Star Wars: Force Unleased

finished both ps2 version and ps3 version, sith ending for ps2 and jedi for ps3, and both games are very different levels whle maintaining same objectives, both are totally awesome and fun, and i felt that the ps2 version was easier in a few things, combat and no jumping requirements.

PS3 had some interesting glitches though, got stuck inside a junk pile on the junk planet!

playing through a 2nd time on ps3, i enjoyed it that much personally.

bring on TFU part 2! lol

( never get sick of grabbing tie fighters out of the sky and tossing em around!)

See, when do u get to choose endings? I seem to be just playing along being a Jedi, so unless the choice is right at the end or a very subtle one, I must have missed it...

I heard its at the very end; you either choose to fight the emperor and stop him from killing Kota, or you leave him be and go fight Vader for a second round

I heard its at the very end; you either choose to fight the emperor and stop him from killing Kota, or you leave him be and go fight Vader for a second round

Specifically, there's a cutscene after you fight Vader in the hall. At the end of the cutscene, you'll be standing on a bridge. Run to the end of the bridge to fight the Emperor for the Jedi ending, or jump off the bridge to fight Vader again for the Sith ending.

If there's more endings than that, I don't know what they are or how to get them. I don't really care, either. I'm probably going to sell the game this weekend.

finished both ps2 version and ps3 version, sith ending for ps2 and jedi for ps3, and both games are very different levels whle maintaining same objectives, both are totally awesome and fun, and i felt that the ps2 version was easier in a few things, combat and no jumping requirements.

PS3 had some interesting glitches though, got stuck inside a junk pile on the junk planet!

playing through a 2nd time on ps3, i enjoyed it that much personally.

bring on TFU part 2! lol

( never get sick of grabbing tie fighters out of the sky and tossing em around!)

In your opinion does the PS2 version feel like it lacks something from the PS3 version? I'm worried about the graphics and content.

hmm... lacks? Well, its a different experience, and purely on a graphical level its more immersive and interactive. Both were great fun to play through, but it was an easier experience on the ps2 for sure IMO. Force powers were good in both versions, but level designs on ps2 made for some more annoying camera angles in close battles.

Given an option i would prefer ps3 version naturally, but ps2 def worth a go if thats all you may have access to!

Got the psp version and I'm in love with it :D The best part would be in the Force Unleashed section: The Historical Scenarios. I play that and the Force Duels more than the main storyline (which I've yet to finish on the psp). Need to rely on those force combos more and more as the game progresses though, even normal stormtroopers will be immune to force push later on.

Oh and the Vader intro raid was night in the psp, but in daylight on the ds.

Edited by carzooyah

PS3 had the raid in daytime....at least when i played it.

Thoroguhly enjoyed the game, beat it last night. I went for the lightside ending. Took me awhile to beat the emperor, but once i learnt to hide like a little girl when he threw things I did fine :)

Still need to find a stack of holocrons though.

The dark side ending is weak on all platforms I think, seeing as how the storyline's more or less the same >.> I've finished both endings on the DS and PSP. I only play Force Unleashed on the PSP now to unlock characters and historical missions and stuff.

Edited by carzooyah

Ok, now that I have a PS3 and TFU, I see the issue with the camera. Reminds me a bit of the Dynasty Warriors games. I need to check my settings tomorrow, but I think reversing the camera controls and turning the sensitivity down a bit may help (atleast, for me).

Wow, this game is just a blast to play. Once you get used to controlling the camera its such a non-issue. The only complaints that I have is that its short on story and the cutscenes should have been rendered in game, instead of using pre-existing video. I think it needed more Jedi Knight style story/plot/cutscene sequences. Thankfully, it sounds like they plan to add to this with the DLC (well, more story, atleast).

Doing my 3rd go around. Mostly, I'm messing around with cheat codes and the different skins and what not. Secondly, I'm trying to find all the holocrons. Original pass through, I was getting about 1/2 or so. 2nd pass through (with the Sith ending), I am getting about 10-12 out of the 13-15 there are, so only leaving 2-3... but thinking might have to check a cheat guide or something since i thought I damned well scoured the level. Ah well, might keep working at it, but surprisingly more replay than I thought there would be. Half the fun is just playing in the Sith Stalker armor, which looks bad ass (one of my favorite recent Star Wars figures, too). Much better than the Sith Robes I had been using previously.

I'm partial to the Sith Robes. I did two run-throughs on normal (forget the rank name) to unlock everything (yeah, guess I could have just replayed the last stage twice), and am currently working on a Sith Master run (however, MGS4 kinda stole me away a few levels in).

I was a little disappointed to find that the only increase of "difficulty" in Sith Master is that your enemies have more health and do more damage. They aren't any more sophisticated, its lazy difficulty (fairly common in most games, I suppose).

Edited by Duke Togo

Hell yeah. Not only much more powerful than the first time through, but generally more proficient. Certainly not having to figure out the various "mysteries" (like pulling up the floor panel, etc) while fending off enemies scaled to your current level, etc.

Just got the PS2 version. Pretty fun tossing things. I played a little bit of the PS3 demo and I like the controls on that one better. I don't like how the push and grip is the same button on the PS2. Also you can't charge your force push. You can move objects up and down on the PS3 version right? Not just left/ right, forward/ backwards. Graphics aren't that great either. If only it was on par with MGS:2/3. It glitches sometimes too. I often see floating dead stormtroopers.

Edited by badboy00z