Linebarrel.

I was only able to see the Youtube version. The song was unappealing.

Is it the same song from the site? I was hoping it was an 'add-in' and not the official.

According to rumor I heard in chan's board, ALI project will do the opening, and the channers said it was GONZO style in murdering a promised mecha series. If that's the case, I just skip the opening intro and enjoy the show :rolleyes: .

This has GOT to be the same mecha designer who did ZOE.

That was Yoji Shinkawa, who's only really noted for doing the mecha designs for the Metal Gear and ZOE series'.

The Linebarrels designs do hearken a lot in shape and form to his bots, but they're all done by Hisashi Hirai, mecha and character designer for Gundam SEED.

All those kits and figures look pretty cool, but it's disappointing that 90% of them seem to be 1/144 scale. It'd be nice if there was some variety in scales as well as form factor. The kits look like they'll be pretty easy to detail and look good with all the molded colors, so I'll probably pick some of those up.

EDIT: Dear god, that intro song is painful

Edited by QuinJester

This has GOT to be the same mecha designer who did ZOE.

Hmm,

Linebarrel mecha designer : Tsutomu Suzuki

ZOE mecha designer : Hideo Kojima

Probably ZOE mecha is the inspiration/template for the linebarrels.

Hmm,

Linebarrel mecha designer : Tsutomu Suzuki

ZOE mecha designer : Hideo Kojima

Probably ZOE mecha is the inspiration/template for the linebarrels.

Duke Togo is technically right and you're a bit wrong. Hideo Kojima didn't design the orbital frames - it was Metal Gear designer Yoji Shinkawa. However, Shinkawa only designed the orbital frames that appear in the PS2 games. The orbital frames that show up in the anime were designed by... Tsutomu Suzuki.

Duke Togo is technically right and you're a bit wrong. Hideo Kojima didn't design the orbital frames - it was Metal Gear designer Yoji Shinkawa. However, Shinkawa only designed the orbital frames that appear in the PS2 games. The orbital frames that show up in the anime were designed by... Tsutomu Suzuki.

Oops, my mistake :p So it was inspired by ZEO frames then, however the manga artist is different (Shimoguchi Tomohiro). So technically the original mecha designer for ZOE and Linebarrels are two different people, only the mecha designer for the anime is the same person.

• 3 weeks later...

RAW is out.

Pretty cliche for 1st episode,

boy found a mech and a girl, realized he has the power, touch boobs, and pilots a uber mecha and declared himself ally of justice.

:lol:

Btw, is the character designer the same person from Gundam Seed?

Btw, is the character designer the same person from Gundam Seed?

Yes. Hiraishi Hirai.

And for whoever's interested, its out subbed on CrunchyRoll.

Edited by wolfx

Yes. Hiraishi Hirai.

And for whoever's interested, its out subbed on CrunchyRoll.

CrunchyRoll is not available for streaming here in Japan :(

Btw, I prefer the main character in the manga with his bad ass attitude compared with the anime one.

Edited by Morpheus

Main char's seiyuu reminded me of Simon and I wondered why....cuz its Simon's seiyuu. :rolleyes:

Main char turned from Shinji-type into GAR right at episode 1.....didn't quite expected that.

Episode 2.

OMG what had GONZO done to a great mecha story, the opening is horrible and whats with those fanservices anyway, I think I'm dropping the anime, I prefer the manga which is much better. :angry:

Without any idea about the manga, i kinda like the anime. I not sure why exactly why morpheus and ppl who read the manga do not like it though. Care to explain?

I liked how they depicted Kouichi as a repressed guy who was constantly bullied and being a jerk after he obtained power and put in his place later. Awesome!

I have to say that, after having watched the second ep., this show seems to get better: I'll give a serious try at it for the next bunch of eps before trashing it for sure...

I have just watched Ep 03 and I'm not liking it. The manga was quite good, but the series is just too goofy for my taste, and looks like those old super robot shows of the 70's and early 80's where the hero fights the enemy/monster of the week. I'll keep watching a few more episodes, but if doesn't get better I'll drop it.

I have just watched Ep 03 and I'm not liking it. The manga was quite good, but the series is just too goofy for my taste, and looks like those old super robot shows of the 70's and early 80's where the hero fights the enemy/monster of the week. I'll keep watching a few more episodes, but if doesn't get better I'll drop it.

Can you explain exactly what is different in the anime compared to the manga that makes it bad? Do you mean to say that the manga doesn't have enemy/monster of the week? From what i gather from some ppl the storyline remains the same but they can't stand Hiraishi's Hirai's character designs.

In my opinion the manga has a better story development, in the tv series you get to know everything in the first ep, the manga builds more intrigue (I'm especifically talking about a couple of plot points I'm not going to spoil for you). Tv series just feels different and plain, (and to me.. silly), and it sorts of remind me of the first episodes of ZZ gundam, especially for the monster of the week theme (in this case ARMA of the week :p )

But I truly hope it gets better...

Edit: for grammar.. I think.. my english is really rusty :p

Edited by Zar

Just some rough comparison with the manga:

- Kouichi can summon linebarrel by himself, no need to do boob-touching.

In the manga, Kouichi was killed when he was still in school trip.

- Kizaki Emi in the manga appear as an undercover agent from Judah to spy on Kouichi, and she got transfered to his school. and

Emi is the true Factor for Linebarrel, she can pilot Linebarrel and Linebarrel change into Kizaki Emi mode (turn black with extra blades), Kizaki is using full transfer mode which means she could die (life force sucked out) while using it.

In fact, it was Kouichi who said "you're the worst" to Kizaki when he learned that she is responsible for his death when Linebarrel fall to Earth while in anime it was the other way around.

That sounds pretty different though i'm not sure how much impact it has on the story. And it was hinted that Kizaki Emi is Linebarrel's true factor but transferred her factor to Kouichi to revive him.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some new pics of the Volks Linebarrel figure. Looks pretty cool and is based on the manga rather than the anime. It's coming out in January with a rough price of 6825 yen. I've been reading the manga and I really like it. Does anyone know where I could order actual copies from? Pics are from GA.

post-10459-1226344563_thumb.jpg

post-10459-1226344578_thumb.jpg

post-10459-1226345015_thumb.jpg

post-10459-1226345025_thumb.jpg