Heroes (thread #2)

i guess that i'm the only person who likes season 2. my friend showed me his vol. 1 dvd set durin' the writers strike and got me into the show. so, i then dl'ed season 2 and watch it all in 2-3 days.

it's ok. i'll still watch it, because it's still enjoyable. but everytime i watch the show, i always feel this regret at how much potential this show has, and how much the writers are still holding back. i mean, COME ON, it's been 3 volumes already, but these heroes still don't have direction. they still want to stay normal, they're still in denial of their powers, they still don't know how to use them properly. it's frickin volume 4 already, what's the point in holding back? it's time for a good old-fashioned super hero team up dammit! and with ando there, for chrissakes, supercharge everyone's power and attack.

but sadly, that didn't happen. our heroes are still lost little children with no backbone even after saving the world (in their own little ways) twice over.

but as i said, i'm still watching the show, and hoping that it gets better, and the writers get some backbone to go all out.

i've been thinkin' that since season 1.

I remember there are 3 of them, but I think that includes Jessica, so no more show for that Tracy/Niki actress. :huh:

I don't see any improvement from the story plot(I do see deprovement from my personal point of view), the whole "hunting" plot in the show now doesn't really convincing enough for me. However in the other forum, ppl seems to be very happy about this new vol.. What do u guys think?

O/T: Terminator SCC on the other hand, I feel it was better now(though still Season1 was the best), but ppl in other forum says it sucks now. :mellow: No one here seems to be posting on SSC thread recently, so I think it wasn't good.

Pardon my English. B))

this hunting plot has been bad. the only good episode was cold snap. i didn't like season 3 (half of it is good and half of it bad) but at least they were trying to save the world (normal super hero plot device and who cares if some viewers complain about this). i'm not feeling this "terrorists locked up in cuba" analogy.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

I haven't seen any of the new episodes. Are they worth it? Season 1 was amazing, season 2 was bleh and the first half of season 3 just pissed me off. I kind of want to get back into Heroes if the show is getting better.

The show isn't getting better, I would say it's getting haywire.

I would give

Season 1 at Least 4.5/5

Season 2 around 3/5

Season 3 (vol.4) The Most 2/5 (For now)

I dunno, maybe u might find it good.

Not the government sorry.

kay. My guess is that some small black ops part of the government knew but didn't care. Gotta get old Baldy and Sylar out that way somehow.

I'm not going to re-iterate all of why I think Season 3: Book 3 and 4 are better then two. 1st half of season 3 was to an attempt to correct the trainwreck that was season 2. 2nd half is good since the GOOD writer who left season 1 is back and the episodes pacing and story are progressing nicely. You can see in the latest episodes that he's bringing the show back to the characters. Which writer? The one that was credited for Season One's "Company Man" that fricken rocked the show with it's awesomeness.

Oh yeah, some spoilers in the below link.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/bryan-fuller-is-honest-ab.php

kay. My guess is that some small black ops part of the government knew but didn't care. Gotta get old Baldy and Sylar out that way somehow.

I'm not going to re-iterate all of why I think Season 3: Book 3 and 4 are better then two. 1st half of season 3 was to an attempt to correct the trainwreck that was season 2. 2nd half is good since the GOOD writer who left season 1 is back and the episodes pacing and story are progressing nicely. You can see in the latest episodes that he's bringing the show back to the characters. Which writer? The one that was credited for Season One's "Company Man" that fricken rocked the show with it's awesomeness.

Oh yeah, some spoilers in the below link.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/bryan-fuller-is-honest-ab.php

Are they going to go back in time because in the Scifi wire link you put on you post it shows Hiro in civi clothes instead of orange coveralls.

Ando was still in japan when the plane crashes will he go back in time with Ando to try to stop the crash and prevent Daphne's death.

Edited by miles316

Wow, what a difference just one talented writer can make. The episodes have gotten good since "Cold Snap", supposedly the first ep that Fuller had a hand in this season. Each subsequent episode was been better. I'm starting to like the characters again. Tonight's episode was stellar. I really enjoyed Angela's story. Not as good as "Company Man", but there's only so much you can do to start turning the ship around.

Now... Sylar needs to die. Hiro needs to die. Peter needs to die. That'll fix most of the issues with the show. Oh yeah, the Danko needs to die too.

vinnie

Wow, what a difference just one talented writer can make. The episodes have gotten good since "Cold Snap", supposedly the first ep that Fuller had a hand in this season. Each subsequent episode was been better. I'm starting to like the characters again. Tonight's episode was stellar. I really enjoyed Angela's story. Not as good as "Company Man", but there's only so much you can do to start turning the ship around.

