Ivanov SV-51 re-issue

nemesis_trooper

And what was wrong with the first edition exactly? I recall only that the wings are loose (when ordinance are mounted on them) and this can easily be fixed with nail polish?

As I understand it, the issue was pretty much the loose wing joints and the hardpoints for the weapons themselves being a bit loose. Could be wrong, however. I never heard of any beyond those, let alone any kind of catastrophic failure like the VF-0* shoulders.

forget a couple of hours, just wait til the re-issue comes out.

seriously, theres nothing but bad ones out there and they're the ones that people returned because they was something wrong with the. believe me, i bought 2 trying to get 1 good one and both of them ended up being used POS's.

be patient or be pissed.

Buying toys shouldn't be risky.

If I were you, I'd just wait for the reissue. If not for personal reasons (like not wanting to get one with flaws) then at least for doing it "on principle" alone. (ie show support for the non-flawed release to show yamato you are dead serious about the QC)

After all, patience is a virtue: look at the 1/72 for example. The VF-11 FP only comes from the fixes of flaws in earlier releases. Holding off can really pay off. From now: Support only the non-flawed stuff if you want them to take it seriously.

When the fixed releases of VF-0s come out is when I will be thinking about getting some more. But only after I see reviews of the newer ones to be sure. Love the design, scared of the long term durability.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

When the fixed releases of VF-0s come out is when I will be thinking about getting some more. But only after I see reviews of the newer ones to be sure. Love the design, scared of the long term durability.

Aren't the VF-0S with Ghost supposed to be a fixed release?

How about the inverted wing hinge? Can that be seen through the box's window?

no and no.

theres no way to tell if the wing hinges are correct without taking it out the box and checking it.

on plus side, the hinge is easily fixable from the pics i've seen here but i'd still wait for the reissue.

whats the point of buying a flawed toy when you know a good one is bound to come out?

Ivanov SV-51 has been backordered at BBTS for a while, and restocked recently.

I am wondering if it is safe to say they are selling 2nd issue.

Edited by konimon

Ivanov SV-51 has been backordered at BBTS for a while, and restocked recently.

I am wondering if it is safe to say they are selling 2nd issue.

its not a 2nd issue, just a restock. and what he gets depends on who hes buying from?

if hes getting it direct from asia goal, you should be safe from getting someones used returned POS.

if hes getting through some company, you up might get what i described up above, i got 2 POS back to back.

if you want to take the chance you're more than welcome to, but as they say fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

its not a 2nd issue, just a restock. and what he gets depends on who hes buying from?

if hes getting it direct from asia goal, you should be safe from getting someones used returned POS.

if hes getting through some company, you up might get what i described up above, i got 2 POS back to back.

at least with BBTS you know you can return it.

BBTS does seem to have good ability to find those hidden stocks. So I guess it is not very dependable. Oh well...

Being able to return is definitely great.

I prefer receiving replacement parts even if I ended up paying so I won't have to return it more than twice...

I'd hope for future releases of grey low-vis or Dobber scheme without any QC concern would be golden, but so far Ivanov is my favourite.

I'd hope for future releases of grey low-vis or Dobber scheme without any QC concern would be golden, but so far Ivanov is my favourite.

ivanov is the only good looking one IMO(hence why i took a chance 2 times)but its also the worst in terms of everything thats important.

BBTS is good for returns and such but the trade off is, its always more expensive than everyone else.

theres no one i know of offering replacement parts for this thing. you either get a good one or a crappy one.

i spent $400+ trying to get a good one and got nothing to show for it other than a loss of $75 or so. :mellow: