So my ex is giving me a MISB Matchbox Zentraedi Officer Battle Pod&#33

juise

Yeah thats right, my EX is giving me a MISB Officers Battle pod she found in her basement. While I plan on keeping it, I'm curious what this bad boy is worth.

I'll post pics when she sends them to me. she said the box is a lil beat-up but its still sealed according to her. I do know it's a Matchbox and not a Exo-Squad ver.

robo1.jpg

robo12.jpg

robo11.jpg

Edited by juise

Well, considering the box is beat up, and those Matchbox toys rarely go for much in auctions these days to begin with, I'd say the worth depends on you. If you plan on selling it, don't get your hopes up thinking you're going to make much. But if you're happy to add it to your collection, then the worth is found in the joy it brings to you seeing it on display.

if you were clever, you'd know that searching completed auctions on ebay is your friend :lol:

then you'd see that loose ones are fetching between 47-76 dollars

Yeah I already did that, but sometimes theres a huge gap between MISB and loose, a boxed one recently went for ~$100.

I do plan on keeping it, but I'm not a big Macross/Robotech collector, so I was curious.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got it, and took pics.

robo1.jpg

robo12.jpg

robo11.jpg

The box is far from mint as you can see, but it is sealed. For 22 years old I have to say the color is pretty good. So do I open it and flatten the box, or do I leave it as it?

Open it! I actually like those guys. The sculpt is really good, but the 3.5 inch figure doesn't come with it. Mine was destroyed by a nephew, but I always wanted to get another one. If I did, I'd totally repaint it and maybe add a new joint on the hips, that's about all it needs.

If you are really going to open the box and handle the toy, please wash your hands thoroughly or wear gloves. :rolleyes:

Bwahaha, yeah yeah I know... I was doing brakes earlier that day so my hands were all messed up. By the time I took that pic I had already washed my hands 4 or 5 times.

You can get a Zentradi warrior here if you are interested.

http://www.figurerealm.com/BrowseFigures.php (do a search for robotech)

I found a figure loose on ebay a few months ago. You do need the micronized one as the regular size warrior is too big to fit. Although, the full size Zentradi warrior is a much cooler looking figure. Actually, you would need a micronized officer in battle armor, but I don't believe it exists.

Technically, you do have a sealed box, but it is not a MISB. It is so badly damaged I would seriously consider opening it to make sure the battle pod itself is not broken. I think your biggest value would be to ensure the item inside is in mint condition. You would also need to make sure you have a mint sticker sheet and instructions with no tears, folds or creases. As an added bonus you would be able to offer the original box which is always a plus to any collector. I suppose it doesn't really matter in the end since you plan to keep it.

IMHO the sculpt is grossly out of proportion. Think of the original Kenner toys from Star Wars. Sadly, this is really the only large toy of the officer battle pod. I own a loose Exo Squad release. I was also able to get a partially complete one at a GI-Joe convention of all places. I had to rummage through a vendors loose toys bin, find all the parts, and piece it together. The good news is he sold it to me for $1 since it was missing the top cannon and it had scuffs and marks on it.

If only Yamato, or anyone for that matter, would put out a new large scale toy. Heck I wouldn't mind a Revoltech one.

Hey juise, can you do a nice scan of the sticker sheet and instructions. It would be cool to be able to make new sticker sheets for it, or at least get the pattern to cut out new striping, etc.

Sure. PM me your email address so I can send them as big as possible in decent format like PNG. Otherwise it'll be photobucket resized jpg.

Damn.

My EX never gave me ANYTHING! AAAANNNYYYTTTHIINNNG!!!

my current beau at least got me God Ginrai and lots of nice shirts, a pair of jeans and some good movies.

EDIT: (just in case she, or a just and vengeful God read this) my current beau also let me use her credit card to get the Beast Wars Reborn Convoy and Megatron set with the nifty show-accurate remoulds.

I hate my EX.

as to the battle pod - that's cool. Chunky, silly colors...wierd colors...

I'd sell it. even if you get just 50 bucks you could put it towards stuff which is more visually appealing than this...err...thing.

VFTF1

Edited by VFTF1

juise,

I'm not trying to pry into your personal life, but I am curious how your ex ended up with this in her basement for so many years. Was it originally yours when you were still together? With the exception of the crushed box, it is really in excellent condition and doesn't seem to show any signs of aging. It's stories like these that makes me want to search garage sales from time to time in the off chance of finding some gems. I imagine if you were not a Macross or anime fan you might not have wanted it, and it probably would have been sold in a garage sale at some point. Then you would probably have someone on MW boasting about what a lucky and awesome find they were able get.

juise,

I'm not trying to pry into your personal life, but I am curious how your ex ended up with this in her basement for so many years. Was it originally yours when you were still together? With the exception of the crushed box, it is really in excellent condition and doesn't seem to show any signs of aging. It's stories like these that makes me want to search garage sales from time to time in the off chance of finding some gems. I imagine if you were not a Macross or anime fan you might not have wanted it, and it probably would have been sold in a garage sale at some point. Then you would probably have someone on MW boasting about what a lucky and awesome find they were able get.

My ex is considerably older then me (like 12 years). Her family buys _ANYTHING_ if its on sale. She bought that her self planning on giving it to her nephew, but never did. So it wound up in a hefty bag in the basement for the past 20 years! There were about a dozen MOSC "Star Wars Droids" figures in the bag too. I told her to keep them and put them up since they go for about $25 a figure MOSC.

Since the scans turned out bigger then I expected I put them on Rapidshare

My ex is considerably older then me (like 12 years). Her family buys _ANYTHING_ if its on sale. She bought that her self planning on giving it to her nephew, but never did. So it wound up in a hefty bag in the basement for the past 20 years! There were about a dozen MOSC "Star Wars Droids" figures in the bag too. I told her to keep them and put them up since they go for about $25 a figure MOSC.

Since the scans turned out bigger then I expected I put them on Rapidshare

Thanks a bunch for the scan. I guess your nephew lost out. Wouldn't it be ironic if he was a huge Macross fan. :(

• 3 months later...

My wife's family gave me a bunch of Transformer Dinobots still MIB along with some other G1 TF. Also, I got a MIB Zartan and Swamp Speeder, G.I.Joe Hoovercraft, and a First issue G.I.Joe Scarlett (before they had the swivel arms) MOC. As for Star Wars stuff, I got a MIB Y-wing, and a bunch of droids MOC as well. As a toy collector of sorts, I was blown away by the condition of these toys. They are absolutely perfect. I'm gonna get the dinobots graded. There's always something nice about getting old toys as new ones. Oh, to relate this to Macross/Robotech, I got the Battlepod MIB as well as the Invid Shock Trooper. Very cool stuff. Congrats on the ex giving you stuff. That's always a cool thing since they usually give men nothing but grief after it's all said and done.

My wife's family gave me a bunch of Transformer Dinobots still MIB along with some other G1 TF. Also, I got a MIB Zartan and Swamp Speeder, G.I.Joe Hoovercraft, and a First issue G.I.Joe Scarlett (before they had the swivel arms) MOC. As for Star Wars stuff, I got a MIB Y-wing, and a bunch of droids MOC as well. As a toy collector of sorts, I was blown away by the condition of these toys. They are absolutely perfect. I'm gonna get the dinobots graded. There's always something nice about getting old toys as new ones. Oh, to relate this to Macross/Robotech, I got the Battlepod MIB as well as the Invid Shock Trooper. Very cool stuff. Congrats on the ex giving you stuff. That's always a cool thing since they usually give men nothing but grief after it's all said and done.

Thats awesome!

I didn't mention it here but I got a carded Star Wars 12 back R2D2 and C3PO, and a bunch of gold coin Droid figures with this too!

Dude, that's awesome. That Officer's pod is a great addition. Severely void of any true scale, but it's not like there are any others made. Your ex seems to have no grudges too, which is good.