Justed wanted to so hi and I am officially addicted

mriboy

Hi,

I'm Mike and am new to the board and officially addicted. I have spent about a grand this last two weeks in valk's and purchased a 1985 mib hover tank and 1985 mib veritech fighter. On the hover tank the box is in real bad shape, so thinking of just taking the tank out and putting on display. I have baught from the masterpiece collection 1/55 scale Ben Dixion, Sue Graham, Lancer, Scott Bernard, Roy Fokker and the 1/100 second pack from toynami. I also have a invid scout and shock tropper. I then found this site, so now I ordered a yamato 1/48 Roy Fokker with to DYRL strike pack and looking at the 1/48 VF-19 and 1/60 SV-51r then After those two I need to take a break lol. I am trying to get my display looking good so they look like they are in outerspace fighting then I will have to figure out how to post picks. Well just wanted to say hi and been reading alot on the board and thanks for some great ideas.

Mike

Edited by mriboy

Yeah, I've spent about atleast a grand these last 3 months. Luckily my next big purchase won't be until Feb.

DD sv-51

Nora sv-51

25th anniv. yf-19

25th anniv. vf-1s

revoltech: getter robo, shin getter, black getter, Fraulein Rei, vf-1s, vf-1j, Gaiking, open face Gaiking

1/48 Milia

Project Dynamite Kanu Uncho

Transformers: Barricade, Concept Camaro BB

Edited by Golden Arms

Two years from now you'll be all Valk'ed out and penniless :)

Welcome on board

Welcome!

Five years later for me, I'm broke. Eh heh heh.

I'm about to sell stuff to pay for new mountain bike.

But don't listen to me, listen to you mom and eat those ramen and vegetables!

Good Luck!

Sell your "masterpieces" and go for Yamato.

If you don't believe me - I can post a picture by picture comparison of a 1/48 Stealth VF-1J and the "Masterpiece" VF-1S...

Masterpiece is a WASTE of money. 1/100 also is a waste of money.

60 bucks for three little crudy 1/100 guys or 100 USD for a very bad representation of a VF-1S are complete wastes of money.

Yamatos are NOT expensive - when you actually have on in hand and realize what you're getting - the price is extremely reasonable unlike the cheap knock off that is MP Robotech.

Welcome :)

VFTF1

Sell your "masterpieces" and go for Yamato.

If you don't believe me - I can post a picture by picture comparison of a 1/48 Stealth VF-1J and the "Masterpiece" VF-1S...

Masterpiece is a WASTE of money. 1/100 also is a waste of money.

60 bucks for three little crudy 1/100 guys or 100 USD for a very bad representation of a VF-1S are complete wastes of money.

Yamatos are NOT expensive - when you actually have on in hand and realize what you're getting - the price is extremely reasonable unlike the cheap knock off that is MP Robotech.

Welcome :)

VFTF1

haha, yeah, Yamato is on their third line of VF-1s and Toynami can't even keep their 1/100 line going. By the time they get the fast packs out Yamato will be doing the 1/48s all over again.

Yeah I am done with the MPC and going yamato for any new ones. My scott, sue, and lancer realy crappy looking up close and not put together that great. Didn't know about yamato's till this site and got the MPC due to robotech.com.

Thats the way so many have come here.

Just purchased both 1/48 VF-19 with booster pack and 1/60 SV-51 Nora. And a regult and officer pod 1/72 resin models i will have to paint and put together. That should hold me for awhile. By the way how do you size pics so you can post?

Edited by mriboy