1/6 scale Hot Toys Appleseed Figures

EXO

The ones by wave. I can't say I'm too impressed though.

Many thanks for the warning. :D

I've just cancelled my order for them. I was hoping they would be more like scaled down versions of the Hot Toys 1/6 figures, looks like I may actually have to pay for the 1/6s after all... :(

wow, and all they did was add some sort of finishing gloss to them to F them up. And the hands are just so 3D cartoonish, all stagnant. Ugh...

Many thanks for the warning. :D

I've just cancelled my order for them. I was hoping they would be more like scaled down versions of the Hot Toys 1/6 figures, looks like I may actually have to pay for the 1/6s after all... :(

Too late for me though I got a payment request for HLJ and sent payment before I saw the horror that became those figs.

I mean HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?! When was Waves's stuff so crappy?

Too late for me though I got a payment request for HLJ and sent payment before I saw the horror that became those figs.

I mean HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?! When was Waves's stuff so crappy?

Those things don't even look like they hve been assembled correctly. What is the source of those pictures, are they your own?

If they arn't yours and you haven't removed the figures from their packaging you can return them to HLJ.com for a refund. You will have to cop the shipping charges tho.

Returns & Refunds: If you contact us first, we always accept requests to return saleable-condition merchandise for any reason if made within 10 days of its delivery to you. "Saleable"-condition means the item is in like-new condition with all parts and components present, that it's packed exactly as packed by the manufacturer, and there is no damage to the outer package. Opened "blister pack," "blister card" or sealed "blind box" (collection-type/gashapon/capsule toy items) merchandise which cannot be opened without cutting or tearing the package or its seal may not be returned. Please note, however, that unless the return is necessary because of a shipping error or defective merchandise, the cost of shipping the item(s) back to Japan is your responsibility. Always consult with us (by contacting trouble@hlj.com) for our instructions before returning any merchandise, regardless of the reason.

If a return becomes necessary due to a mistake in shipping, shipping damage or a defect in the product, we will compensate you for the shipping charges to return the item to Japan if you ship the item as directed by us. All claims for returns or refunds due to shipping damage or manufacturing defects must be made within 10 days of its delivery to you. We reserve the right to reject claims of manufacturing defects on mechanical items (R/C cars, battery-operated toys, etc.) in cases of obvious user abuse.

If a product description is lacking or does not answer a question you have about an item, simply ask us (products@hlj.com)! We're always happy to answer any questions you have about products prior to your placing an order. Because of this, please understand that we will not pay for a return of merchandise simply because it was not what you expected. Ask us before you order if you have any doubts about what you're buying!

Those things don't even look like they hve been assembled correctly. What is the source of those pictures, are they your own?

If they arn't yours and you haven't removed the figures from their packaging you can return them to HLJ.com for a refund. You will have to cop the shipping charges tho.

Nah they aren't mine. I got them off the HobbySearch website.

Hmm.... Just got my pair of the wave ones today.

in person they don't look too bad. I guess it could have been shoddy camera work that make it look shocking.

Hey can we get pics? I wonder if those other pics were just bad.

I saw my friend's pair on the weekend too.

I've just re-ordered. :wacko:

Their armour is shinier than the promotional pics, but it looks like that that HobbySearch photographer either used a really hot light or buffed them or something... :unsure: The detail on Deunan's face isn't quite as good as the promo pics either but again not that bad. And the HobbySearch gallery has the joints of the figures posed in a really unflattering manner, Deunan's sholders are almost falling out, they can be pushed in much closer. The weak points are the hips and they are easily and well covered my the belt packs. Deunan's sholder guards fall off easily too. Otherwise they are reall nice highly posable figures with a decent amount of accessories. Each figure comes wit a slip of paper warning not to twist the leg joints too far tho, but they are still highly flexible.

The price is still rather high for them but they're a good alternative to their man-doll Hot Toys alternatives if your like me in not preferring large toy figures. If the Beagle figures (also 1/10) come out this well I'll be really pleased. :rolleyes:

I don't have a digital camera so I couldn't talke pics sorry.

The headsculpt is as detailed as your likely to get for an anime style headsculpt. I'm not sure what other details they could have added. They could have given him a less neutral expression i suppose, The picture on the box is probably the expression they should have given him.

I wish the Deunan re-release would come out already, its already about 2 months overdue, and I'm dying to get it.

• 4 months later...

Guys

I am really confused about which figure to buy. I find the 1/6 really nice and all but WAY to big, so I am thinking about the 1/10. Can anyone pls give me some more info or show some pics of the 1/10 figures>??? So far I can only see the promo pics

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a full set of 1/20 snap fit kits by hot toys. Though the figures are great, i'm really disapointed as i thought a full set ment i can complete the Land Mate figure. Turns out i need to buy more than one of the same figure just to get all the parts for it, HOW BLOODY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

I just bought a full set of 1/20 snap fit kits by hot toys. Though the figures are great, i'm really disapointed as i thought a full set ment i can complete the Land Mate figure. Turns out i need to buy more than one of the same figure just to get all the parts for it, HOW BLOODY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you have to get a full CASE of the figures (aka, two of each figure) to get a landmate. Most sites and stores would only sell a full assortment of one of each figure. Hopefully the BBTS one I have coming in the mail includes all the necessary parts as advertised...

Yeah, you have to get a full CASE of the figures (aka, two of each figure) to get a landmate. Most sites and stores would only sell a full assortment of one of each figure. Hopefully the BBTS one I have coming in the mail includes all the necessary parts as advertised...

If i buy a full case, theres still no guarantee that i'll get the right parts, and if i buy the figures seperately its the same, so i'm really not going to spend any more money to complete the figure, at least i have the full team, but would have been nice to get the Landmate as that was the main reason why i bought the kits in the first place. :(

If i buy a full case, theres still no guarantee that i'll get the right parts, and if i buy the figures seperately its the same, so i'm really not going to spend any more money to complete the figure, at least i have the full team, but would have been nice to get the Landmate as that was the main reason why i bought the kits in the first place. :(

Actually, there is. If you buy a full sale case (designed to be sold at a store, it even comes in a store-appropriate package), you get 2x of each figure, which is enough to get you a full landmate. The only fig that doesn't include BAF parts is Briareos. Interestingly, he isn't the figure that has the most component part, yet he still has no BAF parts.

P.S. the landmate is AWESOME.

The paint apps and detailing are flawless. It's an increidible "extra". As a shirow fan, this was honestly the reason I picked this set up, and it's worth it. It's NICE.

Landmate.jpg

The figures are pretty good too. The joints are all revoltech style, and the detailing is immaculate. Seriously. Here's a comparison between the snap kits an the 1/6 version. It's honestly not that far removed. The snap kits even have flexible rubber armor.

Appleseed1.jpg

Kits

Appleseed2.jpg

1/6 Figs

Nice pictures, I'm really jealous, i wish i had known earlier about the full case having all the parts. No point in me buying a full case now, then i'll have 3 sets of figures and would have spent a fortune just to get the landmate. Just most shops i visited either sell them sperate or sell the full case, but they say its a "randomly packed box of ten" so i'm confused :wacko:

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...