Prayer/good thoughts/ best wishes

Ali Sama

There are a series of fires in orange county. This is a Prayer/good thoughts/ best wishes for everyone who is in the area.,a big should out to the brave fire fighters who are doing their level best to not only combat the fires but are saving lives. I hope that everyone is safe and well.

I not only live in the area but i have family and friends. We can smell the smoke in our back yard, it is getting thick. I hope to god everyone is okay.

God Bless,

Ali

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258229,00.html

Driving back to Tehachapi from Ventura yesterday we passed by/ran into 3 of the 11 socal wildfires, it's nuts out there man. Good luck to anyone living near one of those fire hope you got out safe, well except for one person and he knows who he is.

A friend of ours just got evacuated in Mira Mesa area. Careful out there guys and gals, be safe.

I'm at work right now...but I do remember in 2003 about the exact same time today, looking out the window at work and seeing the cedar fire crawl over a hill.

I've never a mountain side on fire before, but it's freaking crazy...like a huge @$$ wave of flame.

Damn too bad I didn't take a shot of that mountain side...it was really scary.

Wow, Tehachapi... there's a name I haven't seen in a long time. When I was there last they had just installed their first traffic signal. I hope everyone makes sure to have their toys easy to move in case they're evacuated. :) Obviously, more seriously, I wish all the best.

Over where I am, the air is all dry and hot from the fires and my eyes are really irritated. Today the sunlight was coming in as a yellow color, due to all the stuff in the air. I live some distance from Malibu and San Diego, but man if you live in this area of So Cal, you're seeing and feeling the effects of all that fire. I can smell stuff burning in the air.

Good luck to all of you that's in those areas.

Everyone around my place of work, On the Border Restaurant in Mira Mesa, has been shut down and evacuated. Naturally, the owner has ordered us to stay put and help fight any fires that may threaten his building. I'm breathing in air that's almost as bad as L.A.'s right now. It gives me comfort to know that my last words may be posted in this forum... :unsure:

Here's what was said at the time of the Minnesota Bridge Collapse:

I realize that at times like this it's normal to want to reach out to the various communities in which people are involved. I'm sure that as a community, our hearts go out to those affected and their families.

Having said that, with some trepedation, this thread is going to be locked. But I hope you, your loved ones, and those in your circle of friends are all okay.

Seems appropriate here as well.