Just put out yesterday, Fox is remaking "Romancing the Stone".

Yeah, I can imagine it with either Jessica Simpson or Brittany Murphy doing Kathleen Turners role. Shudder to think who they would want to take Michael Douglas' part.

I am sure that it will be the greatest movie of all time.

Taksraven

Yeah, I can imagine it with either Jessica Simpson or Brittany Murphy doing Kathleen Turners role. Shudder to think who they would want to take Michael Douglas' part.

I am sure that it will be the greatest movie of all time.

Taksraven

oh God next we will have all the films from that era re done. they 'll start with Romancing the stone and eventually make their way to Twins or Beverly hills cop which due to budget will get set in Chicago, and have a white guy playing Eddie Murphys part.

Uh oh... another masterpiece ready for butchering....

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Why don't they reverse the trend and take crap films and remake them as good ones. They could use your avatar, Howard the duck, as a good start.

Taksraven

Why ruin the first one, it was excellent and second one was good.

Yeah i agree, i loved the second one as well. Trippy.

Ahh it's been so long since i've seen any crow flicks/series, grown out of them honestly with them being all angsty gothic revenge flicks,

but they certainly do NOT need to be re-done, it's overkill. Just how many movies are there now? I know there is atleast 3 series...

Perhaps they did up a comic/mangacomeback story? Eric came back?

Maybe they plan a double up flick with the second story of him coming back or something for.... dum dum duarrrr! "Unfinished Business"....

maybe a trilogy.....

:lol:

Maybe hollywood will want to re-make Enter the Dragon too?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah i agree, i loved the second one as well. Trippy.

Ahh it's been so long since i've seen any crow flicks/series, grown out of them honestly with them being all angsty gothic revenge flicks,

but they certainly do NOT need to be re-done, it's overkill. Just how many movies are there now? I know there is atleast 3 series...

Perhaps they did up a comeback sotry? Eric came back? Maybe they plan a double up flick with the second story of him coming back or

something for.... dum dum duarrrr! "Unfinished Business".... maybe a trilogy.....

:lol:

my guess is with the success of twilight the studios are looking for properties they can get on the cheap to cash in.

my guess is with the success of twilight the studios are looking for properties they can get on the cheap to cash in.

Yeah, you're probably right about that. Execs thinking "What gothy sort of stuff do we have available to cash in on this".

The Crow might be TOO dark for a lot of teenage girls though.

Taksraven

Naturally I'm very wary of the idea of a Cowboy Bebop adaptation, but I have to know more details before I pass judgment. I want to know if Erwin is really going to produce or if he's just pitching the concept. I want to know who's directing. I want to know who's writing. I want cast details. Once I know that, I'll arrogantly prejudge the film's worth like a good little opinionated net denizen :)

I will say this much so far: Keanu Reeves as Spike is a horrible idea of noir-like tragedy. There is one man and one man alone in Hollywood who can do Spike justice and that's Sam Rockwell. Cast him as Spike and I'll be convinced this live action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop is being taken seriously. If they don't, then that's a big warning sign this film is off to a bad start :)

Quote from Dark Horizons, thanks to Garth....

Let me share five words with you that will either excite you, or send a chill down your spine - "Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081219i.php

Taksraven

OK, here we go again. In the category of "Remaking a film that they stuffed up badly last time so you wonder why they are bothering", a category that is already occupied by the Phantom remake, we have.......

JUDGE DREDD!!!

FFS!!!!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081222a.php

Taksraven

We'll see if anybody gives Frank Miller a film directing job anytime soon after "The Spirit" opens this Christmas.

Prediction -- the film will BOMB. Badly.

A) It's based on a character/comic book series that's cultish even in comic book circles;

B) Even from the trailers you can see the quality of the film is marginal = IT STINKS; and

C) If you have any knowledge of The Spirit comics it's real obvious this film owes more to Miller's Sin City movie than it does The Spirit. Spirit fans are NOT happy about that at all.

There's been talk of doing a Buck Rogers film before and after the TV show, but that's all it's amounted to.

The property is so old and forgotten by most people that I'm afraid they'd use the late 70's/early 80's TV series as the basis for a new movie... and that show was about as far removed from the old comic strip as the last Flash Gordon movie was from the Flash Gordon comic strips, too.

Ignorance is a big tool that's used to promote and develop mediocre films and TV shows instead of being creative and doing something new, or at least creating a film that tries to honor its source material.