Shonen Ace - Macross Frontier Manga, Chapter 4

Graham

mentioned this in the other thread... but this is about at my Japanese level and I've got a fluent friend who likes Macross... we can help with the translation is ackem dosn't want to do all of it.

*might just do my own scanlation anyway*

I'm just waiting for the the last 7 pages before finishing actually, although you're free to to get your friend to finish it if you want. Still, since it seems that Graham doesn't hasn't had time to finish scanning the chapter, I'll probably update the translation later.

I'm just waiting for the the last 7 pages before finishing actually, although you're free to to get your friend to finish it if you want. Still, since it seems that Graham doesn't hasn't had time to finish scanning the chapter, I'll probably update the translation later.

well he wouldn't do the whole thing... he'd only help me when I get suck... but sure I'll take a crack at it tomorrow, if you haven't already done so.

I tried my hand at putting the two page spread together. Notice that the VF-1J is totally done exactly like the Revoltech.

post-1819-1207432428_thumb.jpg

This gonna raise eye brows but that sequence is total BS. A Gate Guard that's still fully functional? No, totally irrisponsible. Any plane that gets taken out of service for what ever reason, gets gutted. engines pulled, can's pulled, avionics ganked, cockpit cleaned out and white washed...

for the school (or what ever that place was that had a static display of the VF-1J) to have a fully functional Battroid on display would totally wrong? what's to stop some nut job climbing in and doing several minutes worth of destruction before being captured or destroyed?

...but other that, it looked cool (who knows, maybe you can't just pull the motors...) :blink:

I tried my hand at putting the two page spread together. Notice that the VF-1J is totally done exactly like the Revoltech.

post-1819-1207432428_thumb.jpg

Awww man. VF-1J? I was expecting that valk to be... you know... :unsure:

BTW the VF-1J looks great in that last page... new manga artist?

Fusion reactors aren't as dangerous as fission reactors we use today. Yes they are both nuclear power, but fusion is a lot safer, cleaner and it does not explode violently if something goes wrong. Plus, we're talking OverTechnology here, which makes it possible for cheap, efficient power to be used even in automobiles in the Macross era. Doubt that would be a concern.

Given their nuclear nature, it might be more dangerous to pull the engines, than leave them in the shielding in the nacelles... Which, in turn, explains why it was still functional.

Alternatively, it could be accepted that it IS just a work of fiction... :p

~Luke