The Good Shepherd

Oihan

The TOS is about to be upgraded... I'm gonna put a word in to open up this section to a broader (not too broad) subject matter. I think it was Duke Togo that suggested it should be Sci-fi, Anime, Fantasy and Action Adventure... how's that?

Didn't see this film... looked like a rental to me.

See! Things are getting done even when you think it's not... ;)

Best anime or science fiction movie I've seen this year.

Indeed, although I thought that the 4-way lightsaber battle at the end of the movie was not only extraneous, but blatantly copied from Revenge of the Sith. I mean...why would the CIA meet with the Soviet spies on Mt. Etna, especially when it's erupting?! And I find it really broke my suspension of disbelief when Angelina Jolie learns that she's descended from the Amazon Women of the Moon.

Some of you need more sarcasm in your posts, I don't think there was enough. I guess some of you don't call espionage a 'science.'

Science in the broadest sense refers to any system of objective knowledge.

Espionage is a practice of obtaining information.

I digress though.... Delete this thread or do what you will with it for I doubt there will be any serious responses with this lot.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I honestly don't discuss a lot of film on MW because it's not allowed. I wasn't trying to be mean.

Now, if some of these reponses are to be believed, it appears something is going to change as far as MW policy about these types of topics. This is news to me.

If they're going to let this topic stay open, I'll certainly join the discussion.

Some of you need more sarcasm in your posts, I don't think there was enough. I guess some of you don't call espionage a 'science.'

Are you trying to justify calling The Good Shepard science fiction?

Please tell me you are.

That would be... amazing.

I found the film to be quite intriguing. The guy sacrificed everything for his job, or shall we say duty? My favorite scene was what they did to the broad on the airplane.

I can't seem to figure out who's responsible for that. There's one other thing that I can't figure out, and that's how Matt's character figured out something...I dunno if it was the result of what that KGB guy said and did or what. I'd be more specific but I don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't seen it yet.

There were so many famous people in the movie, all preformed great. This is definitely one of my favs. I liked some of the word play they had in there too. It's a smart movie. I didn't know Robert De Niro could direct...but I liked every minute of it. It was money well spent at the box office imo...probably one of the best movies of 2006.

I digress though.... Delete this thread or do what you will with it for I doubt there will be any serious responses with this lot.

OK... that's a bit of a stretch. We all know the difference between sci-fi and scientific. Either way it seems like no one went to see this movie.

OK... that's a bit of a stretch. We all know the difference between sci-fi and scientific. Either way it seems like no one went to see this movie.

Sure it's a bit of a stretch, but it works. Unless you'd define espionage as something else....like an art? The art of spying....the science of spying....whatever. :D It is a bit of a stretch, but I thought it was worthy enough to be discussed on this forum. Those of you haven't seen the movie are missing out.

Poor Joe Pesci. :(

Not that you'd care, but I don't think I'll ever take you or any of your posts seriously again.... I'll probably just skip your posts...not that you'd care. There's no sense in you replying to this thread or my response if you have nothing of worth to add...unless you don't care to waste your time and mine. (I love the ignore feature) Thanks.

Edited by Oihan

i saw it, but i don't know i expected a bigger pay off at the end. it was an okay film, definitely a rental but not really worth seeing in theaters. But don't get me wrong it was a good film with a strong cast i just felt as though the plot seemed to be building to something a little bigger in the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...