stand Alone Episodes I guess).

Does anyone know where I can find Episodes 25 and 26 individually? I didn't want to download that huge 1.4GB file (from Suprnova.org) because it would take too long.

Oh.....there's a couple of new pages for the 2nd Season on Production I.G's website.

B))

post-26-1072828359.gif

I downloaded the last 4 HK subbed episodes a while back. The subs were simply god-awful, but otherwise, the episodes were incredible. Though a bit confusing at times...

By the end, the Laughing Man story was wrapped up, and the Tachikomas had most definitely redeemed themselves!

• 2 weeks later...

The rest of the episodes are also up now in single downloads. Much better then that big one with the last few episodes. They are also encoded better then the group download ones. Anime_fin are in the title. I haven't watched them thoroughly yet to see if subbs are decent. I got them from the site I posted in an earlier link.