Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

hey look at the box, OP have long smoke stacks

but in the second image, in robot mode, he has short stacks

That's not the box, It's the instructions. The picture looks exactly the same as Alternator Smokescreens instructions.

Anyway, I'm sure that the MP-2 will be made before the 25th or 30 th Transformers Anniversary... Yeeesss !!! :lol:

hope that MP-2 will be made in 2004 :)

i've waited for 2 years for the Gyemelef escaflowne from yamato/toycom. the MP concoy is a big (but good) surprise ! this is quality for not-that-hight price :) they can't stop this collection, it's already a succes :D (can't imagine how many preorders have been placed on the 20th convoy....) they have to make a MP-2, and it MUST be megatron ... (what could be an hero without a villain ?)

EDIT: release date : 12/31/2003 :( gonna be hard to wait

Edited by isamu_dyson

Alright.

I just checked BBTS.com and noticed they're carrying BOTH versions of the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime.

Hasbro version.

Takara version.

WHY is the Takara version an extra $25?

But it still might be cheaper to go through BBTS (than HLJ.com). :ph34r:

on HLJ : $ 89.7 Without S&H

Wow......the currency is always fluctuating on HLJ.com (I swear....two days ago it was $90.00).

That's the problem......how much will shipping cost from HLJ.com :ph34r:

That's why I'm thinking about ordering from BBTS.com (they have a flat fee shipping of $4.99) B))

What will cost less in the end? :ph34r:

hey look at the box, OP have long smoke stacks

but in the second image, in robot mode, he has short stacks

yes, but did you look carefully? It's the battle damaged version. That's the version that hasbro is going to release. I'ma stick with the takara version as I always do. :p:D:lol:

Are you sure about that?

First of all, can anybody confirm what show or where exactly these pics were taken from?---The reason I ask is if you look carefully, the placard at the top of the display case, in the first pic, has "TAKARA" on it. AND the third pic placard has "MAST" which I am assuming is part of "MASTER PIECE". IIRC, this is the (working?) title Takara is using for their version, while Hasbro is going with "20th Anniversary". I hope I'm wrong but this is really disturbing...

{here are the pics I'm talking about for you guys who are too lazy to scroll up}

tak08230.jpg

:o (Also, I'm very surprised that no one has brought this up before me, considering that this site is well known for catching the tiniest of details, bringing back memories of our anticipation for the 1/48 Yammies back in the day) :p:p:p

Are you sure about that?

First of all, can anybody confirm what show or where exactly these pics were taken from?---The reason I ask is if you look carefully, the placard at the top of the display case, in the first pic, has "TAKARA" on it. AND the third pic placard has "MAST" which I am assuming is part of "MASTER PIECE". IIRC, this is the (working?) title Takara is using for their version, while Hasbro is going with "20th Anniversary". I hope I'm wrong but this is really disturbing...

If you'll notice in the picture there are two versions of Prime. The robot mode has the battle damage and short stacks, and the truck mode has no damage and larger stacks.

I'm still betting the Takara will look like the truck mode version....

Are you sure about that?

If you'll notice in the picture there are two versions of Prime. The robot mode has the battle damage and short stacks, and the truck mode has no damage and larger stacks.

I'm still betting the Takara will look like the truck mode version....

I just realized the pics are from HLJ's site and their pics of unreleased toys usually come from actual toy-shows in Japan. I've never known of HLJ using pics of TF toys from Hasbro to sell Takaras versions so I highly doubt both Hasbro versions and Takara versions are being pictured. Also why would they have the two versions displayed in the same case anyways, in a Japanese toy show nevertheless?... I'm hoping that Takara has gone the extra mile (like Binaltech Smokescreen) and probably will release 2 versions, one clean with long stacks & the other battle damaged. BUT at the same time I hope this doesn't wreak havoc for us who preordered from HLJ since they usually ship these kinds of items at random. :(

edit: grammar

Edited by GDomino

http://bbs.tfclub.com/showtopic.asp?id=201...orumid=2&page=5

The status of the Hasbro version is pretty much confirmed.

Now, The Takara version though......I cannot wait.

The toy itself has short stacks whereas it has long ones in the pictures of the box :blink: ... Are the smokestacks telescopic as one of you mentionned as a good idea :lol:

http://bbs.tfclub.com/showtopic.asp?id=201...orumid=2&page=5

The status of the Hasbro version is pretty much confirmed.

Now, The Takara version though......I cannot wait.

I hope that's not the final packaging (although something tells me it is). That packaging is horrid. Just look at the pose they have Prime in on the back of the box...it's an injustice. Oh well, it's just a box I suppose, here's hoping Takara's will be better :)

I agree with mister e, the packaging looks horrendous (and an obvious FAKE). Takara will probably keep Convoy in truck mode, feature a window box/flap. Thier packaging will be GREATNESS. B))

plus it's sporting hasbro's name and logo, and all the text on the box is in english. the battle scarring is pretty skimpy, which is good, but damn the short stacks. i really don't care what color the gun is, it just looks good, though the details are more apparent in the grey.

hum : is this a trailer :D

mpbt.jpg

With alternator Sideswipe and Smokescreen beside it, yes it does. :D:D

Edit in: the Hasbro box looks like they tried to cature some of the style of the original G1 boxes, but with disastrous results. The back of the box: fugly. Doesn't look very sturdy either. And another point towards Takara! What happened to Hasbro? Or were they always like this and just never noticed before?

Edited by Anubis

OMG!! After looking at the hasbro packaging again, I am so reminded of the 12" star wars figures packaging! What a jip! Couldn't they design a different packaging? Weakness is what hasbro is. :p:D:lol: