nice camo option

jorawar_b

That's because it doesn't exist. Photoshopped proposal. (And it also shows well why no matter how awesome a camoflage scheme you may have---if you don't paint the missiles and drop tanks too, it's kinda pointless----which is why pale grey is still #1)

Plus you can't paint an F-16's nose like that. You could eventually mold it in all brown or all tan, but an actual "pattern" is impossible with current materials.

Due to the (non-)metallic elements in the applied paints the reception and transmission performance of the radar might degrade.

The various paint coatings could lead to interference in certain frequency bands of the radarwaves, leading to blind spots or false returns in a worst case scenario.

Radomes (the plastic covers over radars) don't work as well when painted with some paints. When painted like that, the signal scatters or is received with impaired fidelity. Special paint and/or patterns are often used. It took me a while to learn that one. - MT

It's almost completely un-doable on anything smaller than 1/48 if you favor your sanity... a digi-camo finish is doable, but something as complex and with such a fine grain as that is almost impossible.

Unless you make custom decals for the pattern?

Yeah, that scheme is doable.... HWR actually did an Armored Core model with it. My point was that the original image jarowar posted is nearly impossible to do bc/ of the much smaller 'pixels' of the camo... it'd be like trying to paint 1/35 modern US figures in the digi-camo BDUs...

Speaking of patterns , is this a pattern or just weathering???F15

I think it's due to weathering plus the aircraft being recently wet (washdown, rain, etc). I'm leaning heavily towards this pic showing an old display Eagle. It's an F-15A, and I don't think the US is flying those models anymore. The surrounding ground of the jet is anything friendly towards active combat aircraft. The flightline is cracked with debris all over the place, begging a powerful engined aircraft to suck up FOD (rocks, etc) and take out the engines. That fence towards the nose also doesn't belong anywhere inside an active flightline.

I think it's due to weathering plus the aircraft being recently wet (washdown, rain, etc). I'm leaning heavily towards this pic showing an old display Eagle. It's an F-15A, and I don't think the US is flying those models anymore. The surrounding ground of the jet is anything friendly towards active combat aircraft. The flightline is cracked with debris all over the place, begging a powerful engined aircraft to suck up FOD (rocks, etc) and take out the engines. That fence towards the nose also doesn't belong anywhere inside an active flightline.

If you'll look closely, you'll see that it doesn't even have engines, note the lack of exhausts. :lol:

::EDIT::

And if I'm not mistaken, the wing next to it is of an F-4 Phantom. Another golden oldie.

Edited by Dante74