Macross Frontier Movie in 2009, 2010?

Tobi54

What would be the chances of this happening? It would make sense since by that time Frontier TV series should be done, and it'd be Macross: DYRL 25th anniversary. Most likely it'll depend of the commercial success of the current series. I'd be really excited to see the the level of production shown on the Frontier TV series brought up to an even bigger scope in the form of a feature film. I wonder if SK has mentioned anything regarding a movie.

I think ut's a little too early to be worrying about that considering the series hasn't even started officially yet. Lol.

Well, that was mentioned on my post, I was mainly looking at it from a timing perspective regarding the 25th anniversary of DYRL

Let's think and worry about that when the series actually progresses. It's generally a year or two before Kawamori even releases either an OVA or movie after a TV version is complete. Escaflowne and Aquarion are prime examples of such.

Timing means nothing if the TV series doesn't do well. :p

A movie version may not even be worth doing if the TV series doesn't do well, or just plain old sucks. There wasn't a movie edition or movie of Macross Zero. Not everything warrants a movie (especially if it came originally from a manga).

• 9 months later...
What would be the chances of this happening? It would make sense since by that time Frontier TV series should be done, and it'd be Macross: DYRL 25th anniversary. Most likely it'll depend of the commercial success of the current series. I'd be really excited to see the the level of production shown on the Frontier TV series brought up to an even bigger scope in the form of a feature film. I wonder if SK has mentioned anything regarding a movie.

You were right dude... :lol: