Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

Kyle Reese did mention that John gave them hope just as t hey were about to be exterminated and the human race gone for good. And here there's suppose to be a big operation I think that'll take place and suddenly wham! The original resistance goes bellyup and John creates a new one.

Got one of the T-RIP figures today. I saw just about everything except the T-700 unless you want the 3 inch model. I opted for the 6 incher.

It's an okay figure...probably better than the old T-2 mold could be but one thing does irk me off.

It's got all of this articulation, rotating ankles, bending knees and hips, waist bends, lower arm rotates along with the shoulders...but the neck doesn't move at all. I'm so bummed by that....also the light pipping on it is a joke. I held it up to some bright light but it didn't do to well.

I saw the larger 19.99 figures, but they only had Marcus and the T-600 figures and honestly, both look pretty bad upclose. But if I see a T-700 I'm getting it so I can have the eyes light up with a press of a button.

There were also the Aireal HK's and those did look pretty neat...but OT, I also saw the Star Trek figures and t hat Enterprise looked cool 0_o very freaking white.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I read that Christian Bale did not authorize his likeness to be used for the toys, so all the John Connor figures have the face obscured in some way. That's why he's looking like a bank robber in the 3 3/4" figure line. :lol:

post-690-1239828481_thumb.jpgpost-690-1239828489_thumb.jpg

Do we money know of money any money reasons money why they money could not use money his likeness? I hear its usually down to money.

Taksmoneyraven

Bale's outbreak didn't change anything in the way I saw him at all. People have ragefits, it happens.

Exactly. Most people have dummyspits at some stage, even publicly.

Casey Kasems classic dummyspit.....

But there is only one way in which you should listen to this Kasem classic.........U2 by Negativland.

I love this song.

Taksraven

(Note, if hearing the F-word will make your brain explode, don't listen to this)

Edited by taksraven

True, the saving grace of the film was the ending and that was the war happens...you could push it back, you could try to hold out, but it's coming for you, like Death.

I dunno if T2 had a happy ending really. The message was that you don't know what could happen, the future isn't set and anything could happen.

But in the end, it still happened, which totally went against everything.

True, the saving grace of the film was the ending and that was the war happens...you could push it back, you could try to hold out, but it's coming for you, like Death.

I dunno if T2 had a happy ending really. The message was that you don't know what could happen, the future isn't set and anything could happen.

But in the end, it still happened, which totally went against everything.

They simply postponed Judgement Day by destroying the files at Cyberdyne and (inadvertently) killing Dyson.

Does anyone have experience with the Hot-Toys or NECA T-800 endoskeletons? Or if Hot-Toys plans to re-release their T-800 after the movie? I'd buy the T-700 but that just isn't the same and it looks like he doesn't have his phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. :(

That is damn cool. But, why didn't you also mention this.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=83091 ;)

1/1 BABY! :D

/visa commercial

Terminator trilogy/marathon on dvd: $40

Terminator Salvation on opening night, popcorn, a coke and some Dibs: $30

1/1 scale T-800 Endoskeleton purchased without telling anyone about it: $6,000

Sneaking it into your roomate's bedroom while he's asleep later that night, blaring gunfire and screams and youtubing it later that night: Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy.

Edited by Chewie

Probably sponsored by them too. Ever notice the "Subtle" way The Asylum does their movie titles? Alien Versus Hunter, The Day the Earth Stopped Moving, The Terminators...they always just wanna get a piece of the action of some big title flick.

They simply postponed Judgement Day by destroying the files at Cyberdyne and (inadvertently) killing Dyson.

Does anyone have experience with the Hot-Toys or NECA T-800 endoskeletons? Or if Hot-Toys plans to re-release their T-800 after the movie? I'd buy the T-700 but that just isn't the same and it looks like he doesn't have his phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. :(

I have the 7" and the 18" NECA T-800s on order and on it's way. :D I should have it in a few days, and I'll let you know. From what I've been able to dig up online they are pretty good, and the price is reasaonable. I was able to get the 7" one for $14.39 and the 18" for $44.99. The 18" seems to have many moving pistons. Even the 7" is supposed to have some as well. They are part of the NECA Cult Classics line.

Good review on the 7" NECA comparing it to the McFarlane one.

http://www.oafe.net/monkey/cult3_endo.php

18" NECA

http://www.necaonline.com/product/detail/39835

Youtube video of NECA 18"

Here's the McFalarne one from Spawn.com:

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2063

Toys R Us will be selling NECA T-800 as Arnold as seen in T2

"Listen to me very carefully"

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3549570

"Get down!"

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3549568

The strange thing is that from the description on the 2 TRU listings they are saying that the endoskeleton is part of the wave, but it's not listed for pre-order. It appears from various online stores that the NECA endoskeleton was released around Sept. 2006. I'm wondering if they will go ahead and release it again along with the Arnold ones since the movie is coming out.

Honestly, I should have used the money I spent on some of these Salvation toys on these NECA ones. Seeing the Salvation ones made me wonder if there were any better ones out there. Sure enough, a little web search showed me the light. :p

What's an upcoming blockbuster without a low-budget mockbuster from The Asylum to go with it?

terminators_large.jpg

The Terminators - Coming April 28 to a video store near you.

oh eem gee...are the effin serious...hahahahahahahahaha!!1!! Asylum must employ the most un-original writers in the biz. Every movie of theres is an attempt at a quick grab at the hype train the hollywood blockbusters create.

Alien versus hunter,the day the earth stopped,Death-racers,...18 year old virgin..wtf title is that??

makes my eyes bleed :rolleyes:

OK, I was able to, finally, take some pics and post them. This is the appox. 6" T-800 made by NECA. IMO, it's way better than the new Terminator Salvation toys. The closest thing to this in the new toy line is the 6" T-R.I.P.

It is a pretty good figure for the price. I got it for $14 and change.

The articulation is excellent, and it can pretty much hold any pose you wish. It has various pistons that can move in and out. The hip joints are ball jointed, and the 2 thigh pistons on each leg move in and out and move along with the leg in whatever position you put it in. The 2 waist pistons move, the 2 bicep piston move as well as the 2 neck pistons. There is articulation in the toes as can be seen in the pics. The jaw can be opened and closed as well. You can see in the various pics how the pistons are hinged in order to move with the figure. The figure is made of a soft plastic material although it is quite rigid. You may notice in some pics that the pistons are bent. Once you get it in the pose you like, you can straighten out any bent pistons. It's just that as you flex a joint you might have to be mindful that the pistons may decide to bend rather than slide in or out.

I like that the fingers, while not articulated, are separated. It comes with an extra hand molded in a gun grip. Notice in the pics that the individual trigger finger can be placed properly. The gun does fit rather loosely in the hand, but you can get it to aim straight without too much fuss. The fact that the finger can go into the trigger hole helps keep it from tipping forward or back.

I love the detail in the base as well. It was a nice touch to include it.

post-690-1240801006_thumb.jpg post-690-1240801033_thumb.jpg

post-690-1240801043_thumb.jpg post-690-1240801057_thumb.jpg

post-690-1240801066_thumb.jpg post-690-1240801075_thumb.jpg

post-690-1240801087_thumb.jpg

I also have the 18" version that I will post another time. I should probably update this with side by side pics to show how much better this one is over the Playmates toys It will have to wait till later since my NECA is guarding my computer at work. :p

What's an upcoming blockbuster without a low-budget mockbuster from The Asylum to go with it?

terminators_large.jpg

The Terminators - Coming April 28 to a video store near you.

Its funnier when mainstream Hollywood does it to itself.

eg.. Deep Impact Vs. Armageddon

Volcano Vs. Dante's Peak

Taksraven

Its funnier when mainstream Hollywood does it to itself.

eg.. Deep Impact Vs. Armageddon

Volcano Vs. Dante's Peak

Taksraven

The funny thing with Deep Impact & Armageddon was that they were both released in the same season of the same year :lol:

The best rendition of the T-800 is the mcfarlane one IMHO.

The NECA's face is kinda goofy.

Yeah, the McFarlane one is a nicer sculpt by far. I'm not sure what it originally retailed for, but I was only able to find one for $79.95 on Amazon and another for $48.95. That's just way to much for a figure that small. The only draw back IMO on the McFarlane one is that the gun is too small.

I just picked up the T:Salvation book...hopefully read it a little later since I passed on Transformers 2....paying 8 bucks for a book is just so much...I miss the days when they were like 3-5 dollars : /

Read the prolouge and first chapter, good stuff, it starts with a bang litterally. A small marine group doing a drug bust exercise with another group of mexican squad. Then the bombs fall, first Sand Deigo, then lesser cities with no military bases going skyhigh, and they decide to take their leave and figure out what's going on.

First chapter is John coming back from a mission to a makeshift bunker him and his small army are hiding out in. He talks with Kate for a short time before he hears something strange. He checks it out his guard and finds one of his men dead, shot by a sniper round of some sort.

John and Barnes see 8 T-600's starting to make their way towards their base, they'd been found, T-1's would probably show up shortly. Barnes holds off some of the T-600's as John wakes up the rest of his team to escape.

That was pretty much the first chapter, nearly 30 pages. Not too bad at all.

Edited by Hikuro

Yeah, the McFarlane one is a nicer sculpt by far. I'm not sure what it originally retailed for, but I was only able to find one for $79.95 on Amazon and another for $48.95. That's just way to much for a figure that small. The only draw back IMO on the McFarlane one is that the gun is too small.

Yeah the small gun's a pity. Its strange that McF did not produce a 12" of this sculpt since they made Robocop, and Predator etc after all.

Original retail price was a whopping $9.99 IIRC. :lol: That's the standard price for McF stuff are anyway.

how about the T800 made by aoshima ?

looks like they're making re-issues!

t800

-6 inch/ 1/12 scale

-metal wire/spring things for the neck & shoulder cables

-metal inner piston shafts

-proportional plasma rifle.

-opening jaw

-ball jointed neck

highly recommended ^_^

Interesting articulation.....not liking the plasticky grey colour though. How's the size?

And funny how in all the pose photos its holding the magazine of the gun.

how about the T800 made by aoshima ?

looks like they're making re-issues!

t800

-6 inch/ 1/12 scale

-metal wire/spring things for the neck & shoulder cables

-metal inner piston shafts

-proportional plasma rifle.

-opening jaw

-ball jointed neck

highly recommended ^_^

Looks cool. But, is it a pre-built model or do you have to put it together and paint?

it's pre-built & pre-painted. it also comes with a spare hand for holding the plasma rifle.

from what i can tell from the packaging, it's mostly PVC w/ some kind of hard plastic for key areas.

it doesn't say if the hard stuff is nylon, ABS or POM.

but it's in pieces in the packaging, so you gotta pop the head & limbs on.

kinda like the bonus assemble-a-figure in those 6" DC & Marvel hero sets.

the hard plastic joints are great, they don't seem to loosen over time & abuse.

Something is bugging me though. The website has 2 listings for the 1/12 one of which has "Type 2" in the title while the other does not. The only difference I can see is that the Type 2 has the plasma rifle while the other does not. There is also another Aoshima listed as 1/9 scale which is around the same price as the 1/12, and it looks much shinier as well. I guess what bothers me is that the 1/9 seems to be an awesome deal compared to the 1/12 versions. Something doesn't add up.

1/12 endo

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088747

1/12 endo Type 2

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088748

1/9 endo

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088522

the price tags are probably a matter of pre-built vs build it yourself.

the 1/9 scale endo is the model kit, the 1/12 endos are definitely the action figures.

the difference between the endos before was the color of the endo & what gun it had.

there was a "small arms" endo that came with an assault rifle, revolver, & uzi, & the endo was blue-ish, kinda like robocop

then the "chrome" one that has the plasma rifle.

they also used to make a T-X & 2 versions of the Governator T850,regular & battle damaged.

i guess this time around, it's plasma rifle or no plasma rifle.

EDIT:

BINGO !! PICS !!

post-2535-1240940966_thumb.jpgpost-2535-1240940923_thumb.jpgpost-2535-1240940947_thumb.jpg

and... i never knew they packaged one w/ the plasma rifle & assault rifle

post-2535-1240940901_thumb.jpg

Edited by UN_MARINE

OK, I was able to, finally, take some pics and post them. This is the appox. 6" T-800 made by NECA. IMO, it's way better than the new Terminator Salvation toys. The closest thing to this in the new toy line is the 6" T-R.I.P.

It is a pretty good figure for the price. I got it for $14 and change.

The articulation is excellent, and it can pretty much hold any pose you wish. It has various pistons that can move in and out. The hip joints are ball jointed, and the 2 thigh pistons on each leg move in and out and move along with the leg in whatever position you put it in. The 2 waist pistons move, the 2 bicep piston move as well as the 2 neck pistons. There is articulation in the toes as can be seen in the pics. The jaw can be opened and closed as well. You can see in the various pics how the pistons are hinged in order to move with the figure. The figure is made of a soft plastic material although it is quite rigid. You may notice in some pics that the pistons are bent. Once you get it in the pose you like, you can straighten out any bent pistons. It's just that as you flex a joint you might have to be mindful that the pistons may decide to bend rather than slide in or out.

I like that the fingers, while not articulated, are separated. It comes with an extra hand molded in a gun grip. Notice in the pics that the individual trigger finger can be placed properly. The gun does fit rather loosely in the hand, but you can get it to aim straight without too much fuss. The fact that the finger can go into the trigger hole helps keep it from tipping forward or back.

I love the detail in the base as well. It was a nice touch to include it.

post-690-1240801006_thumb.jpg post-690-1240801033_thumb.jpg

post-690-1240801043_thumb.jpg post-690-1240801057_thumb.jpg

post-690-1240801066_thumb.jpg post-690-1240801075_thumb.jpg

post-690-1240801087_thumb.jpg

I also have the 18" version that I will post another time. I should probably update this with side by side pics to show how much better this one is over the Playmates toys It will have to wait till later since my NECA is guarding my computer at work. :p

Wow, thanks. I'd pretty much given up hope. I have the Terminator: Salvation T:R-I-P and I just wish it had a real plasma rifle and not some dorky pistol and a pipe. I have the new NECA waves on pre-order over at bbts, so hopefully they do indeed include the endoskeleton. I even read somewhere that NECA has said that the head sculpt on the endoskeleton will be re-tooled. One can hope. :(

Edited by meh_cd