Now... Sylar needs to die. Hiro needs to die. Peter needs to die. That'll fix most of the issues with the show. Oh yeah, the Danko needs to die too.

vinnie

i feel the opposite. everything after cold snap got boring (ok, so half of season 1 also bored me but the finale made up for it. monday's episode was filler to me, it could have easily been left out (i see it as an "excuse" for the reason why peter forgives nathan... they didn't need the two sisters not forgivin' each other as a reason why they should forgive each other too).

kill off heroes?!? not hiro, he's the only hero that i like (i also like peter too. all of my other favorite heroes are already dead). kill off claire, she just been annoying since vol. 3 and her wish to fight crime instead of being a victim (all she does is whine, whine, whine).

and, why is sylar overpowered (morphing into other ppl a' la mystique from x-men) but peter and hiro get their powers reduced?!? i've been waiting since vol. 3 for hiro to gets his powers back and then he disappears for 2-3 episodes. i primarily watch heroes for hiro (and peter, he's cool too), he (and peter) are the only ones who like their "powers". sorry, but if i could fly or heal or read minds than i'd be like "i'm the shiet, don't mess with me". this whole "i hate me powers and i want to be normal that they've been usin' since season 1 is not realistic to me (i heard tim kring added hiro just 'cause his wife complained about all of the heroes hating their powers).

only two more shows to go. i'm dropping heroes from my "to watch" list. my friend introduced me to season 1 & 2 inbetween season 2 & 3. so i was like "i'm up to date for season 3 and i can watch it on tv instead of tryin' to find a dl". i'll move heroes back to my "watch all 13-26 episodes after they have finished a volume" list (i also hate waiting for the weekly show, this is the reason why i stopped watching naruto and bleach for awhile, i'm now 40-50 episodes behind and now i can watch 3-5 episodes in a row whenever i feel like it instead of watching 1 episode once a week [i'm also switching inbetween watching yu yu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, full metal alchemist, bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040, ikkitousen and my korean movies so i want catch up anytime. i need to add macross f and gundam 00 to the playlist]).

vinnie

Loved the episode. It's gone back to it's roots. It's not about the powers, it's not about the plot devices, it's about the characters and how they deal with the world around. It's gone back to "ordinary people with extraordinary ability". I don't think we're the only ones noticing either. As can be seen from those two links I've provided, both upbeat and positive about the direction Heroes has taken now. I expect I'll find more such links if I did a search for recent Heroes news too. I believe there's a positive groundswell now that Fullers back and the critics, who influence what people watch, like the direction it's going as well.

Definitely a watch as soon as I can show again. Season 1 was to watch it as soon as it aired. S2 started that way but slipped to whenever I had time be it a month or so down the road. S3 started as a watch during the weekend, slipped to practically once a month but as soon as Fuller came back for Cold Snap it's practically back to Season 1 watching habits.

I don't think they should kill Sylar, just downgrade him to a guest star and have him pop in and out of the show wreaking havoc when he does appear. Danko needs to stay as HRG's nemesis. Everyone should be able to agree that HRG is bad ass. Danko seems able to be able to play his counterpart well and it would make for a nice chess game between the two. Peter can stay now that they've reduced this powers. I hated him when he was the ultimate reset button for the writers. Now that he's not Superman with the ability to fix whatever stupid situation the writers have written themselves into they seem to be writing better stories and Peter seems to have stopped acting like a dumbass. Hiro....eh couldn't care what happens to him. Sure he embraces his powers but he acts like sure a spoiled brat most of the time. He pays lip service to having taken responsibility for his actions but then runs off and screws things up by acting and not thinking things through because he wants to be a hero. The positive side is that he does bring levity to the show and uplifts the characters when they're down. At most I see Hiro as a Sidekick not a Hero.

Loved the episode. It's gone back to it's roots. It's not about the powers, it's not about the plot devices, it's about the characters and how they deal with the world around. It's gone back to "ordinary people with extraordinary ability". I don't think we're the only ones noticing either. As can be seen from those two links I've provided, both upbeat and positive about the direction Heroes has taken now. I expect I'll find more such links if I did a search for recent Heroes news too. I believe there's a positive groundswell now that Fullers back and the critics, who influence what people watch, like the direction it's going as well.

Yup. Fuller had the right assessment in the interview. I started disliking and not able to connect to any of the characters. They were all stupid and unlikeable after Season 1 until now.

Definitely a watch as soon as I can show again. Season 1 was to watch it as soon as it aired. S2 started that way but slipped to whenever I had time be it a month or so down the road. S3 started as a watch during the weekend, slipped to practically once a month but as soon as Fuller came back for Cold Snap it's practically back to Season 1 watching habits.

I don't think they should kill Sylar, just downgrade him to a guest star and have him pop in and out of the show wreaking havoc when he does appear. Danko needs to stay as HRG's nemesis. Everyone should be able to agree that HRG is bad ass. Danko seems able to be able to play his counterpart well and it would make for a nice chess game between the two. Peter can stay now that they've reduced this powers. I hated him when he was the ultimate reset button for the writers. Now that he's not Superman with the ability to fix whatever stupid situation the writers have written themselves into they seem to be writing better stories and Peter seems to have stopped acting like a dumbass. Hiro....eh couldn't care what happens to him. Sure he embraces his powers but he acts like sure a spoiled brat most of the time. He pays lip service to having taken responsibility for his actions but then runs off and screws things up by acting and not thinking things through because he wants to be a hero. The positive side is that he does bring levity to the show and uplifts the characters when they're down. At most I see Hiro as a Sidekick not a Hero.

