VF-0S fractured areas

indigofx28

I open the shoulders, loose the screws and found that Yamato did make the fix that you guys were talking about. At least for this production run. I waited this long to get one of these hoping that the bugs would be all worked out . I guess not. I'm waiting on HLJ to get back to me about parts for these. Doen't mean I won't get another 0S :lol: they are a great toy.

D a m n.

It just occured to me that the plastic sockets holding the landing gears are made similarly like the 1/48 VF1's hip sockets. Although the VF0S's plastic seems thinner.

indigofx28, get ready for another heart attack when you dismantle the VF0S's shoulders.

I got it new from HLJ.com. I've bought from them since the original YF-19's came out. I'm just hoping that this one is a fluke.

did you buy it new? or used?

if you bought it new, how do you know it was new?

if you bought it used, well theres not much to say other than try avoiding purhcasing used stuff.

Edited by indigofx28

I got it new from HLJ.com. I've bought from them since the 1/60 YF-19's came out. I'm just hoping that this one is a fluke.

well thats just blows goats now don't it.

even if they offer to replace it, its going to cost you $25 there and $25 back(unless they pick up this cost), not to mention the $25 you originally paid for shipping....boy does it suck buying from overseas. :mellow:

I ve read theother topic about the Macross0 serie problems, and it seems that Yamato used a bad quality of plastic to make these toys; eventhough they are more expensive than other Mac.Yam. toys!

I think i'll never buy one of these, they look beautiful but i don't want to waste my money...

It definitely seems that Yamato's running toward the success is going too fast

:) I'm hoping they'll pick it up. (I edited my original quote. I meant since the original YF-19's came out. with the broken tab.)

well thats just blows goats now don't it.

even if they offer to replace it, its going to cost you $25 there and $25 back(unless they pick up this cost), not to mention the $25 you originally paid for shipping....boy does it suck buying from overseas. :mellow:

I'm affraid this issue comes too late for Yamato to replace the clips for POM plastic at least for the VF-0A Shin wich I already preordered.

I just checked my 0S and both clips are okay. They both have what seems to be very little stressmarks at the bottom, but I'm under the impression that they come like this from the factory. It's hard to say because the toy comes packaged in fighter mode and that's when the clips are used.

I'm affraid this issue comes too late for Yamato to replace the clips for POM plastic at least for the VF-0A Shin wich I already preordered.

I just checked my 0S and both clips are okay. They both have what seems to be very little stressmarks at the bottom, but I'm under the impression that they come like this from the factory. It's hard to say because the toy comes packaged in fighter mode and that's when the clips are used.

yeah, I'm actually not worried about those stress marks. the very nature of that part means that the plastic is going to give and take a little and as long as the user doesn't try to force the legs down too far, there shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately, I also have stress marks on the clips of my VF-0A. That was the first thing I noticed when I received mine, straight from HLJ, 3 months ago. The stress marks were there during the first transformation. I also have little stress marks on the left shoulder, and a little crack on the right one.

... Anyway, it didn't stopped me from preordering the Shin version ;) . At least, it won't have the shoulders problem now ^_^

Edited by Friedric P

Unfortunately, I also have stress marks on the clips of my VF-0A. That was the first thing I noticed when I received mine, straight from HLJ, 3 months ago. The stress marks were there during the first transformation. I also have little stress marks on the left shoulder, and a little crack on the right one.

... Anyway, it didn't stopped me from preordering the Shin version ;) . At least, it won't have the shoulders problem now ^_^

The toy is defective and yet you buy more? Yamato loves customers like you. Macross fans really need to stop being such marks. :rolleyes:

I don't mind paying for replacement parts, even to buy a new one. :lol::ph34r:^_^

yeah, I'm actually not worried about those stress marks. the very nature of that part means that the plastic is going to give and take a little and as long as the user doesn't try to force the legs down too far, there shouldn't be a problem.

The toy is defective and yet you buy more? Yamato loves customers like you. Macross fans really need to stop being such marks. :rolleyes:

Well, comparing to some action figures I have... I won't name, for instance, kaiyodo and the virtual-on collection, which was about buying already-broken new figures in blisters. One of these pieces, the RVR-42 cypher, all its articulations were made with clear translucent and bristle plastic, which was looking invisible, but also was breaking with any random reason, like a too strong breathing. And of course, the main pieces were made with soft vynil, which was griping the articulations after a few weeks in the same pose. I should also precise that I'm extremly careful with my figures... But, after a few years, this baby is breaking just by holding it.

So of course, Yamato is supposed to do *toys*, and it's a lot more expensive, but in comparaison, the VF-0 still seem very sturdy to me ^_^.

Anyway, I started collecting macross transformable toys recently, so maybe I will change my mind in a few years :D

Edited by Friedric P

I'm currently doing a review of the K&M Series 002 pieces for my site and only one of the poseable pieces (the GBP) didn't break during my review. It's as Freidric has said, the joints are made of the same soft vinyl as the toy so the affix to each other, then you go to move a joint and the soft vinyl just tears right in two and an arm or a leg pops right off. Very brilliant. That said, the entire 5 pieces cost like $20 shipped so my expectations were very low (and after I rubber-cemented them back together it didn't seem like such a huge deal that certain limbs would never move again). When you pay 10x that amount it seems reasonable to have 10x the expectations.