Stupidity in the Name of Macross Toys

Duymon

So I made a trade for a DYRL pilot by sending an MW member a TV pilot.

Ok... the pilot's worth like... what? 3 dollars?

Shipping on top of that was 4 dollars. Ok, no biggy.

Sounds like a done deal. That's normal to most peeps.

Well....except for the $210 ticket I got for parking near the post office :p

Shipping for my $3 TV pilot ended up being $214.

Hot Damn!

No I wasn't on the yoshinol :p

Actually, I had gone to a post office that I'd never been to before and stopped behind the other 4 people flashing their hazards as they ran in to do their business.

Went out and the car was gone -_-

had to spend an hour at the pound getting my car cleared. Got slapped with a $160 towing fee (bs) and then got slapped with a $50 ticket :p

Shoulda just mailed it via fed ex for 10 bucks and used the 0ther 200 dollars for a Roy + fastpack combo or something :p

Actually, I had gone to a post office that I'd never been to before and stopped behind the other 4 people flashing their hazards as they ran in to do their business.

had to spend an hour at the pound getting my car cleared. Got slapped with a $160 towing fee (bs) and then got slapped with a $50 ticket :p

Shoulda just mailed it via fed ex for 10 bucks and used the 0ther 200 dollars for a Roy + fastpack combo or something :p

DOH! And there's a lesson to learn from this kids. ;)

I got in a car accident shortly after picking up a toy once. I'm sure that cost me a lot of money in insurance premiums. That was quite a while ago now though. I was out running errands though, I can't really say it was the Macross toy that did it although it was certainly my most major motivator in running the errands. Oh well.

I got in a car accident shortly after picking up a toy once. I'm sure that cost me a lot of money in insurance premiums. That was quite a while ago now though. I was out running errands though, I can't really say it was the Macross toy that did it although it was certainly my most major motivator in running the errands. Oh well.

Forget about the car! Did the toy survive the accident?! :D:p

lesson learned?

Next time you can just print your own postage from USPS.com and just dump it at a mail box for small item such as a pilot.

I had a similar case, I parked my car 5 blocks away from my home for a week at a spot where I see people park there for days and months with no problem. (It's was a residental permit parking spot which I paided for.) I later recieved a letter in the mail " Please come to claim your car" WTF!!? :o:o

I ended up paying for 2 days of inpound fee/ towing fee/ and ticket. And the reason? my car was parked for over 72 hours so it's consider abandon and the city can tow your car away.

And of all the days they tolled my car on Valentine's Day. :angry: Luckly I wasn't driving that day or else I would have been pretty pissed that whole night instead of doing other things.

WOw....do your cities have such efficient people that check if the car was there for 72hours? What if u drove it out of the spot and came back to the exact same spot, just that when they last checked, you were at the spot too? Sheeesh.

Well as for me, I spent 60 USD thinking i have striked a deal, buying 2 supposed VF-19S. After already paying for it, i found out that it was Super 7 brand, not Bandai. IE: Bootleg. GAHH!!

:(

So I made a trade for a DYRL pilot by sending an MW member a TV pilot.

Ok... the pilot's worth like... what? 3 dollars?

Shipping on top of that was 4 dollars. Ok, no biggy.

Sounds like a done deal. That's normal to most peeps.

Well....except for the $210 ticket I got for parking near the post office :p

Shipping for my $3 TV pilot ended up being $214.

Hot Damn!

Had nearly the same happen to me. A while back, I was sending a fellow MW member a screwcap from a 1/60 VF-1 at my then-local PO. When I came back out of the PO, a traffic officer was writing up my car. Seems to me that the city had quite a racket going, you have 15 minute parking zones everywhere within 4 blocks of the PO, and as everyone knows, it is impossible to get in and out of the PO in anything less than 45 minutes... Ended up with a $60.00 ticket, all to send a friggin 1/60 screwcap. :angry: Had I been another few minutes, the would have likely towed my car...