Eh, Sylar is overpowered. He's shown that he can resist other powers such as mind reading, persuasion, puppet mastery,and hypnosis. He can be anyone he wants, and he's still collecting new powers. Yet somehow, he's not badass like he was in S1. We just know too much about him. A good villain is one we don't know. That's what makes them frightening. Sylar's like a declawed Himayalan cat. Cute, cuddling, and annoying.

Danko's an ass and an idiot trying to make up for his small manhood. I mean, seriously, team up with Sylar, the most dangerous of them all, feed him new powers just so you can take down people who can blow bubbles and breathe under water. Stupid people need to die.

Peter, sure his powers are now limited, but he's still annoying emo guy. That and he is clueless on how to effectively use his power. I mean he's got like the best power in the world and he's too retarded to use it properly. If I was him, I'd go knock out the Haitian and take his powers. Then go shoot Sylar, hook him to some powerful sedatives and take his powers. All of them. Then kill the bastard and become super emo villain.

I hate Hiro to no end. He hasn't grown up or learned from anything. I fault the writers. Future Hiro was so much better. Don't the writers know that that's the Hiro we want? Again, stupid people need to die.

Characters I enjoy: Angela and Sandra. Also good are Noah and Tracy. I like Doyle also, don't know why.

vinnie

I hate Hiro to no end. He hasn't grown up or learned from anything. I fault the writers. Future Hiro was so much better. Don't the writers know that that's the Hiro we want?

yes, i agree. hiro is only stupid 'cause that is how the writers portray him.

Yup. Fuller had the right assessment in the interview. I started disliking and not able to connect to any of the characters. They were all stupid and unlikeable after Season 1 until now.

Eh, Sylar is overpowered. He's shown that he can resist other powers such as mind reading, persuasion, puppet mastery,and hypnosis.

It's funny to see ppl are to two extreme of the show getting better and worser, it's a pity that I'm the latter extreme.

I don't know, but from what I see, he didn't resist to mind reading. He was also K.O in Season 1 when Eden persuade Sylar that he's sleepy(might also be the help of Haitian power of knocking ppl out like he did to Parkman in S1). There was a debate of Sylar's kinetic ablility isn't restrict to his movement, meaning he could still use he kinetic power even he was unable to move. He did under the puppet mastery control, but his kinetic ability knock out the Puppet master and the puppet control thingy lost its effect. I thought he was also hypnosissed by his dad? However, he did resist one of the most powerful ability, which is Hiro's time-stopping ability, but I do think it's fair and square so i don't really going to complain about this hehe...

i can't wait until next week. the season finale looks like it will be good.

i was bored with the sylar episode. i was entertained with the sylar episode. yea, i was saying "this episode sucks" while it was airing but then i said "this was a good episode" after it was done. i don't know why but every since vol. 3 heroes has had me hating and loving the same episode.

who will die? will it be hiro, nathan, peter or sylar??? those are the only 4 people that looked like they might die from the preview. i've been thinking since vol. 4 started that they were going to finally kill off nathan 'cause they were making "so evil". but then nathan switched sides again...

they need to bring back surprising plot twists. these plot twists didn't surprise me they did in season 1..

Not reading the posts that were written today but those people should put spoiler tags if they're talking about the show. Usually we give people 24hrs before not using the spoiler tags since some of us watch it via alternate means because we can't watch it when it airs.

Now Sylar is immune to the only thing that can Kill/disable him.

I don't recall which episode, but in one of this chapter's episodes he mentioned that

you have to hit the exact spot

or else it won't work.

Which mean either Claire was incredibly lucky last chapter or Danko sucks :)

I don't recall which episode, but in one of this chapter's episodes he mentioned that

you have to hit the exact spot

or else it won't work.

Which mean either Claire was incredibly lucky last chapter or Danko sucks :)

i was wondering why that happened. yea, danko sucks...

Now Sylar is immune to the only thing that can Kill/disable him.

Does Hiro have a Brain Tumor?

Don't worry, the Haitian will appear out of nowhere when the writers need him, and he will vanish again whenever necessary "bug" is cleared.

Edit: Removed potential offensive statement.

Edited by Repiv_Onex

Anyone else find the first half of this episode confusing?

It's Agent Tao(?), wait it's Sylar, wait it's Tao again! It's Sylar! no it's Sylar's Mom! Damn shapeshifters.

Sets up for a nice final episode. I wonder who's going to die?

did anybody else find that the "last time on heroes" intro as being untrue?

i don't remember danko telling sylar to masquerade around as agent tao in the previous episode.

maybe this is a deleted scene that will show up on the dvd box set.