Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

I've been updating my CMs reviews and just got my post on the clear/metallic editions up:

Good lord that is an ugly toy. I know some people like clear toys (or so I assume, judging by how many are made) but the combination of that with the metallic colors... super tacky. It's too bad they didn't bother to make some creative customs, rather than these garish little things.

wow jenius, u're collecting all mospeada products including the event exclusives huh?!... must've spent quite a bit there! :p keep it up!! ^_^

BTW, i see u mentioned the common soldier (green sleeves) Rey type, but did u get the common soldier Stick type too? hope u didn't miss that out. ;)

also, if the exclusive Yellow doesn't include the helmet head, that means u can't get it in the armored mode coz of the long hair right?

anyway, i'm disappointed the CM's blowsperior dont have chest missiles... very very big letdown. <_<

thanks for the review & pics :)

Edited by Shun

Good lord that is an ugly toy. I know some people like clear toys (or so I assume, judging by how many are made) but the combination of that with the metallic colors... super tacky. It's too bad they didn't bother to make some creative customs, rather than these garish little things.

I totally agree. They might as well add some glitter and glow in the dark elements. Seriously starting to look like a knock off of their own product.

Thanks again Jenius for full coverage. =)

Glad you guys like the review.

Shun - I've taken pictures of both greenies but I think I'll wait a couple weeks before I put that post up since there really isn't much new to them. Yep, I'm going hardcore on the Mospeada completism... there's only one toy I'm missing at the moment and it's vintage (and crappy). Theoretically you could put Stig or Ley's head on Yellow's body to get him into armor mode for now, if you put the visor down it'd essentially be correct.

FTF - the pearl essence they gave these metallic figures actually does look kinda glittery in person. Yeah, not my favorite.

The BlowSuperior has a pretty different helmet. The sides are squarish and it doesn't have the chin module sticking out. It does have a chin that goes underneath the visor though, unlike the Megahouse version that totally omits it. Not to mention the greenish visor.

Houquets has a different visor too, Again, no chin, but it has vents on the side.

Glad you guys like the review.

Shun - I've taken pictures of both greenies but I think I'll wait a couple weeks before I put that post up since there really isn't much new to them. Yep, I'm going hardcore on the Mospeada completism... there's only one toy I'm missing at the moment and it's vintage (and crappy). Theoretically you could put Stig or Ley's head on Yellow's body to get him into armor mode for now, if you put the visor down it'd essentially be correct.

FTF - the pearl essence they gave these metallic figures actually does look kinda glittery in person. Yeah, not my favorite.

Cool review man. Again who the hell is it at CM's that are designing the Mospeada toys? Their other Brave Gokin pieces are of so much better part fitting, paint and sculpt. One word for their ride armors is RUSHED. At the very least they tried to improve somethings, but ironing out more the tightness issues and a better finish would have been welcomed a lot more.

I think they ordered too much extra glitter/translucent/shiny plastic and they need to get rid of it!

Looking forward to the bright green, gold and hot pink versions. =)

You left out the part about their ugly mugs, my god those are some bad head sculpts. :ph34r:

You left out the part about their ugly mugs, my god those are some bad head sculpts. :ph34r:

Well, at least you can use the helmets for that problem.

I'm still torn about what I decide to do when I get the MH Houqet. I want her in armor mode AND I want to see her face. I might have to get two. :(

I've decided that I'm gonna hold back on the Beagle. The MH pack is good enough for me. Besides, I don't need baggy cloth parts on my mechs! :wacko:

BTW, question for you all. And don't be biased.

Look at this picture...

scalelegioss.jpg

Now, at first glance, which one looks the best OVERALL? And I'm talking about this mode, this picture, only!

Edited by fifbeat

On that Dark Legioss above....

Those missiles, especially on the legs look.......... wack! Why even bother with detail as half-a$$ed as that?

Other than that, not a bad looking toy.

Back to that picture: I like the Toynami Superposable as well. =)

@fifbeat

for me the Toynami 1/55, it's a crap toy, but i love the sculpt and the colors.

x2. I like the brute-like thick look of it. I'm less keen on the Aoshima's brighter green, I like the superposeables cartoonier look, and the CMs I pretty much just accept with it's odd shaped intakes and it's starving appearance.

Well, at least you can use the helmets for that problem.

I'm still torn about what I decide to do when I get the MH Houqet. I want her in armor mode AND I want to see her face. I might have to get two. :(

I've decided that I'm gonna hold back on the Beagle. The MH pack is good enough for me. Besides, I don't need baggy cloth parts on my mechs! :wacko:

BTW, question for you all. And don't be biased.

Look at this picture...

scalelegioss.jpg

Now, at first glance, which one looks the best OVERALL? And I'm talking about this mode, this picture, only!

Tiynami 1/55 looks best there. Terrible quality toy though.

Look at this picture...

Gotta say the CM's. I like how they all look in their own way, but CM's scores extra points with me for the artistic interpretation, which is exactly the thing it loses points for with pretty much everyone else. :)

CM's are alright. I do give props for them making a transforming toy; yet still maintaining that great, well-proportioned Anime-look.

I just don't like the pointy feet and the nipples are too small and facing inwards too much. Very noticeable.

The others are too short and stubby and out of proportion. Same can be said about Gakkens, but they have the excuse for being classics.

I say it again - Toynami's Superposeables look the best. Just not sure about the gummy missile launcher. But that's a given I guess. =)

Edited by fifbeat

The Toynami/Aoshima MPC looks best but its derived off of a model kit, so if it didn't look good, well something is wrong(the quality of that damn toy is wrong to begin with). With that regard, Toynami did the sculpt right. Something Toynami needs to do, is integrate all the good things from a model/toy that they decide to use as a basis for their own toys. For example, clearly the VF-1 MPC's were based on the chunky monkeys/HCM, but did not have the durability nor the secure connections that the chunkies did.

The lack of quality on the Toynami is one of the reasons I like the CMs so much. CMs actually made a toy. I like the artistic license, it not like they made it more kidlike or aimed it at 5 year olds. Certainly much different than the kid-aimed Macross 7 DX toys from 1994. CMs has a better proportioned Armo-soldier mode than the superposeable figure from Toynami. The superposeable has those huge lower legs, and thin arms, and that throws off the appearance for me.

CMs went for sleek and slim, Toynami went brutish and chunky, I like both, but wish Toynami and Aoshima at least tried to make their Legioss durable enough to be handled. Looks nice but its fragile, and I usually think toys referred to as fragile really aren't, but in this case, it really is. When a toy is made like that, its no different than buying a prepainted variable resin kit, aside the price. This was touted as the Alpha/Legioss fans have been waiting for, but I am still waiting. I want something I can play with damn it!

Their toy looks tough and can take a pounding

If it actually was tough and could take a pounding then I'd be happy, but since it isn't, it doesn't do a thing for me except look nice, but again thats not hard considering it was based on a model kit

I hold hope that Toynami fixes up the mold for the MPC Shadow Chronicles toys, but I doubt they will. The Beta looks nice, and I might pick one up, but I'm not counting on my Legioss to survive the connection.

MAKE POST 2 WORK... Can't get enough!!!

Count me out on a Mega House Legioss... the last thing I want is a parts-forming Legioss.... I already have one made by Gakken and that's enough. Now, if Beagle wants to take a stab :D

FTF - I can't say anything for sure but you have to imagine it's a material more akin to riding leathers than to sweats. To make the whole thing work it's probably made out of some space age fiber that's bullet proof (afterall, Stig does fly through walls in his ride armor so the fabric must be pretty sturdy).

EDIT - Nuk, yes, each MH comes with a stand. It should be included in a separate baggy taped to the back of the tray that holds the toy.

EDIT 2 - I'm talking about the inner plastic tray that has the toy in it, not a cardboard tray that holds the inner plastic tray :wacko:

Edited by jenius

Thanks for that. I didnt look in the bag yet...figured it just had the stand for the armor mode...didnt think the bike stand would be in there too.

FTF - I can't say anything for sure but you have to imagine it's a material more akin to riding leathers than to sweats. To make the whole thing work it's probably made out of some space age fiber that's bullet proof (afterall, Stig does fly through walls in his ride armor so the fabric must be pretty sturdy).

EDIT - Nuk, yes, each MH comes with a stand. It should be included in a separate baggy taped to the back of the tray that holds the toy.

Gotcha.

Wonder what it looks like under the cloth. Like if the arms or plastic is thick enough, so if someone wants to customize it (paint the legs all white, and the arms the redish color)...

Don't get me wrong. It's a fine looking toy. That hint of cloth just takes the menace out of it!