Vocaloid Hatsune Miku

Well, after seeing so many kits of this character at WF, I decided to looking into who she is and why she is so popular.

2300869747_a08286ba0c.jpg

Here is the full info on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

Bascally she's the character image for a singing synthesizer application software. Just imput music & melody and the program will "sing".

Here own theme song:

Samples of of her synthesizer ability....

Macross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJzido6KQpc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fdoc4XYYks

And other stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPx0a8xsGLA

Edited by cwmodels

Well, after seeing so many kits of this character at WF, I decided to looking into who she is and why she is so popular.

It's "popular" because it's your basic MOE loli-droid which it THE CLASSIC japanese fetish. She wouldn't be even as remotely popular if she had big flopping udders or wore glasses. Also at the same time little in that same trend was airing and it was hot on the heels of 2 other singing/loli-droid shows.

Next time save your time and just ask on 4Chan. ^_^

Ievan Polka Miku

Ievan Polka Miku is stuck in my brain

Kurutto, Odotte Miku

catchy, I think the lyrics are Portuguese for the first song

I must admit to be sorely tempted in getting a Nendoroid Miku. The two blond ones are twins. Rin and Ren. One's a girl, and one's a boy. They're the newest vocaloid pack. While they're cute characters, when it comes to singing... Sharon Apple they are not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

You know, even to this day, I still don't get the craze...maybe I'm not otaku enough or something? But even some friends of mine and I just don't see a point in having interest. She's not cute to me, and her voice is just so annoying cause it's so syntho'ed.

You know, even to this day, I still don't get the craze...maybe I'm not otaku enough or something? But even some friends of mine and I just don't see a point in having interest. She's not cute to me, and her voice is just so annoying cause it's so syntho'ed.

Die you. :angry:

There are quite alot of bad synths of her voice but there are good ones too. The program is definately not user friendly.

lol I'm sorry Wolfx ol' buddy but I don't see the attraction. She's like a beta Sharon on puberty and I got no interest in that. I probably wouldn't even be a big sharon fan if she were real cause there's no point in liking something that has no realness to it at all.

lol I'm sorry Wolfx ol' buddy but I don't see the attraction. She's like a beta Sharon on puberty and I got no interest in that. I probably wouldn't even be a big sharon fan if she were real cause there's no point in liking something that has no realness to it at all.

Hikuro you either have a girlfriend or you haven't watched enough anime... or both. Go and have a NORMAL life.

• 3 months later...

My local comic/doujin group has been drawing this character and i've been collecting 2 pieces of fanart but i had no idea who she was until yesterday! She's actually some sorta alter ego for Hatsune Miku, a dark Miku if you will. She's called Black Rock Shooter.

Her popularity was spawned from this PV.

She originated from a Miku fanart from some guy called Huke. More info below on potential NSFW link.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/03/05/b...k-hatsune-miku/

It's basically what you can do with the vocaloids (if you know how), I guess the reason why Miku Hatsune is so particularly popular is because is... well--she's the first of a series of vocaloids. That and she's pretty prominent in a bunch videos...

Here's the latest vocaloid released, I find her so much better than Miku:

Meet Luka Megurine, doing a cover of Sleepy Inoopi's cover of Haruhi Suzumiya's Lost my Music.

Demo song 1

Demo song 2

Edited by shiroikaze

• 2 weeks later...

The age of Sharon Apple Hatsune Miku is here.

Documentary for Hatsune Miku

I'm actually surprised that she has reached mainstream fame already, and not just limited to the otaku and Internet geeks.

• 11 months later...

So when will Hatsune Miku start hijacking UAV's and mind-controlling people to do her bidding?

Edited by Moly_Sigang

I think she's already making people do her bidding.

When I watched Macross Plus back in 1994, the scene when it mentioned that some fans want to marry Sharon Apple, I used to think why wold anyone want to marry a hologram? After seeing this concert... I AM SOLD!

Edited by cwmodels

There's a direct download of the entire concert also available here:

http://www.moetron.com/2010/03/10/hatsune-...formance-video/

I'm actually tempted in getting the Blu-Ray.

Not a Vocaloid expert by any means but from the time I've wasted on youtube, I'd say that I like Megurine Luka better.... though some songs sound better with certain vocaloids.

Pretty much, at first I didn't like how the Kagamine twins sounded, but after hearing some of their songs like Kokoro and Migita no Chou. They've actually grown on me. (I like how some songs sound upbeat and cheerful until you hear/read the lyrics...)

But yes, Luka for the win.

I wish Good Smile would put more Nendoroid Lukas in production, I missed her the second time :(.

Edited by shiroikaze

Thanks for sharing the concert video. Very awesome concert. Abit saddened though by the lack of supercell songs. I wonder if its due to licensing or something.

But Melt as a finale is awesome. :D I just wished they redid the dance choreography for that song cuz the dance is weak for such an awesome song.

And what, no Miku miku shite ageru? That's odd.

But Melt's a Supercell song. I'm surprised I didn't hear Love is War and Black Rock Shooter.

Apart from Melt and The World Is Mine, there seems to be lack of Ryo's songs. :( Not sure why.

So how exactly does this work? Does one provide just the melody and it starts singing whatever it sees fit that goes with the melody? Or does one provide the lyrics as well? I heard 'Hatsune Miku's' version of "Tenshi no Enogu." I'm inclined to believe that one provides both the lyrics and melody but I don't know. Thanks.

Apart from Melt and The World Is Mine, there seems to be lack of Ryo's songs. :( Not sure why.

Oh yeah, I forgot about The World is Mine. Which reminds me, Project Diva 2nd! ;)

So how exactly does this work? Does one provide just the melody and it starts singing whatever it sees fit that goes with the melody? Or does one provide the lyrics as well? I heard 'Hatsune Miku's' version of "Tenshi no Enogu." I'm inclined to believe that one provides both the lyrics and melody but I don't know. Thanks.

You are right, the composer provides both melody and lyrics. It's basically like a music-mixing program in a way. You spell out the lyrics at different pitches.

Here's a screenshot of how it works (this is the Vocaloid 1 program by the way):

vocaloid_screenshot.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze