1/72 Destoroido Defendarr!

captain america

Whew! I'm glad I'm stickin to small scale stuff! I'd HAVE to have bought the whole set!!! Great work!

Oh, I just heard my wallet take a deep breath too! - MT

:lol: Cheater! :D Good stuff, just using the Tomahawk legs. They are all the same anyway.

With this, you could also release those funky variants like with a Tomahawk central body with Spartan arms and legs. Just a thought. They were in the Mecha development notes that Nanashino had.

I can see you are pretty much finished. Just the barrels of the autocannons to go!

Edited by kensei

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: Cheater! :D Good stuff, just using the Tomahawk legs. They are all the same anyway.

With this, you could also release those funky variants like with a Tomahawk central body with Spartan arms and legs. Just a thought. They were in the Mecha development notes that Nanashino had.

I can see you are pretty much finished. Just the barrels of the autocannons to go!

Actually, the thighs are different on all variants, so the only parts that are common to all 3 are from the knees on down. Oddly enough, (torso) parts from all 3 don't really intermix very well: you could adapt the shoulder/weapons vest from a tomahawk to the defener, but the inverse is not true, because the center "body" unit is slimmer in width on the defender. Shoulder/arms/missile pods should be fine for all 3 though.

As things are now, molds are almost done; I'm just waiting for a decal confirmation from Devin, and I'll start happily taking your money :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Sorry for having dragged my feet on this one: some other matters required my attention, but have no fear, the Defender has been chugging-along at a healthy pace.

Current status: the first half-dozen models have been cast, and the model is coming along very nicely indeed. The pic below is of the parts breakdown for the model

Ok, now for the nasty part: payment

Each kit price: $110.00

Shipping rates:

USA/Canada:

-$14.00 for Small Packet Air mail of 1 to 2 kits.

-$22.00 via Expedited Parcel for 3/4 kits

- $29.00 via Xpresspost (4-5 business days.)

International shipping (France, Germany, Chile, HK, UK, Australia.)

-$29.00 for 1-2 kits via Small Packet International Air, or $56.00 shipped via Xpresspost (4-5 business days.)

PAYMENT METHODS

-Western Union money transfer. Anyone who opts to pay via this method will recieve $10 off their order total for 1 model, and free shipping for orders of 2 to 3 kits.

-International postal money-orders in US funds (no extra fee)

-Paypal (incurs a $5 surcharge per model.)

Shipping timeline: orders will begin shipping beginning the 10th of April (my estimate for the decals to arrive). Should the latter arrive sooner, then shipping will begin sooner and I will advise accordingly. For anything else, just feel free to PM me :)

post-632-1175113882_thumb.jpg

I'll have one as usual thanks John.

Payment has been sent :D

Every time I open Paypal it automatically asks me if I want to send you money :p:p

What's next? A Spartan to complete the set ;)

Edited by thegunny

I'll have one as usual thanks John.

Payment has been sent :D

Every time I open Paypal it automatically asks me if I want to send you money :p:p

What's next? A Spartan to complete the set ;)

LoL! Maybe Paypal's trying to tell you something :lol:

Spartan? Perhaps...

OoOoOoOo... I took a few mock-up pics to show as well. I left off some significant bits for now, as they are being prepped and cleaned, but this shouls give you a good overall impression of the model.

post-632-1175136519_thumb.jpg

post-632-1175136542_thumb.jpg

post-632-1175136551_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Today's little update is to let everyone know that the decals are in, and I've been in full-tilt shipping mode for the last couple days. Anyone who's been holding-off on ordering can now do so freely ^_^

Great I get paid in a few days. :)

I will be unveiling the built kit at WF as part of a destroid lineup. So no public shots from me till June. This one is going top secret.

Now i just need to make a display large enough to have the monster, tomahawk, phalanx and defender on it

I will be unveiling the built kit at WF as part of a destroid lineup. So no public shots from me till June. This one is going top secret.

Now i just need to make a display large enough to have the monster, tomahawk, phalanx and defender on it

I want to see this new one standing next to the old one you built a while back.

Aye Captain! Thanks again for another cool offer. I assembled my first one yesterday here at the office, it is prepped for paint sitting at the feet of my MSLZZ 1/72 monster. Another excellent sculpt and cast, i have to say I really appreciate the way you set up your molds so the flashing/pour spout is always hidden once the parts are assembled, it makes clean up a breeze :)

For the 'finished' look, kindly refer to HWR MKII's buildup--the FASTEST build in the west! :p

It`s one of those mysteries like, how did they build the Pyramids, how does HWR build em so fast ?

My moneys on some sort of time travel al la "Heroes"

Look I got this model from the Capt 1 hour ago.... It`s painted and finished already......

That includes a day`s worth of painting and drying......... Hmmmmmm Time Travel I tell you....

Hi guys.

I'm Glad that the model is being well-received. I took a few pics of an unpainted model, just to show its basic structure. For the 'finished' look, kindly refer to HWR MKII's buildup--the FASTEST build in the west! :p

It will be 100% finished tonight. Took a day from model building yesterday. Actually just passed out at 6 pm and woke up at 11.