Who's anticipating Southern Cross?

Keith

Okay. Does anyone know what the average price for Mospeada was at stores? Seeing as Southern Cross was the least popular part of Robotech you woudl think the price would be lower. Maybe they keeping the price high so they have another excuse to ignore SC/RM part of Robotech by saying the original didn't sell well.

I saw it on the shelves of Bestbuy, big collection, but damn 80 bucks is WAY to much for that series, remastered or not : / think I'll just stick with my Robotech box set, I mean wow....way to much.

No, it's quite fair. 5 dics's, 5 episodes per on 3, 4 episodes per on 2, which means you're only paying $16 per. Quite a fair price. Hell, it's one of ADV's best priced sets!

And yes, the video errors are true.

Okay. Does anyone know what the average price for Mospeada was at stores? Seeing as Southern Cross was the least popular part of Robotech you woudl think the price would be lower. Maybe they keeping the price high so they have another excuse to ignore SC/RM part of Robotech by saying the original didn't sell well.

When I got my Mospeada set from Best Buy back in June, it was for $60.

Or the fact they can only go so low otherwise they won't break even. $16 per disc equals Robotech DVD single price, and that wasn't even remastered.

Cyc

Or the fact they can only go so low otherwise they won't break even. $16 per disc equals Robotech DVD single price, and that wasn't even remastered.

Cyc

Correct, and when you account for online discounts, it's even better. I got it for $69.99, which made it $14 a disc.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it true about the video problems on one of the eps on disc 4?

YES there is a video problem on disc 4:

Episode 19, "Crisis" on disc #4.

Chapter 3 (title 5) from around 17:40 to around 23:00 (the chapter's end) and on chapter 5 (the preview)

Heavy interlacing, visible scan lines, jerky/jittery animation. A fair number of people (myself included) have this problem. It is a glitchy disc.

Contact ADV and they will send you a generic form. Fill the form out and ship it along with the ENTIRE package (so yes that includes the multi-disc case and booklet). You pay for shipping to ADV and they will ship a new one at their expense. This info is straight from an ADV rep.

I have not sent mine back b/c i am waiting for an official response on this issue (i.e. have they gone back and remastered it? was it just a small batch which has this error? etc). When I asked ADV if the new discs will be corrected they didn't really answer me. I would hate to send this back and get another bad disc.

You guys should really check out deepdiscountdvd.com they've got free shipping and the best prices around.

No kidding, those are some really good prices.....

No kidding... I wonder if any of them are bootlegs... some of the $12 dollar discs I wonder about....

• 4 months later...
I bought mine on ebay.  ;)

cool. check to see if you have the bug on disk 4. if so email adv to get free repalcement disk. for more info on the rpealcemnt procedure and what to look for go here

This bug is why I haven't rushed out to go get one. It would be such a pain to get a replacement.

I bought mine on ebay.  ;)

cool. check to see if you have the bug on disk 4. if so email adv to get free repalcement disk. for more info on the rpealcemnt procedure and what to look for go here

This bug is why I haven't rushed out to go get one. It would be such a pain to get a replacement.

huh? just email them with your adress and they will maiil you a replacement. how is it a pain?

Edited by Ali Sama

Hopefully I can get it this summer. I've been wanting to see the rest of the series since I got the Robotech Perfect Collection tapes several years ago. Right now, I'm pretty much broke. Besides that, it's pretty expensive compared to a lot of other shows I've been getting instead, like Firefly.

• 2 years later...

Scored a used set of this last night. Wow what a different show. Much much better than its RT incarnation. It has alot more humor and the charicters just seem more natural. I always kinda liked it when I was a kid(RT version) but now I think I love this show!

Scored a used set of this last night. Wow what a different show. Much much better than its RT incarnation. It has alot more humor and the charicters just seem more natural. I always kinda liked it when I was a kid(RT version) but now I think I love this show!

416154[/snapback]

I enjoyed it when I went through it a few years ago and will probably try to watch it again soon. It sucked that the ending was rushed since there was clearly a lot of content that still needed to play out.

I currently am watching it too. But the way they planned mechs in the Robotech version is plain stupid..

They didnt even bother making Alphas in this one.

But on the other end its pretty good to watch, Mecha in the series itself alone without Robotech is very neat.

Next a few more things to say about it..

****Spoiler Alert****

(Don't Continue if you don't want me to spoil the story for you.)

Remember when the Tokugawa came out of hyperspace?

I was excited since I finished reading TSC comics. But disappointed.

It did not even have the right logo placed on it...

They didn't place Alphas at all, it makes no sense what so ever to the Sentinels. The mecha in their place made the story a bit stupid in my opinion. They used the whole series without doing nothing to but dubbing and some editing, its even lousy how HG didnt even bother making their own animations to give it some sense.

HG was in rush to do this, and did not even bother making some of their own animations. I mean come on...

They should have taken their time, 20 years is more than enough.

Um, Dean, I think you may do better with your complaints over at Robotech.com. Also, I think you have a fundamentally flawed idea of how Robotech was created and the restrictions that were in place during its creation. While it's okay to hate Robotech, and often encouraged, it's best to have the whole picture before you criticize its production. Story-wise, you're right, it's not very cohesive especially in its use of mecha... but there is a large story as to why this is the case.

Dear Dean.

This discussion is about the orignal Japanese Super Dimentional Calvary Southern Cross. It was heavily edited into Robotech as the middle chapter. We are not talking about it in relation to Robotech at all.

Now on with the show.

Holy crap I have to chuckle. Jeannie has a shower and/or bath scene in every episode lol.

Holy crap I have to chuckle. Jeannie has a shower and/or bath scene in every episode lol.

417129[/snapback]

Pretty much. They even worked the word "shower" into the opening theme! No foolin'! :lol:

Spoilers: I did NOT like the ending though, IMHO. It seemed to me to be extremely forced and just a way to dispense with the series altogether. It explained very little of what was a very complex and potentially very fascinating plot point -- the triple nature of the Zor and just how the flowers on Gloire fed into their triumvirate symbiosis.

Here endeth the spoilers.

Other than that, it's a fairly satisfying show. and surely, a bathing Jeanne is easy on the eyes :why is there no Ryo "mokkori" smiley?: :lol: