1/48 Max and Kakizaki TV VF-1As...will Yamato ever make them?

hutch

Just curious. Does anybody think these will ever get made, or would I be better off commissioning a custom? I love the designs and color schemes. I know they're a little bland, but to each his own.

THAT is Max's valk to me...

Of course, if I commission them, Yamato will make them about 6 months later...like they reissued the Max 1/48 1J after I bought the first issue...

:lol:

not likely. while the hardcore fans might recognize the TV valks, the everyday fan will not.

they made the DYRL kakazaki because people kept saying they'd buy it(like people keep saying about the TV max and kakzaki) but when it all came down to it, they turned out to be shelf warmers.

Agreed, Yamato probably won't make them because the probably won't sell very well. You'd be better of taking another common 1A and doing a custom repaints for yourself ( or comission someone to do it for you )

Fan-Approved 1A's (angel birds and DYRL hayato) sold like crap.

The good thing is if you are going for customs you can find those two cheaper in many stores. Good Custom fodder.

Bad things is that yamato isn't going to be as optimistic about a new color scheme after hearing MW'ers say "I'd soooo buy that!!"

I don't get it. Why would you do a DYRL Hayao over a Max TV 1A? Surely Max TV 1A would be way more demanded than DYRL Hayao. I can't be the only one out there who completely ignores all DYRL paint schemes. I would have definitely bought a Max TV 1A but I didn't even consider purchasing a DYRL Hayao.

The good thing is if you are going for customs you can find those two cheaper in many stores. Good Custom fodder.

not quite true...

i've seen the hayao selling for a little less than normal but they did a smaller production run the angel birds so the price on those is still up there($150ish).

i'm with eugimon and jenius, i dumped the DYRL scheme because it so bland/boring. i was concentrating on the TV valks but then i sold my custom TV max and ben, and more recently the M&Ms. i'm just all VF-1'ed out. plus with all the new releases and their unreasonably high price tag, it was either buy more of the same or buy more of a variety....i chose variety.

Edited by do not disturb

so does that mean you have another set of customs ;) lurking around

i kind of miss those customs. :(

i was thinking about it making another set but there no more super 1J hikkies out there unless i go FP-less with them. it was such an ordeal to get everything TV canon on those. i had to buy 4 valks(2 TV valks, 1 CF valk, and 1A valk) just to make the 2 of them. not to mention the pain staking process of removing all the paint and aquiring that TV max pilot was no joke...i think i paid $25 for him or something ridiculous.

back on topic...

if yamato were to release them, i would probably do a small production run to see if an additional run i warranted.

or they could also ask HLJ to put up a pre-order to get a feel for the demand and see if the interest is really there.

What if Yamato did it's first giftset including BOTH Kakizake and Max in their TV paint schemes and priced it about the same as a Super Valk?

EDIT - Hey xsjado, thanks for the kudos!

yeah, I would bite for a deal like that. At this point, I'm hard pressed to justify paying 120-150 bucks for a 1/48. It's a great design, but I just feel like it's old and tired.

In general Yamato seems to be following the general exposure of character Valkyries as established by the old IMAI and ARII kits. Max and Kakizaki's VF-1A's were just optional paint jobs for those kits. Even the Angel Birds scheme has gotten some new exposure thanks to the Hasegawa kit.