The Xbox 360 Thread Elite Edition

Recently got the game and I'm just wowed with it, even though my TV is crap the game looks quiet impressive. About four hours in, how much longer do I have? :p

Gotta get some HD soon.

Curious to know how my grenades run out quickly, how do I refill them and what not I can't seem to find a way.

Recently got the game and I'm just wowed with it, even though my TV is crap the game looks quiet impressive. About four hours in, how much longer do I have? :p

Gotta get some HD soon.

Curious to know how my grenades run out quickly, how do I refill them and what not I can't seem to find a way.

took me about 25-30 hours to complete the game, and that was with me doing every quest I could. Including wandering around on planets completing all those "collect XX" missions. Which I'm avoiding on my subsequent play throughs, until my "final" shepard.

I think you need to talk to the supply officer between missions, but I'm not sure.

It's funny but I'm finally getting around to playing the actual "mission" missions in ME. I've spent all my time so far doing side quests to get them out of the way. It seemed like everywhere I went some distress signal or communication from alliance command would come in and I'd have another system to investigate and another side quest to finish.

It looks like everyone else is finished or near finished... so, what class/alignment did every choose? What was your favorite weapons class and combat style?

I'm not finished playing yet but I went with an Infiltrator

and then became a Commando

. I've been playing Paragon as much as I can and actually have yet to even get one renegade point. My favorite weapons still are the pistols and sniper rifles, the shotguns and assault rifles just seem so random and inaccurate. I actually use zero special abilities. My squad uses them like mad. I usually walk in, back out then snipe everyone from a distance. The only times I've been killed in the game are when I was "stupid" and just went running into the middle of stuff. I think I've played shooters too long and I know how to bunch the AI up... I'm very fond of fatal funnel tactics and computer AI's fall for it every time.

Man, I keep reading about all these awesome quests that I missed out on the first time. I only did that one mission for the consort and the turian general. Same thing with the Shadow Broker. It's a good thing I just started my second play through, though this time I'm being a renegade.

BioWare certainly hit their target of making a "water cooler" game, where people can discuss and swap stories about the experiences they each had. This game just gets better and better in my book (excuse me, codex).

Anyone know if Xbox360 or PS3 games are region coded? I want Pro Evolution 2008 and cant wait till march for it. :(

360 games aren't required to use region coding. But, game publishers have the option of enabling region coding at their discretion. If you're looking for compatibility on a specific game it's best to check with the publisher or forums dedicated to that game.

PS3 games use region coding, but Japan and USA are considered to be in the same region so our PS3 games our interchangeable.

It's funny but I'm finally getting around to playing the actual "mission" missions in ME. I've spent all my time so far doing side quests to get them out of the way. It seemed like everywhere I went some distress signal or communication from alliance command would come in and I'd have another system to investigate and another side quest to finish.

It looks like everyone else is finished or near finished... so, what class/alignment did every choose? What was your favorite weapons class and combat style?

I'm not finished playing yet but I went with an Infiltrator

and then became a Commando

. I've been playing Paragon as much as I can and actually have yet to even get one renegade point. My favorite weapons still are the pistols and sniper rifles, the shotguns and assault rifles just seem so random and inaccurate. I actually use zero special abilities. My squad uses them like mad. I usually walk in, back out then snipe everyone from a distance. The only times I've been killed in the game are when I was "stupid" and just went running into the middle of stuff. I think I've played shooters too long and I know how to bunch the AI up... I'm very fond of fatal funnel tactics and computer AI's fall for it every time.

I played as a vanguard my first time through, and not having decent long range weapons gets you dead quite often early on. Eventually though, the pistol is so strong and accurate that the battles are almost funny. Most of the battles involved me casting Throw and shooting them while they were flying/on the ground or using the shotgun - I would melee them to the floor and shoot them while they tried to get up. Throw is a great ability, it's great for crowd control on the baddies that tend to rush you... throw them on the ground and throw a gernade on top of them for explosive fun.

I'm playing again as a soldier, and honestly, not having as much fun. I agree that the AR seems too random and I miss my biotics.

You guys are having trouble with the assault rifles? I'd used them almost exclusively until I got the achievement and switched to my pistol. I don't think it's that they're too "random," it just lends itself to a different style of play. The pistol and sniper rifle are great for picking off enemies from cover, the assault rifle and shotgun are better for in your face, run-and-gun gaming.

The pistol and sniper rifle are great for picking off enemies from cover, the assault rifle and shotgun are better for in your face, run-and-gun gaming.

"In your face" gaming gets me killed repeatedly in this game. I'm playing first time through on Hardcore and let me tell you, running into the thick of it gets me dead very, very fast. My shields will be gone just stepping out of cover and my health will be gone a second or so later.

You guys are having trouble with the assault rifles? I'd used them almost exclusively until I got the achievement and switched to my pistol. I don't think it's that they're too "random," it just lends itself to a different style of play. The pistol and sniper rifle are great for picking off enemies from cover, the assault rifle and shotgun are better for in your face, run-and-gun gaming.

Yeah, I guess... I'm still pretty early on into my soldier's campaign so I'm still using low level weapons, so who knows. I just think they're a pain with their low accuracy, fast rate of fire and their high heat generation. The sniper rifle is damn cool though.

Yeah, I guess... I'm still pretty early on into my soldier's campaign so I'm still using low level weapons, so who knows. I just think they're a pain with their low accuracy, fast rate of fire and their high heat generation. The sniper rifle is damn cool though.

Give it time, and consider investing points in Assault Rifle. I'm about 20 hours in, and my assault rifle heats the slowest of all my weapons. Yeah, the accuracy at range isn't great with them, but up close the high rate of fire will chew through enemies much faster.

I used ONLY the assault rifle my first run. Not a single point into other weapons. (Had I known about unlocking stuff for future plays, I would have switched to sniper rifle--by the time I knew, it was too late to make it worth it--I wasn't going to try to learn and put points into a new weapon at the end) By the end with high-end mods, the AR simply wouldn't overheat. "Overkill" became worthless. And I found just running right into the middle of the pack was the best, fastest way to take people out. I'm going to play as a vanguard next time.

Give it time, and consider investing points in Assault Rifle. I'm about 20 hours in, and my assault rifle heats the slowest of all my weapons. Yeah, the accuracy at range isn't great with them, but up close the high rate of fire will chew through enemies much faster.

Okay, good to know. The suckiness of my current gear is probably a big factor in why I'm not loving my AR.

"In your face" gaming gets me killed repeatedly in this game. I'm playing first time through on Hardcore and let me tell you, running into the thick of it gets me dead very, very fast. My shields will be gone just stepping out of cover and my health will be gone a second or so later.

Is that your first time through? I thought they it was recommended that you play through on Normal, and go Hardcore on your second play through with your leveled-up party. Also, are you very far in? I died in a lot of my early encounters on Normal, but after doing some side quests, I'm on level 32 and I'm breazing through most encounters.

Lately I play games one step above what I feel I should be playing them on. Otherwise the games these days just aren't a challenge for me. I got tired of just slamming through games in one or two days because I used "too easy" of difficulty settings right off the bat.

As for ME I originally started on Normal and when I totally wiped the floor with Eden Prime I started over on Hardcore. Right now I am finishing up side quests, my character is something above level 35 or more. I just last night landed on Feros, the "first" "mission world" that I plan to attempt. Early on I was getting taken apart all the time until I found a good niche to play in, which is: keep your distance, snipe until they get too close, then fall back under pistol fire. I generally play the claustrophobic levels of the game in permanent "crouch" inching up until I can barely see enemies then I waste one of them, which "lights the fuse" and I back off, usually into a corridor, and let them come to me. Then it's a matter of sniping them and throwing grenades until they are all dead.

I think most people who have trouble with this game are too brazen. Like most shooters, if you just rush in guns blazing you get lit up just as much as you inflict on the enemy. But if you hang back and try to be as tactical as possible you can breeze through levels without even getting hit sometimes.

Last night I cleared out the Cerberus labs without even losing shields.

I found normal with a soldier to be very easy. Died a few times early, but then never died more than once in the same place--generally I only ever died from:

1. Mako. Sometimes you'll take 6 rocket hits and have no idea where they're coming from. Far more Mako deaths than "on the ground" deaths.

2. Unexpected Krogans. If you blindly stumble into one turning a corner, you are likely dead, as they will charge you.

I don't know if any geth ever killed me, maybe once or twice in the game once I got past Eden Prime and had the slightest clue what I was doing.

Oh yeah, the only real "boss" of the game besides the final one--the very cold planet. Took 2 or 3 tries before I figured out it was your standard "kill the lackeys, not the boss" type of fight.

But since it was my first run, being a paragon--I wanted it to be quick and easy. For my 2nd run, I might skip straight to hardcore, to use that character later on insane. (If it's way too hard, then I'll do veteran then hardcore) (my 2nd run is always my "master" run in Bioware-type RPG's)

Oh yeah, the only real "boss" of the game besides the final one--the very cold planet. Took 2 or 3 tries before I figured out it was your standard "kill the lackeys, not the boss" type of fight.

I had to go the other way, whack the boss first and then deal with the lackeys. The only part about that fight that irritated me was the position of the auto-save. It should have come after the conversation. Every time I died, I had to go through that tedious (after the nth time, anything is tedius) conversation every time.

The biggest changes for the Xbox 360 update is that it now supports MPEG-4, the box plays both DivX and XviD files...Good news :lol:

but also bad news, Another reason why the anime industry will get hurt even more (see state of anime thread) :blink:;;

Just beat Mass Effect.

I'm just wowed at this game, no game that I have ever owned gave such a strong impact on me, ever.

The ending was just incredible too...

The Normandy really kicked ass in the last scene with that final shot (Was it the only time it fired? Cause if it is then woah...), it just took down the Sovereign down in one shot. I mean just look how small the Normandy is compared to that ship!

This is a game I'm going to treasure for years to come, now I don't want to play it anymore. :p

Reason is that I'm just hate playing the bad guy now, even though their are so many other options included with it, I like to be a nice dude and making some decisions.

Thank you so much guys for recommending me this game. ^_^

Edited by Ishimaru

Have you played any of Bioware's other games? If not, go buy KOTOR.

KOTOR was good, but I actually liked Jade Empire better. Go buy that, too. (The advantage there is, like KOTOR, it's backwards compatible, and every store around has really cheap copies).

Oh, and if you like PC games, Neverwinter Nights, which is still better than NWN 2. You can buy the Diamond Edition with all the expansions for $20. It's starting to show its age a little, but I still like it.

The biggest changes for the Xbox 360 update is that it now supports MPEG-4, the box plays both DivX and XviD files...Good news :lol:

but also bad news, Another reason why the anime industry will get hurt even more (see state of anime thread) :blink:;;

I do not think it will matter much. Many portable DVD players can play Divx, Xvid and Mp4. The one I have is Progressive scan out and can hook to the TV. Also many HD TVs have VGA input. Plus I had Tversity streaming them before the update.

Here is the full list for the Dec 4 update.

http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/200...tem-update.aspx

I do not think it will matter much. Many portable DVD players can play Divx, Xvid and Mp4. The one I have is Progressive scan out and can hook to the TV. Also many HD TVs have VGA input. Plus I had Tversity streaming them before the update.

Here is the full list for the Dec 4 update.

http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/200...tem-update.aspx

meh, it removes a step, I don't need to burn a DVD or transfer files to a usb memory stick... now I can just stream movies from my vista box directly through my 360.

wow, spoke too soon. Apparantly the divx support does include the media center extender... how pointless is that? I guess I'll be sticking to transfering videos to my USB stick and playing them off my DVD player... which is quieter anyways.

Am I reading things right that the much-anticipated "remove 0 point arcade games" feature is NOT there? I only see a "option to not include future/new arcade games" on your gamercard. Not the option to remove old ones.

Anyways---mwa hah hah. My "throwaway" ME character paid off, and I unlocked singularity in about an hour. My next "real" play will be a Vanguard--but with singularity. Will have all the powers of the adept, none of the weaknesses. (Well, a slower recharge time, only a true adept gets the class-specific charge time reduction bonuses)

My renegade will be my vanguard. That'll be my "through the game twice to get to level 60" character. And my female one, too.

I think I'll make the renegade a soldier with throw... I want to have two different styles of game play for ME 2

I think I'll make the renegade a soldier with throw... I want to have two different styles of game play for ME 2

Guys guys, ME just came out give it a break I doubt we'd see ME 2 for a good while.

But I did start out with a Vanguard and my are they the most kick ass class ever.

Is there ever going to be a update to fix the graphical hitches though?