The Gurren Lagann Thread.

w00ts. Gurren Lagann mass production version! Nice to see the 2 kids grown up and became pilots. The soundtrack now has a guitar accompaniment in the background were the earlier OP had none.

w00ts. Gurren Lagann mass production version! Nice to see the 2 kids grown up and became pilots. The soundtrack now has a guitar accompaniment in the background were the earlier OP had none.

I missed the opening theme, epi 17 is nice. But, what the hell with the plot twist?

I could hardly recognized half of the old crew. Spoiler...

Dayakka and Kiyoh is married, and their firstborn is triggering the doomsday. What had they done to Nia????

Good lord, what's up with BSS and their ultra hi-res... my laptop barely has enough ponies to play the file... pity Anon seems to have dropped subbing...

Yeah. It won't even run with my VLC Media Player so I had to use the CCCP code and Zoom Player instead.

It still ran pretty choppy nonetheless. It also looks like they removed the link from TokyoToshokan, hopefully a smaller version will be released in a few days.

BTW. What'd you guys think of the episode so far?

7 years is quite a lot of time to catch up on.

I was left a little "eh" by this episode. I guess its to be expected after doing a 7 year time skip in the middle of a series.

Probably Gainax will release "Gurren Lagann: The Blank 7 Years" for a certain game console..... B))

Good lord, what's up with BSS and their ultra hi-res... my laptop barely has enough ponies to play the file... pity Anon seems to have dropped subbing...

This should help. BSS just released an avi version.

http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=...%5D.avi.torrent

Probably Gainax will release "Gurren Lagann: The Blank 7 Years" for a certain game console..... B))

Close.

Just saw 17, absolutely loved it. Can't wait for the next episode.

It's nice to see this series is gaining some popularity in Japan.

Oricon daily ranking just came out.

Gurren Lagan is officially the top number 1 DVD anime sales, and 2nd in place in over all DVD sales of any genre... only below the insanely popular 24 Season 6 DVD box set.

(For those who don't know, Oricon is Japan's national sales reporting service in CD/DVD media)

First Gainax animu to be this popular in Japan since... Evangelion.

Very awesome episode 17. Don't know why those 2 twin block heads are part of the government.

Kiyal has boobs. :lol:

Kinoh and Rossiu....evil looking. Probably plotting to overthrow Simon with a Coup De Etat? I love Rossiu's design but his voice remains more or less the same and less manly than I thought it should be.

Nia is an idiot. Srsly. But still hot. :D

The new Grapa mass production Gurren Laganns look cool. But the rapid fire handguns.....where do all those bullets come from? >_>

Viral fighting for the anti-government resistance and losing to the new generation was quite a blow to his ego. I feel bad for him and his now obsolete ganmen. But cool "zomg" moment when he told Simon that there are people who still wanted to stay underground and that by forcing them to come up, he's being no different than Lord Genome. Simon of course wasn't aware of this order which was initiated by Rossiu.

Yoko still has little to no role to play since Kamina's death...and this is quite a shame. :(

Alienz about to eliminate the humans who have gained a strong spiral ability. This series is awesome!

You don't expect Yoko to return with a vengeance within the next couple episodes? Probably 2 or 3 episodes from now, I'm guessing, possibly after any likely Rossiu plots are underway.

I suppose being at the forefront of the revolution put characters like the twins in a good place to fall into a cushy post-war government, and Simon being such a non-ruthless leader probably isn't likely to cull the dead weight. I'm guessing that under more peaceful circumstances, they'd be competent enough to manage, if rather inefficiently, but things obviously didn't remain peaceful and Rossiu knew this was coming.

Here's some interesting info about Kamina City....straight from the folks at Gainax.

http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/gurren-lagann/rifling05.html

Some info:

a) Kamina city human population = 300,000

b) Pretty weird social scale

c) Most beastmen living in Tepellin joined humanity thanks to Nia's influence. She also asked them to raise the sleeping newborns.

d) Ganmen battles are the popular underground sport, although Ganmen themselves are illegal in the city for being dangerous weapons rather than "sport" tools. A few outsider beastmen and humans sell weapons and gunmen to people outside the view of the law.

e) The number of resistance forces against the government is fairly big both in humans and beastmen. Weirdly, most beastmen that don’t follow the government are led by former direct enemies of Simon and the Dai-Gurren as if his influence had given them a higher degree of freedom and self-awareness.

