Southern Cross & Genesis Climber Mospeada

Mospeada is one of my all-time fav show, actually i like it slightly more than macross :p (oops for saying that in a macross board) :ph34r:

I like Macross more, but Mospeada gets rewatched much more often. :)

My fav character in Mospeada is Rey, coz he is funny and the smartest in the group.

Yellow was the first one to suspect Aisha, though. You can also find that he doesn't care who she is.

What I like about the group is that all of them are average joes. While everyone of them have their strengths and skills, none of them are the best in their field.

Why i like Mospeada is also because everyone in the team gets at least one episode revealing their background and we see the character development for each of them.

Not true for Ray.

i watch mospeada ALOT.... :lol:

yeah, rey didn't get his background episode, but that's becoz he was already getting too much of the limelight :lol: seriously makes me wonder more about his past... but if you're talking about character development, rey did grow up during the series - he was a loner at first and grew strong bonds with those trusted friends, among other things...

Yellow was the first to suspect aisha becoz he saw Sorji in that invid mecha and Sorji and Aisha were staring at each other. there's obviously a strong connection between those two, and one of them is in an invid mecha - shouldn't be too hard to realise whats up. Rey was not with them and didn't see this, else he'd probably realise what's going on - it's just too obvious, linking back to how the invids always avoided injuring aisha, and how aisha gets all those 'pre-warning' headaches everytime before the invids arrive. but yeah, why didn't rey realise that based on these? maybe he was too captivated with aisha's body :wub::p to think straight with anything related to aisha... :lol:

Another funny moment is how rey kissed houquet on her lips - smart and cheeky :lol:

I read that Yellow was a favorite of the japanese fans though.

the average joes / motley crew part is probably what makes the characters so likeable.

• 4 months later...

Just got a copy of ADV's Mospeada... coming soon. Scored on ebay for about $26. (Though I could have saved a little time and just bought a used one on amazon.com for a few bucks more)...

This better be good, guys!

You know, the more I watch Robotech, the more I am bugged out by all the B.S. splicing of the 3 original shows. I respect Carl Macek's decision to do so (both artistically, and just to get it on TV!)... but man, watching the last few episodes of "Macross Saga" with that Southern Cross footage spliced in.... wack!! LOL

Looking forward to seeing Mospeada in its original state!

Edited by fifbeat

LOL! (sadly, the panty flash is actually on the Robotech version)

Really? Wow...I don't remember that...

Hey, i have a question for you Gubaba...

What's the best set Macross set to buy off Robotech.com?

;)

Whichever one is most expensive, of course! :D

Yeah, they show her panties in the 2nd episode I believe.

How is the music in Mospeada?

And is it true that this series wasn't popular NOR did the toys sell in Japan when it came out?

See, Robotech has brought some good. If it weren't for it, we probably wouldn't have a lot of the toys in America (Back when there was no online ordering)...

Yeah, they show her panties in the 2nd episode I believe.

Ah. That's...not what I was referring to. ;)

How is the music in Mospeada?

Have you ever seen any of the Studio Ghibli films? Same guy doing the music. It's pretty '80s, but it's GOOD '80s.

And is it true that this series wasn't popular NOR did the toys sell in Japan when it came out?

See, Robotech has brought some good. If it weren't for it, we probably wouldn't have a lot of the toys in America (Back when there was no online ordering)...

Good point. Robotech has done a lot to keep Mospeada (and especially Southern Cross) in the public eye of the Western World. [insert your own snarky undercutting comment here. I'm too lazy to think of one right now. ^_^ ]

LOL! (sadly, the panty flash is actually on the Robotech version)

Hey, i have a question for you Gubaba...

What's the best set Macross set to buy off Robotech.com?

The scene I'm talking about is towards the end of the series, but if you want to be surprised, I wouldn't ask any more questions.

As for Macross sets, they used to have the super-cheap Animeigo set for like $40 or $50. It's definitely the best version.

• 1 month later...

I'm almost done watching Robotech Masters. I'm actually enjoying it a LOT. In a way, it's actually more interesting, story-wise, than Mospeada. Now, I said "more interesting", not more "enteraining". =) Of course, I'm judging by the chopped Harmony Gold version....

I've skimmed through this thread and it seems like the original Japanese version may be a future purchase.

I know it has been chopped up and the story has been changed around quite a bit. But can someone tell me by how much, without giving too much away? Like, can i expect more violence? Nudity? Blood? Sex? More shower scenes? How is the music in the original? Dialogue?

One thing I do like about the Robotech Masters version is some of the voice dubbing. Angelo's voice is just so fitting. In fact, a lot of the voice acting is dead on in my opinion. But then again, this is the way I'm used to seeing it.

The mecha in this series kinda sucks. But those Ajax helicopters look pretty cool.

