Macross Frontier Episode 3 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 3 Rating  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How was Epsiode 3 (Rating)

• Positive (Shelters are a great place to get to know girls)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I don't like jailbait or the Britney-wannabe)

"Triangler" CD single is up. NyaaTorrents and Tokyo Toshokan already have them listed from [Aznmedia.net] and [Q-R] so I won't bother listing those. I have listed a 320 CBR MP3 version on SendSpace (thanks veffidas) for those you who don't like torrents, as well as a more obscure FLAC (lossless encoding, it's also a torrent site).

Also added the a Gattai .mkv MegaUpload for those that don't like torrents. Look at the first post for links.

ALL RIGHT!! My new avatar!

Thanks!

I may fix that to look more metallic...

As for Marchand, SC had lots of fan service, comic book proportioned characters and "sparklingly innovative dialogue"... wait, I forgot my medication today... :wacko:

...And Luca is TOTALLY Rickert!

But the question remains...who's Casca? Sheryl or Alto...?

Alto is clearly the protagonist, leaving from one group of effeminates to find himself in a band of real women. Why do you think these aliens seem so drawn to Ranka? It's clear - she's the next Anointed One. But I wouldn't expect more to develop along these lines until the mysterious Skull Pilot shows up in his haughtly VF-1S... :ph34r:

Edited by Wes

As for Marchand, SC had lots of fan service, comic book proportioned characters and "sparklingly innovative dialogue"... wait, I forgot my medication today... :wacko:

Noooooo!!! :)

Mr March: Come with me.

Zinjo: Other Macross fans once thought as you do. You don't know the power of mediocrity. I must be an Obsequious Toady!

Mr March: I will not turn to HG and you'll be forced to flame me!

Zinjo: If that is your destiny.

Mr March: Search for your sense of taste, Zinjo. You can't do this. I feel your need for quality entertaintment! Let go of your lameness!

Zinjo: It is too late for me, Marchingalong.

*signals fellow Robotech fans with RT Sentinel-esque cans on their heads to take away Mr March*

Zinjo: The RT fan boards will show you the true nature of obsequious fandom. They are your masters now.

Mr March: Then my Zinjo is truly dead

:lol:

Look, if Sterne turns out not to be a guy, I will STILL refer to him as "he". I'm not some flip flopping politician, I will stick with this to the end!

Yes to the bitter flaming end....

Don't forget, "If you gotta go down in flames, hit something big!"

Look, if Sterne turns out not to be a guy, I will STILL refer to him as "he". I'm not some flip flopping politician, I will stick with this to the end!

This is all going to end in tears, isn't it? No matter what happens, SOMEONE's gonna end up embarrassed...unless Sterne's a hermaphrodite...then, everyobdy's right!

Didn't you know? The second fighter in the OP mounts the VF-25 from behind to make it an even bigger fighter...., with a smiling battroid face.... :p

<_<

I'm just gonna call Sterne "Pat" until I see a reference...

Hey, it'd be better than Ozma saying, "Okay, the truth about the Vajra is..." and then he has a heart attack and dies.

Still can't beat that classic Gundam 0083 moment. "My god! the enemies objective is..." *mechanical failure in the gm caused by damage from the previous battle causes it to expload!*

When I watched that sequence I thought I was gonna see another "Ozma Knuckle Sandwich," and then Alto gets booted out of the hospital by Mikhail and Luca. :ph34r: No EMOs allowed here Mr. Alto. :rolleyes:

What makes Alto emo? He's hot blooded, a daredevil/show off, loves flying, and hasn't backed down from a fight. In fact, he got punched out for demanding a Valkyrie during the second SMS sortie. Not emo at all.

What makes Alto emo? He's hot blooded, a daredevil/show off, loves flying, and hasn't backed down from a fight. In fact, he got punched out for demanding a Valkyrie during the second SMS sortie. Not emo at all.

People seem to associate emo with pretty much anything these days, which I find quite lame. So Alto wanted to eagerly kick lobster ass and got a punch in the face. I too fail to see how this makes him emo. Kira yamato and Shin Asuka? Hell yes those guys are emo, but not Alto.

To quote the hilarious urbandictionary:

Emo

A group of white, mostly middle-class well-off kids who find imperfections in there life and create a ridiculous, depressing melodrama around each one. They often take anti-depressants, even though the majority don't need them. They need to wake up and deal with life like everyone else instead of wallowing in their imaginary quagmire of torment.

also,

Somehow, people decided that "emo" meant "emotional," which is obviously bullshit, as 99% of bands make music to illicit emotion, which would make "emotional" a completely all-encompassing genre from classical to opera to pop to rap.

Edited by Mellow Yellow

<cough><cough> ok..........at serious risk of being severely shout and yelled at..........What fansub do you guys think is the most accurate? Ihave downlaoded some, currently finishing downloading animeone and co, but I would like to know about your comparissions in image ans translation.

Sure, I could try to download'em all and keep em to compare, but Im running out of HDD space so I need to be savy about what I keep. :wacko:

Any suggestion will be highly apreciated. (use PM if nescessary to not disrupt the thread B)) )

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there's any real "kid-tested, Macrossworld-approved" fansub. I've seen Shinsen and AonE-Gekkostate-Menclave, and read the Gattai script. They all have points in their favor, and points against...and what those points are depends on what YOU, the discerning Macross fan, thinks is important.

My Japanese is okay, but certainly not good enough to decide which is the most faithful translation. Most of us here are in the same boat, I think.

Still can't beat that classic Gundam 0083 moment. "My god! the enemies objective is..." *mechanical failure in the gm caused by damage from the previous battle causes it to explode!*

I love that bit of the show, it was great......

Taksraven

People seem to associate emo with pretty much anything these days, which I find quite lame. So Alto wanted to eagerly kick lobster ass and got a punch in the face. I too fail to see how this makes him emo. Kira yamato and Shin Asuka? Hell yes those guys are emo, but not Alto.

To quote the hilarious urbandictionary:

Emo

A group of white, mostly middle-class well-off kids who find imperfections in there life and create a ridiculous, depressing melodrama around each one. They often take anti-depressants, even though the majority don't need them. They need to wake up and deal with life like everyone else instead of wallowing in their imaginary quagmire of torment.

also,

Somehow, people decided that "emo" meant "emotional," which is obviously bullshit, as 99% of bands make music to illicit emotion, which would make "emotional" a completely all-encompassing genre from classical to opera to pop to rap.

This video I uploaded to Youtube has been getting me in trouble with "Emo's" for the last few months, enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZJNGbQ56jI

Taksraven

<cough><cough> ok..........at serious risk of being severely shout and yelled at..........What fansub do you guys think is the most accurate? Ihave downlaoded some, currently finishing downloading animeone and co, but I would like to know about your comparissions in image ans translation.

Sure, I could try to download'em all and keep em to compare, but Im running out of HDD space so I need to be savy about what I keep. :wacko:

Any suggestion will be highly apreciated. (use PM if nescessary to not disrupt the thread B)) )

Thanks in advance.

Personally, I use the Zero-Raws HD raw videos and the SRTs I get from the MacrossWorld blog. Gattai's sub is also pretty good though they translated the opening and ending credits instead of the songs which, to me, is kind of a misdirected effort. I believe that the songs are more important than whoever did which job on this series. Of course its entirely possible that one of the fansub groups will drop this project as too much of an effort and we're all left with a mish-mash of different videos that have different fonts and treatment which is why I personally favor the raw video + softsubs.

little thing that's bothering me

I don't know if it's the right translation, but someone mentioned that the doctor SMS redhead girl that seems to pilot the monster, when Ozma reports that the red bug is attacking, says that she's ready to launch but then SMS HQ says the president hasn't given permission, blah blah

anyway, how could she be ready to launch if she's not in uniform/flight suit, whatever??? just wondering

Wait, Macross World has a blog?

I believe he's talking about Macross Share @ Blogspot. It's a storehouse for all Macross files and Robotech (a bunch of RT stuff there :blink: ).

After listening to the CD single a dozen times, I think I figured out why it didn't ring well with me. Maaya Sakamoto's voice.

I believe he's talking about Macross Share @ Blogspot. It's a storehouse for all Macross files and Robotech (a bunch of RT stuff there :blink: ).

After listening to the CD single a dozen times, I think I figured out why it didn't ring well with me. Maaya Sakamoto's voice.

Really?

I found it an integral part of the songs... The instrumental version of Triangle was good, but missing the high notes that she brought to the song...

anyway, how could she be ready to launch if she's not in uniform/flight suit, whatever??? just wondering

I don't think it would take her long to get into a flight suit. And considering how big a VB-6 is, by the time they move it to the catapult, she'll probably be dress and ready to go.

Thanks in advance.

I've found the AiA group to be the best. IMHO

I don't think it would take her long to get into a flight suit. And considering how big a VB-6 is, by the time they move it to the catapult, she'll probably be dress and ready to go.

Let's just hope they've figured out a way to get it to walk without leaving "footprints" in the floor.