2002263139762333810_rs.jpg

Here's some interesting info about Kamina City....straight from the folks at Gainax.

http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/gurren-lagann/rifling05.html

Some info:

a) Kamina city human population = 300,000

b) Pretty weird social scale

c) Most beastmen living in Tepellin joined humanity thanks to Nia's influence. She also asked them to raise the sleeping newborns.

d) Ganmen battles are the popular underground sport, although Ganmen themselves are illegal in the city for being dangerous weapons rather than "sport" tools. A few outsider beastmen and humans sell weapons and gunmen to people outside the view of the law.

e) The number of resistance forces against the government is fairly big both in humans and beastmen. Weirdly, most beastmen that don’t follow the government are led by former direct enemies of Simon and the Dai-Gurren as if his influence had given them a higher degree of freedom and self-awareness.

Reminds me of Macross City and the aftermath of spacewar 1, the only thing missing is a huge Fokker statue....

Does this interests you guys? :D

Not sure how it will be done but it is from the same people whom brought out the Busou Shinki figures (roughly means Armor Goddess - see the smaller pic below). This could be promising. :rolleyes:

HOB-FIG-6118.jpg

post-3608-1185806277_thumb.jpgpost-3608-1185806288_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Another "meh" episode. Gainax is still setting us up for the next big conflict. Setting up Simon for his next big hero moment. I am not expecting alot out of episode 19 either. Looks like 20 is where things are going to get interesting.

Geez....i rather they created a revoltech fig of Yoko. The MMS figs are very loose and parts pop off too easily. And no MMS figure will capture Yoko's hips.

Does this interests you guys? :D

Not sure how it will be done but it is from the same people whom brought out the Busou Shinki figures (roughly means Armor Goddess - see the smaller pic below). This could be promising. :rolleyes:

post-3608-1185806277_thumb.jpgpost-3608-1185806288_thumb.jpg

Isn't this it?

2003076549415076365_th.jpg

It also looks like Konami is releasing more Impact Models later this year.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Maker1=KNM&am...e=Sci&Dis=2

2002862058451302030_rs.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

Since Enkidudu was damaged during the fight with the Grapar squad, I wonder if Viral will return using a new mech (Enkidududu), or perhaps in the last episode wil fight along Simon or fighting Simon in Enkindududududududu........ :lol:

Edited by Morpheus

All payoff and no build up is a very unsatisfying way of going about things. Kinda like playing a videogame with a 'win game' button that takes you straight from the opening scene to the end. I'm rather enjoying the story so far.

We're on the verge of rebellion here.

Two weeks/episodes to go before the Moon SMACKS into Earth.

The factions have been formed and all hell is about to break loose.

Ep 19.....i find it silly that Rossiu has so much support politically....after all isn't Simon the great commander that liberated mankind? Now its his fault for liberating them? What, are they saying they rather stay underground living in fear being artificially birth controlled by stomping Gunmen?

Anyway my only regret of this series is Yoko has lesser than expected screentime....and now that we see grown up Nia, she has became evil messenger of Doom. Geh.

And ep 19 has Darry's ass shot. mmmMmmm. Toight. :D

The Ending as foretold by the great WoLF-[x]

Rossiu won't die.

Simon will break free with his gar-ness....Viral will pilot Lagann....and Simon will save Rossiu in his hour of desperation scene. Rossiu will cry many tears and wish it was back to the way it was. OP song will play in the background as Simon delivers the finishing blow along with everyone yelling "GARRRRRRRRR!!!!".

Nia will be free from the clutches of the Anti-spirals, float down towards Simon. Simon will kiss her and everything is happily ever after. The End.