Rebel Strike

Coota0

YES! It's totally worth it. I preordred mines at Gamestop so I'll be getting it on Wednesday, hopefully they have it by tomorrow. Can't wait!!!! I've been keeping my hype busy with videos from IGN and the demo disk. The game looks promising! :)

I'll be sure to write a review for this game. If you don't even own a GCN, you're missing out on a lot!

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

IIRC this game falls in line in the Rogue Squadron games of what I call "rail shooters with a wee bit more freedom." It looks nice but I'll avoid it.

Time to load up TIE Fighter in my old computer :ph34r:

Tie Fighter still remains one of my favorite games that I have ever played. LucasArts hasn't put out a space sim/shooter like it since. I was so disappointed by X-Wing Alliance. It might have been better if it didn't have those family missions. At least they got Jedi Knight right.

I wanted to love the first gamecube Rouge Squadron, but it was too annoying in certain missions. I'll rent Rebel Strike eventually and give it a shot, but I doubt I'll end up buying this one.

IIRC this game falls in line in the Rogue Squadron games of what I call "rail shooters with a wee bit more freedom." It looks nice but I'll avoid it.

Starfox is a rail shooter. Rogue leader you had perfect freedom over your manuvers. Still I wish we could get some good old space shooters back in the tiefighter, freespace, and wingcommander tradition. Freelancer was total trash as a space shooter......

Not to alarm anyone, but Rebel Strike was reviewed in the new issue of Game Informer... and it didn't do very well. 6.5 (out of 10) from one reviewer, and a 6.75 from the other.

A quote from the article, "The butchery that Factor 5 has inflicted upon this game has led to a disasterous release that will likely be remembered as one of the biggest dissapointements in all of gaming."

The gist of the review, from both reviewers, is that the on foot stuff is terrible, with bad controls and a useless targeting system. The flying parts are still supposed to control fluidly, but the enemy AI is supposed to be terrible, making the game way to easy (and boring) this time.

Doesn't sound good, guys. I'm gonna save my money for Castlevania instead.

IIRC this game falls in line in the Rogue Squadron games of what I call "rail shooters with a wee bit more freedom."  It looks nice but I'll avoid it.

Starfox is a rail shooter. Rogue leader you had perfect freedom over your manuvers. Still I wish we could get some good old space shooters back in the tiefighter, freespace, and wingcommander tradition. Freelancer was total trash as a space shooter......

Freelancer could have been so much more. What was up with the mouse only controls?

IIRC this game falls in line in the Rogue Squadron games of what I call "rail shooters with a wee bit more freedom."  It looks nice but I'll avoid it.

You should try Tachyon. It's pretty dated now of course, but if you can find it on clearance for close to free, it's a fun play.

You should try Tachyon. It's pretty dated now of course, but if you can find it on clearance for close to free, it's a fun play.

Got it, It wasn't what I really wanted either, I want an updated version of Privateer! Or maybe something like Privateer but with Star Wars freighters.

Not to alarm anyone, but Rebel Strike was reviewed in the new issue of Game Informer... and it didn't do very well.  6.5 (out of 10) from one reviewer, and a 6.75 from the other.

A quote from the article, "The butchery that Factor 5 has inflicted upon this game has led to a disasterous release that will likely be remembered as one of the biggest dissapointements in all of gaming."

The gist of the review, from both reviewers, is that the on foot stuff is terrible, with bad controls and a useless targeting system.  The flying parts are still supposed to control fluidly, but the enemy AI is supposed to be terrible, making the game way to easy (and boring) this time.

Doesn't sound good, guys.  I'm gonna save my money for Castlevania instead.

GI's reviews are iffy. They gave Enter The Matrix for all consoles and average 8.5 out of 10 and you know how buggy and non sensicle at times the game can be.

For better game reviews I look to good old' EGM, who knows they could go either way good, bad, gold, or platinum game of the month. For years they helped me with my gaming purchases and been satisfied.

As for Rebel Strike, I don't own a GC yet but when the time comes for a purchase RS will be one of the games on my list to get as well. Plus I'm a Star Wars whore :lol:

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

I don't have it, but I've been talking to someone that does.

He had it crash on him twice. Bad sign.

But that's been his only technical gripe. Other than that it's been nothing but glowing praise.

On the other hand, he's never watched the movies(which the game assumes you've done), so he has no idea what's going on most of the time.

Rogue Leader was not completely free. To my displeasure in trying the game at a local store I found that there's a boundary that bounces me back. In the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games you didn't have that and I promptly put down the controller. I don't like flying in little bubbles.

Despite the graphics TIE Fighter's the best SW fighter game, IMO. After all, you get to grind the Rebel scum underneath the heel of the Imperial war machine. Outstanding campaign and a chance to fly alongside Darth Vader. How cool is that?

Well, do you want to keep flying straight on into forever? Anyways, what makes you go that far out? And there isn't really a cieling, you don't get bounced back if you fly way above a surface. :rolleyes: Warhammer, you're as sensitive about some silly thing as a girl is about her weight! :lol:

Edited by Macross_Fanboy