NEW CM's Macross PVC Figures

Save

Hi guys,

Came across this minmay figurine while browsing amiami, must say it looks quite nice. Seems to be done by a new company in the market. Scheduled release date is in November 08 at a SRP of 4725 yen.

Anyways without further ado, here are the pictures:

FIG-MOE-0139_01.jpg

FIG-MOE-0139_02.jpg

FIG-MOE-0139_03.jpg

Link:

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=ProductI...ate=review.html

Edited by recon

4725 yen for that figure? then this must be a bigger figure, not the same size as the other CMS figure sets. Hmmm.... this I may want then.... ^_^

Today at Wonder Fest CM's showed a new DYRL Minmay Attack Figure. Since I had a dealer pass I had to respect the no photo sign. I even asked and they said no. Figure is not the same scale of the Macross Collections looks about an inch or so taller. That's pretty much all I could find out. I'm sure a pick will leak soon.

4725 yen for that figure? then this must be a bigger figure, not the same size as the other CMS figure sets. Hmmm.... this I may want then.... ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

I'm torn.

The CMs is a really nice Minmay figure.

But it doesn't move. I really want my figures to be poseable - ok - actually - I want my figures to be Revoltechs...

But the figure is beautiful... one of the better Minmey Ninios I've seen thus far in my short time in this universe...

Pete

One will be enough for me, although a second to modify would be nice... Maybe she'll get underclothes for the ripping of uniform off. :p

THERE IS SERIOUSLY A LACK OF "MISA" FAN SERVICE FIGS AROUND. Just coz her face is hard to sculpt isn't a good excuse.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when the next round of CMS figures will be made? Any chance of the Shin or Focker from M Zero appearing or the characters from Frontier this time? if not, would like the Hikaru and Roy in their t.v. version non-pilot uniforms.

THERE IS SERIOUSLY A LACK OF "MISA" FAN SERVICE FIGS AROUND. Just coz her face is hard to sculpt isn't a good excuse.

This is true. I am still holding out for Kaiyodo to do the figures; particularly since the Fraulein line is thankfully not "graaAAH!! action!" oriented but rather more demure and fine. Misa should make it into the line. Is there a licensing issue preventing this?...

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
Lack of Misa figures is frustrating indeed. Cant even find the Arii one anymore.

Well considering the success of MF and the fact that Bandai is doing their own figures for the series, I'd expect CMS to be planning more figures.

I hope they go the way of other toy manufacturers and start doing things like the sailor outfit Minmay, the Valkgirl outfit Minmay, Mac II and Mac Zero characters.

What I really want to see is a series of 1/6 scale pilot helmets from all the series' and more cockpits!

Though I suspect any new series will have the iconic Minmay in it somewhere...

So..umm....do we know anything about the size of this Minmey figure? I must admit she looks good, but the price is high for a non-poseable fixed frame figure...

Pete

Actually for a static painted figure it's not really that outrageous...

Actually for a figure like that the price isn't bad at all. HLJ has her at 4500yen. Megahouse figures go in the 4000-7000yen price range. Alter figures go in the 5000-9000yen range. And Good Smile Company has figures in the 4000-6000yen price range.

I guess I'm just said that I can't move her. Static figures never held much attraction for me... But maybe I could build a Minmey shrine or something... it's just she'd be hard to play with what with her not moving at all...

Pete

Well, I bit the bullet. Gonna get Minmey. Sick and tired of waiting all my life for a nice figure - and the CMS is a nice figure. It's pretty well near perfect. Much better than the crudzola that we got from that other company a while back - I don't know if anybody remembers but there was a whacked Minmey ninio made by somebody else.

As for Misa - I want Misa in cute outfits - examples:

1) Misa in cute outfit that she was wearing when Hikaru accidentaly grabbed her butt

2) Misa in cute outfit with Apron when she was doing the dishes and cleaning up

3) Misa in cute outfit when she met Hikaru jogging in Macross city one day

Misa has MUCH cuter outfits than Minmey and when she dresses like a woman rather than a soldier, it is blatantly obvious that she is not only better character wise, but also way way hotter :)

So - there really is no point in putting Misa in a flight suite - unless somebody is in to that kind of thing :p

Pete