The Gurren Lagann Thread.

Ep 19.....i find it silly that Rossiu has so much support politically....after all isn't Simon the great commander that liberated mankind? Now its his fault for liberating them? What, are they saying they rather stay underground living in fear being artificially birth controlled by stomping Gunmen?

You think that's silly? I've seen people act like that in real life on a pretty consistent basis. Many people want freedom until they know the cost, then they want safety instead.

You left out Simon aging another 10 years

Something you expect to happen for some reason? He already seems to be about the age he was shown at in the first episode and in the end credits. I'm expecting just a costume change, rather than another time jump.

Edited by Radd

ah, so much build up. I'm really liking that gainax is taking the time to properly build up to the ending. I wonder why Nia keeps showing up to egg on simon though.. is it just to make him feel bad? That whole, anti-spirals are all about making life suck thing?

Edited by eugimon

Wow, just watched episode 20. Gainax is doing this right. I can hardly wait for the next episode.

Doesnt look like we get a smack down episode until 22 atleast. 21 looks like the continued buildup.

Edited by Duke Togo

Well. Yoko's finally back and giving Nia haircuts once again. :p

I can't WAIT to see what Gainax has in store for #21 and #22.

:o:o:o

2004386196305245893_rs.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

Watch the current opening and then the "future" segment of episode 1 again. Gurren Lagann is going to get REALLY big. There are bigger and badder things that are going to be joined. Knowing how Gainax does things, I fully expect a full blown epic throw down at the end of this series.

either that, or simon will have a dream, and everyone will be in it and then he'll wake up and series will end. :p

He'll see Kamina, the village elder, Yoko and even the molepig clapping hands and saying "Omedetou, Simon." More people show up to congratulate him as he smiles and says "Arigatou". Story ends.

Ph34r my prophecy.

Because I have the first episode on my hard drive, and he both sounds and looks older.

I dunno, it's entirely possible, but I think you're reading a bit much into it. He's pretty much obscured in shadow throughout the segment, but he seems to be about as old as we're seeing him now. You could be right, but at this point I'm expecting they break out of Earth and take the battle to the Anti-Spirals in a similar buildup that we saw in the first story arch, not another timejump.

I don't think it's that he looks older, but that he sounds older. All the youthfulness is gone out of his voice and he just sounds like a battle hardened badass.

Precisely, like how many commented that his voice seemed to change when he broke out of his post-Kamina funk.

I don't know if it is him. I mean look at the advisor beside "Future Simon," it doesn't look like anybody currently in the series. The enemy is the "galactic council" or something like that. It may simply be a segment about a previous user of Laggan that might be explained later.

Precisely, like how many commented that his voice seemed to change when he broke out of his post-Kamina funk.

You may have have been confused at who was speaking at the time of ep 1. "Simon's assistant" has a deep voice and was speaking most of the time until Simon said he'll crush them all (the enemies) and starts with his "Gurren LAgann...spin on!"

I dunno....i still think Simon's assistant is future Rossiu. Maybe he got changed into a beastman due to injuries or whatever when fighting the anti-spirals and had his appearances changed or something but see his hair. The bangs on the right side of his forehead, the rest of the top of his forehead. I think its him. The voice is obviously different though, and there's some stripes on the sides of his cheeks.

You may have have been confused at who was speaking at the time of ep 1. "Simon's assistant" has a deep voice and was speaking most of the time until Simon said he'll crush them all (the enemies) and starts with his "Gurren LAgann...spin on!"

I'm not certain why you think I confused those two? Or are you replying to Duke but quoted me? I've been the one saying he doesn't sound that much older than he has in the current episodes, just he's speaking in his "bad ass mode" rather than his softer, conversational voice.

As for the "assistant"? He's a beastman, I think. Those marks on his face and the dark nose? The nose thing might just be a shadow. His voice sounds a lot like a character we know, though. He was Simon's next-door neighbor at the end of episode 20. Is this the case? I don't know. Rather, I suspect it's a character we don't know yet, as Viral doesn't have the facial marks, but if it's someone we already know then that's where my money is at the moment.

His voice sounds a lot like a character we know, though. He was Simon's next-door neighbor at the end of episode 20. Is this the case? I don't know. Rather, I suspect it's a character we don't know yet, as Viral doesn't have the facial marks, but if it's someone we already know then that's where my money is at the moment.

My first thought was Viral as well, but Viral has very pointy teeth, and the advisor in episode 1 clearly does not.

True. I'm pretty certain it's a character we don't know yet. The facial markings are very distinctive, would have noticed them on any character had they appeared by now.

I honestly think the guy in episode 1 is gonna end up being Viral who's somehow been made human or makes himself appear more human. It could easily be b/c he's made to fight anti-spiral beings, and he somehow comes in contact w/ the key spiral and that alters him.

I also think the show is gonna end with Lagann using the little green "regeneration tank" to make Kamina and the he'll walk up behind everyone on the bridge naked and say something stupid and everyone will turn around and freak out b/c he's alive (and he won't know that he died), then they'll freak out b/c he's naked and he'll say something to Simon about being the leader he always knew he could be or something cool like that. B/c an ending like that would so fit this anime and hopefully forever break the crappy sad endings that most animes have.

And I can totally see a Season 2, subname = Piercing the Sprial Universe Gurren Lagann.

Edited by protostar8

Just watched epi.21 on TV today, some spoiler:

Viral is now Gurren Lagan co-pilot, so it is possible that he became Simon second in command soon. Arc Gurren is ambushed by a huge Mugan fleet and Simon vows to destroy the moon.

With 2 episode t go, the finale would be bombastic :lol:

Has anyone heard about anything special being done for the R2 DVD's? New/retouched animation, etc?

I think #6 (bathhouse ganmen eppy) will remove the flashback sequences that were put in place b/c of censorship laws.

IMHO #4 should also be redone considering the amount of backlash it recieved from the fans.

I think #6 (bathhouse ganmen eppy) will remove the flashback sequences that were put in place b/c of censorship laws.

IMHO #4 should also be redone considering the amount of backlash it recieved from the fans.

And I'm pretty comfident that ADV know's to wait for DVD masters, at least they should have learned their lesson by now.