The Highwayman

Anyone here remember this short-lived TV series?

"There is a world, just beyond now, where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility; where the laws of the present collide with the crimes of tomorrow. Patrolling these vast outlands is a new breed of lawman, guarding the fringes of society’s frontiers, they are known simply as "Highwaymen"... and this is their story..."

Highwayman's Truck

LOL! Nick and I were talking about this about a month ago - actually, it was more me talking about it, and Nick giving me this look of 'What the heck are you talking about!' I use to watch this show all the time - well, for all 11 or 12 episodes that they aired...

Better pics of the truck:

http://www.jonwardmotorsports.com/

I remember The Highwayman! I actually remember liking it as a kid, although I'm sure it would probably be groan-inducing now. But hey, any excuse to see Jane Badler, right? :wub:

I also recall, about 10 years or so ago, prob closer to 15 (ach!), whilst returning to the Motor City from a Windsor Ballet performance, seeing The Highwayman's tractor trailer thingamajig - complete with the helicopter bubble front end & all (minus the flame paint job) - crossing the Ambassador bridge from Windsor, Ontario over to Detroit, Michigan.

Musta been comin over to some event like Autorama or maybe a Comic Con... all I remember was me 'n' my buddies goin' WTF, isn' that...?!? ^_^

Ya' know, it's sad how my memory of these shows is better than the shows themselves. I remember picking up Knight Rider on DVD when it was first released and thinking, "I actually watched this garbage?" :lol:

Holy Crap....John Kreese had his own show? F-in wow.

I used to watch Sidekicks, Blue Thunder and Streethawk but had never seen Hard Time until your post A7.

Slightly on Topic, have you guys seen the video for that song "Sweep the Leg"

They got pretty much most of the Cobra Kai to reprise their roles.

Sweep The Leg Video

Edited by chowyunskinny

Oh snap!!! Tuvok from Star Trek: Voyager & Diana from V was in The Highwayman! I do remember that scene when Diana was talking smack to Sam Jones & he tossed her into the fountain. LOL!!! I loved this show. It ended way too soon.

Funny that you mentioned "V" since I liked that back in the 80's. But it was a "love it or hate it" kind of show.

LMFAO. I had forgotten about many of those shows. Thanks for reminding me :p

I was really surprised to see that Dana Carvey was one of the Blue Thunder TV stars. I remember watching the show all the time, but didn't remember him as part of the cast... Trippy.

That's because alot of these shows were mid-80's. If you weren't born yet or weren't old enough, you didn't see the Pure Cheese that was American TV of the era.

Knight Rider... "Turbo boost, KITT!!!!"

A-Team... When you see Hannibal put on his black leather gloves, someone was going to get their a** beat.

I also recall a Ninja-based TV show in the USA... hey anyone remember that short lived TV show :lol: Still, it doesn't take away from the fact that Ninjas are like, really cool and stuff.

Then there's the glory of 80's era movies, which really is another thread in itself.

George Lucas of course graced us with 2 out of his 3 Original Trilogy movies in the 80's. Great stuff, except for the blasted Ewoks. Speaking of Ewoks, "The Great Flannelled One" gave us the 2 horrid Ewoks TV shows. *shudder* At least we didn't get the Holiday Special in the 80's. That's a legacy of the late 70's :lol:

Edited by Warmaker

Yeah, that's it, sorry I didn't notice earlier.

It had the badguy from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" B))

The show came in during the height of Ninja craze in the mid-80's. I recall one Halloween where all of the boys in my Elementary School (in San Francisco) were practically all Ninjas, including me. Recess was fun that day. A big Ninja fight in the schoolyard, with all the kids wearing the black outfits and toy swords. Ahh, the fun of being a kid :lol:

We had one boy in our class show up without a costume. He got to wear a Pumpkin outfit :lol: :lol:

Funny that you mentioned "V" since I liked that back in the 80's. But it was a "love it or hate it" kind of show.

If you just stick with the original mini-series, V was pretty good if dated. You know, if there was ever a show that could use a BSG-style re-immagining, V is it.

Wow, blast from the past.

Did the cab/cockpit of that truck become a helicopter, or am I remembering incorrectly?

As if being in "school" surrounded a bunch of kids in their early to mid 20's wasn't enough to make me feel old...

If you just stick with the original mini-series, V was pretty good if dated. You know, if there was ever a show that could use a BSG-style re-immagining, V is it.

Yeah, I believe it could be a cool remake. The basic idea is still sound sci-fi goodness! The possible effects today would be nice compared to the 80's mini-series / regular series. How the Visitor swould be depicted may be interesting also, as long as they retained the reptilian thing underneath.

V: For some good 80's cheese!

I thought Diana was cool, in her own, evil, twisted reptilian ways :lol:

It even had Marc Singer, a.k.a. "The Beastmaster" along with Michael Ironside, a.k.a. Viper from "Top Gun."

How about this for another remake?

Buck Rogers! (or maybe not)

I still vividly remember the late 70's series with Gil Gerard and Erin Grey. I remember watching the reruns of the show, along with Star Trek and BSG, as a kid and thinking Col.Deering was hot as hell...

Then again, I also liked Linda Carter's Wonder Woman also as a kid :p

The late 70's and 80's were also a really interesting time for sci-fi. Star Wars kicked the craze off then you saw alot of sci-fi shows and movies, all of which of various quality.

The 90's finally came out with the longer lasting, still remembered sci-fi shows: Star Trek TNG, Babylon 5 top the list.

I also loved Space: Above and Beyond. I bought the DVD set which was released some time ago. It's too bad the show only lasted 1 season since I liked the idea and style of the show (Marines in space again! good fun). But I recall that FOX here in the USA changed its showtime alot. I tune in on the typical broadcast day to be surprised some other show in its slot, and then finding a commercial way later stating the new time slot. Anyways, the show was handled poorly by FOX and we got a very, very abrupt, unsatisfying ending that pissed me off.

Edited by Warmaker

• 3 months later...

Nice links everyone, God, I'm such a child of the 80s :rolleyes::lol: . They don't make intro themes (cartoon or live-action shows) like they used to :D . I gotta make an mp3 outta the cartoon compilation and slip it onto my mixes.

Best part IMHO, Don Cheadle getting his ass handed to him in the Sidekicks pilot (he's the gang leader threatening the old man).