Yamato SV-51γ Nora type

UN Spacy

Cool :D Yeah i'd figured it'd be around that much to buy double, all in jest that's just crazy. lol

Yes, you need to buy lots of 21's.

Love the Nora and DD paired up there! If an when i get my DD, i'd display him in Battroid, or vice versa with Nora.

If and when I get my second Nora I gotta go with Gerwalk, I can't decide what I like more, fighter or Gerwalk, they are so sexy!

My 2nd Ivanof

DSCN2044.JPG

A question to those of you who already have both versions of the SV-51...what is the color difference in missiles and armaments for the two. The Nora's look like an off-white, whereas Ivanov's is a light grey. Can anyone post a pic with side-by-side comparisons please?

The sidewinders are the same color, the "Missle pods" are lighter on the Nora. You can see them pretty good in that pic I posted earlier.

Sorry, gotta correct that:

The Sv-51 includes the AA-9 "Amos" missile. Sidewinders are much smaller, and American.

At least the toy's supposed to, I think that's what's in the animation and listed in the official specs. But the toy's don't look like AA-9's at all. ::looks:: Well, the specs say it's supposed to be an R-33D Amos+. But that doesn't really exist. (Also, the basic Amos is the R-33E, so a D should actually be older). Still, it's different-looking enough that even a "Amos+" wouldn't look like that IMHO.

::edit:: Well, anyways, they're not Sidewinders. Don't know what they are. Look more like a Matra Super 530 than anything. But that's an old French missile.

wtf... the stand arm for the SV-51 is white??? Doesn't that stick out like a sore thumb...

i know i'll be wanting black paint for that. Yes i do like the gerwalk as much as the fighter for the SV-51's.

I was thinking in the car whilst driving today about how i will pose Nora fighting Shin this christmas.

Can't wait. :)

wtf... the stand arm for the SV-51 is white??? Doesn't that stick out like a sore thumb...

i know i'll be wanting black paint for that. Yes i do like the gerwalk as much as the fighter for the SV-51's.

I was thinking in the car whilst driving today about how i will pose Nora fighting Shin this christmas.

Can't wait. :)

It came black, but when I displayed it that way the legs of the gerwalk got "lost" a little bit. Especialy considering my background is stark white. I painted the stands up that way so there would be contrast between the legs and the stand, In person they look great. The stand dis-appears and the legs really stick out.

I will be building a new shelving system out of sheet aluminum and trusses, etc this winter. Whe I do I will be painting the stands some sort of silver to make them dispear into the background there too.

It came black, but when I displayed it that way the legs of the gerwalk got "lost" a little bit. Especialy considering my background is stark white. I painted the stands up that way so there would be contrast between the legs and the stand, In person they look great. The stand dis-appears and the legs really stick out.

I will be building a new shelving system out of sheet aluminum and trusses, etc this winter. Whe I do I will be painting the stands some sort of silver to make them dispear into the background there too.

well it didn't take very long for sqidd to turn into a full blown addict. :lol:

Ahhhhhhhh cool man, good job! Where as with my display black would be the best way to hide. :lol:

I won't be posing all my 21's with that stand, some will be using the Flexi-Stands. :D

I just ordered another 3 stands (one of each size) so now i got 6 all up! LOve the stands.

Why isn't HLJ processing my order damnit?! I need a fix! :angry:

I double that complaint. They are behind on my last 4 or 5 orders. They sent order confrimations but no payment requests and the items are getting low stock and sold out status!!! I am quite pissed actually. I want my Nora and I want my Busou Shinki Arch (Ach, Arc, whatever, they keep changing the name) and all the other stuff! I sent them two emails already and no reply! Sure they moved to a huge new headquarters that looks like a spaceship but this is insane!

I double that complaint. They are behind on my last 4 or 5 orders. They sent order confrimations but no payment requests and the items are getting low stock and sold out status!!! I am quite pissed actually. I want my Nora and I want my Busou Shinki Arch (Ach, Arc, whatever, they keep changing the name) and all the other stuff! I sent them two emails already and no reply! Sure they moved to a huge new headquarters that looks like a spaceship but this is insane!

I also wrote them last week, still no reply. If I'm forced to pay EMS shipping I want EMS and the item delivered to my door faster than regular EbayerIinflateshipping can.

I've finally decided to cancel and buy it from Ebay. It's even cheaper than with the early bird discount and even if shipping isn't EMS, I'll have it in 7-12 days. If HLJ starts handing out payment request tomorrow + days of process time and whatever it'll also be 9+ days before you see anything. Waiting almost the same at least I'm saving 20 bucks B)) (wish I had done it earlier).

I know they had to move, but I'm not getting anything out of it and even have to wait more.

I'll use HLJ just for stuff that can be shipped by SAL from now on.

Edited by Twoducks

I'm pissed, a tad, but i have a load of smaller figures an stuff to be included with the SV-51 for delivery,

so i can still afford to be patient, It'll be here in time for Christmas! .... one would hope.

Yeah that'd piss me off, not here for Christmas... I think i'll shoot them an e-mail just to state my case too....

I have a $10,000 motor to pay for that is going in my Mustang. B))

PM me about what you're going with -- I hope for this amount, this is more than just a regular mod motor rebuild.

After seeing all the SV-51 pictures, I'm going to have to pop for one, sooner or later. :lol:

Those motherjumpers! I am still pissed!!!! I WANT NORA GODDANMIT!!!! I was thinking about doing the ebay thing too but now I think that I have dug myslef too deep with HLJ. Sucky situation. If they do not email me back or send me a payment request by Wednesday I think I may have to do something slightly evil (Just kidding)?

NOW I AM REALLY PISSED!!!!!!

Ok, so a half hour after giving up on HLJ and buying my Nora from an ebay seller, I finally get my payment request from HLJ with Nora, Ach, Kiki, Blackout, and Hikaru. And they never replied to my emails. Now I do not know if I will be able to get the others on this order but cancel nora. I am so close to completely giving up on HLJ.

/Rant>

NOW I AM REALLY PISSED!!!!!!

Ok, so a half hour after giving up on HLJ and buying my Nora from an ebay seller, I finally get my payment request from HLJ with Nora, Ach, Kiki, Blackout, and Hikaru. And they never replied to my emails. Now I do not know if I will be able to get the others on this order but cancel nora. I am so close to completely giving up on HLJ.

/Rant>

there are shops that go the extra mile and really care about customer service, then there's HLJ. They wouldn't combine two seperate orders that shipped on the SAME day for me, despite me emailing them about it, WEEKS in advance.

Yes, I am feeling very happy and excited about getting Nora before chirstmas but still pissed off at HLJ. Anyway, I am very fortunate to have the luxury of this type of troubles. At least I am not worried about not having food to eat or worried about being bombed on my way home.

there are shops that go the extra mile and really care about customer service, then there's HLJ. They wouldn't combine two seperate orders that shipped on the SAME day for me, despite me emailing them about it, WEEKS in advance.

Did they ever even reply to your emails? I am curious because I have emailed them 4 times in the last week and not heard anything back.

Yes, I am feeling very happy and excited about getting Nora before chirstmas but still pissed off at HLJ. Anyway, I am very fortunate to have the luxury of this type of troubles. At least I am not worried about not having food to eat or worried about being bombed on my way home.

unlike you, I don't use the misery of others to feel better about myself. :p

Did they ever even reply to your emails? I am curious because I have emailed them 4 times in the last week and not heard anything back.

yeah, eventually they got back to me. But you have to spell EVERYTHING out for them. They're completely unwilling to look up your account, or orders, or part numbers or do anything that might cause them extra work.

unlike you, I don't use the misery of others to feel better about myself. :p

ha ha ha :wacko:

<unnecessaryRebuttal

I am not trying to use the misery of anyone to feel better about myself. I am saying that if this is my stress for this morning then I am very lucky. While others have real suffering I am a complete douche bag to complain about not getting my $200 toy in the time that I want it. And no, I am not now trying to use the misery of others to make myself feel worse. I am just trying to point out some perspective. And, no I am not going to sell my nora to and give that money to hungry kids, but I may give some other money for that purpose. Anyway, I think that you were taking the piss and there is no point in rebutting, but my ego. My damned ego! I have to defend this useless traitor!

/unnecessaryRebuttal>

ha ha ha :wacko:

<unnecessaryRebuttal

I am not trying to use the misery of anyone to feel better about myself. I am saying that if this is my stress for this morning then I am very lucky. While others have real suffering I am a complete douche bag to complain about not getting my $200 toy in the time that I want it. And no, I am not now trying to use the misery of others to make myself feel worse. I am just trying to point out some perspective. And, no I am not going to sell my nora to and give that money to hungry kids, but I may give some other money for that purpose. Anyway, I think that you were taking the piss and there is no point in rebutting, but my ego. My damned ego! I have to defend this useless traitor!

/unnecessaryRebuttal>

<necessary backtrack>

sorry, wasn't trying to be an ass, just a smartass :p

</necessary backtrack>

yeah, eventually they got back to me. But you have to spell EVERYTHING out for them. They're completely unwilling to look up your account, or orders, or part numbers or do anything that might cause them extra work.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I did not take their hand enough. I will try this another way taking your advice. much appreciated, thank you.

there are shops in the US that go the extra mile and really care about customer service, then there's HLJ and every other overseas vendor that never heard of customer service.

i fixed it for you. ;)

US definition of CS = timely and professional service, usually willing to go the extra mile to make their customer happy.

overseas definition of CS = untimely, amateur service, rarely willing to do anything to make their customer happy.

i know we americans demand a lot of CS but overseas vendors provide very little if at all. i used buy exclusively from overseas vendors but my past and recent experiences tell me i should take my business to the US market. maybe its just me(and sorry if it sounds racist/stereotypical) but i noticed a lot of chinese as well as japanese people just don't care if they gain your business or not.

i fixed it for you. ;)

US definition of CS = timely and professional service, usually willing to go the extra mile to make their customer happy.

overseas definition of CS = untimely, amateur service, rarely willing to do anything to make their customer happy.

i know we americans demand a lot of CS but overseas vendors provide very little if at all. i used buy exclusively from overseas vendors but my past and recent experiences tell me i should take my business to the US market. maybe its just me(and sorry if it sounds racist/stereotypical) but i noticed a lot of chinese as well as japanese people just don't care if they gain your business or not.

hahaha, thanks for the edit. Though, I can think of some US shops that don't care either. I have only anecdotal evidence to go by, but a lot of times I shop in asia (china, korea and japan), the storekeepers make me feel like they're doing me a favor or that I'm interrupting their day. This isn't the case so much with older store-owners (folks in their 40-60s) but with the younger kids... man, they'd rather be somewhere else and they want you to know it.

Edited by eugimon

this is strange. ive dealt with HLJ many, many times and have never had a problem at all. Most, if not all the toy sellers ive dealt with in Japan and Hong Kong are very polite and happy to help and and answer my questions. Ive had the displeasure of dealing with a couple a-holes in asia on ebay, but thats a different story.

Eugimon is correct in saying that there are plenty of a-hole US sellers as well. Ive been screwed over more times by US sellers than overseas sellers.

Yeah, I mean how can you really group a whole continent into a generalization? Well, sure we do it all the time but even if the generalization is drawn from experience there are always exceptions. Hmmm, where am I going with this? Not sure.

Yeah, I mean how can you really group a whole continent into a generalization? Well, sure we do it all the time but even if the generalization is drawn from experience there are always exceptions. Hmmm, where am I going with this? Not sure.

i said "a lot", not the whole continent nor a whole group, plus "a lot" has no real numeric value.

where am i going with this? not sure. :D:p

i've had plenty of good transactions with overseas vendors and i've had plenty of good transactions with US vendors. but like eugimon pointed out, US vendors don't act like they're doing you a favor when you're shopping with them, while a lot/few/many/couple/handful of overseas vendors do. sometimes a US seller might get the best of you but a US Seller is different from a US vendor.

i.e. the seller "iwillshaftyou" on ebay might give you some trouble, but the vendor "ihavearealstorefool" on ebay will probably treat you right. :D

Everybody generalizes. Don't you just hate that?

B))