Second Favorite Macross Singer

Plastik Missle

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your second most favorite Macross singer?

• Lynn Minmay (Macross)
    • Myung Fang Lone (Macross Plus)ً
    • Sharon Apple (Macross Plus)
    • Nikki Basara (Macross 7)
    • Mylene Flare Jenius (Macross 7)
    • Emilia Jenius (Macross 7)
    • Sara Nome (Macross Zero)
    • Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
    • Wendy Ryder (Macross II)
    • Ishtar (Macross II)

I have not voted yet because I can not decide who I like first best and it is between, Minmei, Sharon and Sara. Minmei because her songs saved the human race, although I am not a huge fan of her music or personality, Sharon because I love her music and she is a bad ass mind fu$k, and Sara because the hippy in me loves a spiritual powerful woman who's compassion literally moves things. Tough call for me.

Yes, second most favorite. Since I highly suspect voting for the most favorite would lead to a landslide victory for a certain half Chinese chanteuse. So I thought voting for second favorite would be a lot more revealing. So have at it.

OUPS !!! I voted for Lynn Minmay thinking it was ''your most favorite singer''. I'm going with Sharon Apple then.

Edited by Macross007

Sharon is second, Minmay tops the list for me.

All the ladies (Basara included but dead last) all have their good songs and moments, but Minny is easily the best.

Sharon is all about mood, and not enough vocals. Wanna be an Angel is her best of course. imo.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

#1 for me is Minmay.

I haven't seen Macross Frontier yet, but from everything else in Macross, I don't care much for their singers.

The only thing that I liked was Wendy Ryder from Macross II. Lousy personality if I recall from the show (long time since last viewing) but I did like her design by Haruhiko Mikimoto.

The only thing that I liked was Wendy Ryder from Macross II. Lousy personality if I recall from the show (long time since last viewing) but I did like her design by Haruhiko Mikimoto.

Like a lot people, I was pretty disappointed by MacII (I don't even like the VF-2SS), but the character designs were great, weren't they?

Like a lot people, I was pretty disappointed by MacII (I don't even like the VF-2SS), but the character designs were great, weren't they?

They sure were.

Speaking of H.Mikimoto, alot of my favorite artwork of his came during this timeframe... in the years after DYRL? and FB2012, and before Macross 7. The era includes Macross II since it came in between FB2012 and Macross 7. His illustrations for the Macross franchise from these years are still, IMO, the best of anything from the franchise then and now, including Macross II in it's own "outcast fashion." The group illustrations are d**n good, especially those watercolor looking ones :ph34r:

It's too bad that 90% of Macross II wasn't good for me, even as a Robotech fan when I saw this OVA in the mid-90s. I mean, they blew up the SDF-1!!!! :blink::wacko::blink:

P.S. - I almost forgot, I never watched the show, but I am familiar with the character designs of Gunbuster, which H.Mikimoto also did. I also found this entry in Gunbuster's entry at Wikipedia funny:

The characters were originally designed by Haruhiko Mikimoto, who also did likewise on The Super Dimension Fortress Macross and on the following year's Gundam 0080. The series is also notable for being the first anime to introduce jiggling breasts as a form of fan service, which led to such movement being sometimes called the "Gainax bounce". This subsequently led to the fan nickname "BustGunner".

SDF:M (1982-83): No jiggle

DYRL? (1984): No jiggle

FB2012 (1987): No jiggle

Gunbuster (1988): Jiggle!

Macross II (1992): *nods* Swaying Silvie Jiggle!

Even more reason to bow to the awesomeness of Haruhiko Mikimoto :ph34r:

Edited by Warmaker

• 4 weeks later...

I voted Basara who is always the best - even if the poll is for second best....

It's amazng that Minmey is winning this - I think people are just subconciously voting for their favorite....

I would like to note however that the poll is someone biased against Neki Basara:

I mean - if we add up all of the Macross 7 singers then they all get 10 votes, putting them only 1 vote bellow Minmey - making it within the statistical margin of error.

Even if we subtract Emilia Jenus for not being directly involved in Fire Bomber, then just Basara and Mylene tie with Sharon Apple for 2nd place...

In general, I love Minmey's songs; really - but Basara is just better.

Hat tip to Sara Nome. I like naked women who sing in French. And seriously - for me, her songs are very touching.

VFTF1

first would be minmei, for sentimental reasons. hey, it IS macross after all. she friggin stopped an entire race with her singing. hehe.

i'm having a bit of trouble with my second singer. I like Sharon apple. But I like Myung for the song voices. but, technically, she's not an idol. On the OTHER hand, Myung was the "soul" of Sharon Apple before the latter got her AI upgrade. so, arguably Myung IS sharon apple. so the real idol all along was Myung.

waaaaa. frack. i'm lost on this one. :p

sigh. ok. i voted for Myung.

I am heartbroken that Basara is behind both Sharon Apple (bleh!) and the one-hit-wonder Sheryl Nome!

Loosing to Minmey I can stomach - but to those two! Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Why don't you guys want to listen to his songs!?

VFTF1