Why I hate macross frontier...

Meh. I just choose not to mindlessly latch on to anything simply because it is Macross. If you guys like it, then that's just fine. I've just been disappointed with the last five episodes and have been hoping that something more interesting/exciting than the WTF-1/Quamzin Jr. happens. There is a lot of potential though, so I suppose "hate" is a bit strong.

meh. still doesn't explain why you posted an actual criticism in a thread which is obviously a "love thread" in disguise (if you had bothered to read the posts). unless you sub-consciously wanted to join in the "mindless" fun.

Edited by dreamweaver13

I know it's off-topic, but... hey, this thread is one big off-topic mecca. Yeah, Shadow Chronicles. That's great for a laugh. The best line is when the Regess puts up the Alfalfa fighters on the screen and says something like, "as you can see, their vehicles are invisible to us!" And that pink-hair girl is like "Er, OK." :p

I know it's off-topic, but... hey, this thread is one big off-topic mecca. Yeah, Shadow Chronicles. That's great for a laugh. The best line is when the Regess puts up the Alfalfa fighters on the screen and says something like, "as you can see, their vehicles are invisible to us!" And that pink-hair girl is like "Er, OK." :p

You know what I really like? I says to myself.....Well I may be Macross purist...but I 'll check out shadow chronicles. I figure, I'll think of it as just some independent movie, and forget it is a bastardization of the house that the all mighty Hori Froating Head built. So I goes to work and see's it for $29.99 (over priced IMHO). But still I get it. Then a week later, after I bought it, HG decides to re-release Shadow Chronicles directors cut/special whatever edition. Thats when I realized, all kidding around. HG has got no other better license then Robotech/macross to milk, and a renewled hatred for HG and realization of why I became a Macross purist in the first place. <_<

The Shadow Chronicles are fun to watch in the same way that it is fun to kick an 80 year old blind woman who just had her legs amputated - and then steal her last 50 bucks and spend it on a hooker.

But watch it on youtube. Don't pay for the experience.

VFTF1

meh. still doesn't explain why you posted an actual criticism in a thread which is obviously a "love thread" in disguise (if you had bothered to read the posts). unless you sub-consciously wanted to join in the "mindless" fun.

Because on MW, we used to be required to put appropriate topic titles on their posts or have them deleted. Part of the reasoning behind this was to avoid lame "joke" titles. I'm not required to read the entire thread before posting, I just posted my thoughts.

The Shadow Chronicles are fun to watch in the same way that it is fun to kick an 80 year old blind woman who just had her legs amputated - and then steal her last 50 bucks and spend it on a hooker.

VFTF1

I NASTY kick like that one I guess ? : http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_E4IaDAFHng

VFTF1

I'm waiting for it from Netflix on Blu-ray personally, so I can see all the still image 'animation' and 1996 quality CG in the HD glory it was meant to be seen in...

September 2nd!!!

Alot of people here complain about rippofftech, but somehow I can't fail to notice that most of you HAVE watched it none the less ^_^, leave it be and focus on the awsomeness that is macross!

I would have to agree with Whispo. If it were not for ROBOTECH, many of us would not have been expossed to Macross at all. I understand there are purists out there who hate the very name, however the show has been off the air for years now

so please let it rest.( If you do so, I promise not to complain about Macross 7 any more!) :lol:

I would have to agree with Whispo. If it were not for ROBOTECH, many of us would not have been expossed to Macross at all. I understand there are purists out there who hate the very name, however the show has been off the air for years now

so please let it rest.( If you do so, I promise not to complain about Macross 7 any more!) :lol:

I'm going to hold you to that.

VFTF1

Wow, you LOVE Shadow Chronicles that much?! hehe. :)

Because on MW, we used to be required to put appropriate topic titles on their posts or have them deleted. Part of the reasoning behind this was to avoid lame "joke" titles. I'm not required to read the entire thread before posting, I just posted my thoughts.

see? you just had to say that the first time, and we wouldn't even have to be talking about this. :p coz if you read back to my post, that's the only thing i said. ;)

I went to gamestop today to pick up Trauma Center 2 today. Anyway I get into a conversation with the guy about Macross. He seemed to really enjoy the new series but disliked Zero. On the way home my cousin and I star talking about him, how we disagree that zero is anything but crap, but the one thing we ended up fighting about is M7. He bitches it's too long and stupid with singing robot planes, and it's like sailor moon with energy stealing monsters.I just do not understand the hatred that M7 inflicts on certain people. I loved M7, hell so far I like evrything Macross, including Macross 2 ( yeah thats right I said it). So does this make me a Macross whore? maybe a Macross junkie, waiting for my next fix? :huh:

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X