I still can't believe they never came out with toys for this stuff (with the exception of the matchbox stuff).

Edited by fifbeat

I'm almost done watching Robotech Masters. I'm actually enjoying it a LOT. In a way, it's actually more interesting, story-wise, than Mospeada. Now, I said "more interesting", not more "enteraining". =) Of course, I'm judging by the chopped Harmony Gold version....

I've skimmed through this thread and it seems like the original Japanese version may be a future purchase.

I know it has been chopped up and the story has been changed around quite a bit. But can someone tell me by how much, without giving too much away? Like, can i expect more violence? Nudity? Blood? Sex? More shower scenes? How is the music in the original? Dialogue?

One thing I do like about the Robotech Masters version is some of the voice dubbing. Angelo's voice is just so fitting. In fact, a lot of the voice acting is dead on in my opinion. But then again, this is the way I'm used to seeing it.

The mecha in this series kinda sucks. But those Ajax helicopters look pretty cool.

I still can't believe they never came out with toys for this stuff (with the exception of the matchbox stuff).

I've only watched about half of the original Southern Cross, and that was years and years ago (remember the Robotech Perfect Collection? Yep, that's how I saw it), but the biggest difference is glaringly obvious right from the get-go...Southern Cross doesn't even happen on earth!

Oh, and you get to see Jeanne's (Dana's) butt. Big whoop.

The Robotech Masters arch makes me shiver, that's how bad I think it is. Glad you like it though, to each their own. Southern Cross is infinitely better. Humans have colonized a Planet name Glorie (or Gloire). The original inhabitants come home from a long space mission and find humans running amok on their planet. They launch a war to get their planet back but the humans don't feel like leaving. The real twist to Southern Cross though is that it's a new take on "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" because the bad guys "The Zor" don't fight for themselves, they abduct humans in their attack, reprogram them, and send them back out as soldiers. This causes all sorts of internal strife as the humans have to deal with the fact they're killing their own every time the Zor attack. This also explains why a human named Seifreitt is taken back by the humans unlike Robotech Masters' Zor Prime story where a Master is given weapons and sent out to attack his own... :blink:

Edited by jenius

I'm very very dissapointed by the fact that soo many ppl haven't even watched Southern Cross either by merely watching some designs and not liking them and/or by derogatory comments made by them trolls... Actually is a good anime sci-fi series...

Is not as great as Macross, but it is not that bad either...

I highly recommend u watch it entirely so you can make up your mind. Is only 23 episodes long!!! (And waaay better than most crap out there in the tube these days)

Here u can get both Mospeada and Southern Cross (among many many other things)...

Enjoy!!!

post-7862-1218752986_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1218753290_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1218753415_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I'm very very dissapointed by the fact that soo many ppl haven't even watched Southern Cross either by merely watching some designs and not liking them and/or by derogatory comments made by them trolls... Actually is a good anime sci-fi series...

Is not as great as Macross, but it is not that bad either...

I highly recommend u watch it entirely so you can make up your mind. Is only 23 episodes long!!! (And waaay better than most crap out there in the tube these days)

Yeah, I dunno. As I said, I watched half of the series or so on the old Robotech Perfect Collection tapes, and although I thought it was better than Robotech Masters, I still wasn't terribly enthralled with it.

One of these days, I'll get around to watching the whole thing, but it's not high on my list of priorities right now...

For the longest time, I never wanted anything to do with it. Like I said, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought.

Where's the rest of that Southern Cross chart? I wanna see the top half.

Right Stuf list the price now at $19.99... and it says it's sold out!

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmg...tem/59090/4/0/0

I call them up... the guy told me the site is wrong and they have plenty of copies ........I order it for the $19 price

He also told me that ADV films is going out of business!

Thats a great price! I got mine for $30 I think shortly after it came out. I am just now watching it for the second time all the way through.

Wow, that's the first (and probably the last) time I've ever seen Southern Cross cosplay. Lana and Louis don't look to bad either. I'm just surprised they couldn't find an old, bald and fat otaku to play Claude Leon (Gen. Leonard) :lol:

That picture is from a late 80s convention. I believe the girl cosplaying Jeanne/Dana owns it and posted it in Cosplay.com, she is a grown up woman now but she still cosplays, hehe...

^_^

For the longest time, I never wanted anything to do with it. Like I said, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought.

Where's the rest of that Southern Cross chart? I wanna see the top half.

I found that and lots of more images on a site that I couldn't find ever again... It may have been closed...

:unsure:

post-7862-1218938156_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1218938487_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1218938612_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

That picture is from a late 80s convention. I believe the girl cosplaying Dana owns it and posted it in Cosplay.com, she is a grown up woman now but she still cosplays, hehe...

^_^

I found that and lots of more images on a site that I couldn't find ever again... It may have been closed...

:unsure:

Thanks for posting. =)