1/48 Jetfire

wickedpr1nce

It's not completely done yet but I just wanted to see what everyone thinks here. I haven't been on for many moons here and have just recently started picking up my toys again. I've been really busy with other things in my life and it's rather good to be back here. Anyway, I've added my own little kicks and I've also tried staying true to the original Takara/Hasbro Jetfire. The 1S head that's on it is temporary only until I can get a replacement. I also may end up putting this thing on Ebay at the end of this coming week if anyone's interested. Sorry for no battroid pics,,, got a little lazy at the end and didn't want to transform it. I'll post some pics of it in battroid mode eventually in a day or so if anyone's interested.

post-2412-1206939944_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206939955_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940007_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940057_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940067_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940101_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940107_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940134_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940141_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940148_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940189_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940197_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940248_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940254_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940309_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940316_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1206940322_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good, my only gripe is that it really doesnt need all those stickers.

I couldn't help it. I have all these miscellaneous Anasazi decals lying around so I put it to use. It was either leave it plain jane or decal it up and since I don't know of anyone who produces Transformers waterslide decals, I just went with various Macross decals instead.

I think the stickers are nice but you're missing the autobot sticker on the nose! The gold isn't my thing but it does strike me as "transformery" for some reason.

I'm waiting for a set of Autobot sticker sheet to arrive so that I can apply it to the FP including the one that goes on top of the 1S head. Not sure if I should apply it to the nosecone but here's my question.... Is that Autobot insignia on the nosecone a distraction to some of you? Just curious as I'd like some opinion and feedback on this if you don't mind.

Reason I wanted the verniers to be gold is that I wanted this to stand out. For example, if you were to put this Jetfire smack in the middle of a hundred Macross valks, it should be the one that you notice first and foremost. Hope that answers everyone's questions as to why it's gold.

Yes, I always find that Autobot insignia distracting but I figured that's 'cause I was always more of a Robotech/Macross fan. That said, it just doesn't feel like Jetfire without it. Have you considered just replacing the skull emblem with the autobot insignia (on the heatshield)? I would say either do that or use a smaller more tasteful autobot emblem on the nosecone.

Edited by jenius

Yes, I always find that Autobot insignia distracting but I figured that's 'cause I was always more of a Robotech/Macross fan. That said, it just doesn't feel like Jetfire without it. Have you considered just replacing the skull emblem with the autobot insignia (on the heatshield)? I would say either do that or use a smaller more tasteful autobot emblem on the nosecone.

Yeah I am going to put the Autobot insignia on the heatshield. Again I'm just waiting for the sticker sheet to arrive. I'll try a smaller size insignia on the nosecone before committing or not. I guess it's like you said,,,, it bothers me a little but that's just me.

Anyone order from Reprolabels.com before? I think that's the website which I placed my order. Wish someone here would do those sticker sheets instead... especially Takatoys. His is thin and real impressive for being stickers!

Umm... He did swap the colors....

Looks great.

-Adam

Ummmm.....yeah.....I'm dumb.....I really am just used to so many people not doing it I guess I assumed....and we all know what assuming does.

:ph34r:

Not bad, but you're using the wrong arm armor. Jetfire came with TV arm armor, you're using DYRL arm armor.

Thanx everyone for the compliment. Battroid pics to come tomorrow with the correct head and red lens. Just a FYI... this is not the final coating. It's why there's still a gloss to it. ;)

Reason why it's the wrong armor is becoz I did NOT want to use one of my TV super armors. Think about it,,,, would YOU want to use one of your TV arm armors for this considering they don't sell them as standalones????? The DYRL FPs are an abundance so why not right? Minor imperfections but I can live with it. :)

Reason why it's the wrong armor is becoz I did NOT want to use one of my TV super armors. Think about it,,,, would YOU want to use one of your TV arm armors for this considering they don't sell them as standalones?????

Considering that I'd be using a $130 toy, plus $50 armor, plus the time and labor spent disassembling and painting the toy, yes I would go and acquire the TV arm armor. That's what MW's Wanted Section is for :) But you're right, it is a minor imperfection and if it doesn't bother you then by all means leave it as is.

As promised, here are some battroid pictures of Jetfire. For some reason I couldn't find my heatshield for it so that's the reason why it isn't in the picture.

For the TV arm armors, I doubt anyone would want to trade that for a set of DYRL arm armors. But if anyone's sane enough to want to trade, I'm always up for them. ;)

post-2412-1207373776_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373786_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373813_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373820_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373847_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373855_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373864_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373917_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373923_thumb.jpg

post-2412-1207373932_thumb.jpg

As promised, here are some battroid pictures of Jetfire. For some reason I couldn't find my heatshield for it so that's the reason why it isn't in the picture.

For the TV arm armors, I doubt anyone would want to trade that for a set of DYRL arm armors. But if anyone's sane enough to want to trade, I'm always up for them. ;)

Oddly enough, it looks more like jetfire without the heatshield.

-Adam