Yippy kay yay mother f@*#ers! LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD!

UN Spacy

I am definitely picking it up on Blu-ray. Best popcorn action flick in a long time.

I can see me and my mates having a Die Hard night in the near future. We just had a Stallone night, and a Schwartznegger night is soon to follow. It'll be awesome.

I watched Die Hard before Transformers and was going to mention something like, "hey I saw something similar in Die Hard first." They aren't exactly the same though and that's why I didn't bring it up. Both movies have a prominent jet and truck. Both movies have a scene where a hacker's lair is visited and the hacker yells to the grandmother or mom to not disturb them in their private space.

• 2 months later...

Format? Blu-ray of course. As for content, I'm only aware of either the 1 or 2 dvd sets, the latter being filled with more featurettes and stuff for the die hard fan of, er-Die Hard. Are there more editions out there?

Format? Blu-ray of course. As for content, I'm only aware of either the 1 or 2 dvd sets, the latter being filled with more featurettes and stuff for the die hard fan of, er-Die Hard. Are there more editions out there?

well, i would get the blu-ray version if i had a blu-ray player or a ps3 :(

i've only seen an unrated edition w/ a metal box from bestbuy and a walmart edition w/ featurette....besides that, all stores will carry a the widescreen and fullscreen versions of the movie uncut, pg-13 version, and the collectors edition (which may be the one worth getting)

Good to hear the theater cut is available. I never watch a DC first if I can, so I might rent the theater cut first. They didn't "King Arthur" it did they (first cut in pan and scan only)?

I missed it in theaters.

Good to hear the theater cut is available. I never watch a DC first if I can, so I might rent the theater cut first. They didn't "King Arthur" it did they (first cut in pan and scan only)?

I missed it in theaters.

I don't think there is a difference except maybe the language and blood. The run times for the DC and theatrical are the same so there isn't extra footage i believe.

Okay so i am having a Die Hard marathon and the unrated Live Free or Die Hard is great. I saw it in the theaters and the only real difference is that now it is an R rated movie since McClane is dropping the F bomb left and right. Which is good because it fits his character. I know there are a ton of arguments of PG-13 vs R especially in this case but i do prefer an R rated Die Hard because it is more in line with the others. Just my 2 cents

Um it didn't look like it but you know after watching it again there weren't too many shots were you should see tons of blood watching, and the shots that were like that the camera was moving fast so it masked it. There is still a reasonable amount of blood though. And if you are wondering the F bombs are just dubs as i was first thinking they were, looks like the shot the whole movie intentionally to release it like this. PG-13 for theaters, R for the DVD was isn't a bad idea i guess if you are trying to make a huge gross off of the theatrical run.

Its proper. It isn't dubbed either, they actually just reshot a lot of scenes, or they would cut the scene early in the theatrical version right before they would say the word. There are plenty of close ups of people saying it.

Yeah i hate the unrated craze too but this is the first movie that makes sense in that fashion. Getting the most money on theatrical release and then release the DVD as the movie was intended to be. Personallly i think they should just release the R rated versions, they still make money. Not as much as a PG-13 or CGI animated dreamworks or disney crap fest but they still make money. 300, American Gangster and all the recent R rated comedies of late are proof of that.

• 3 months later...

My first foray into the Die-Hard world was LFoDH, which was AMAZING! My friends and I then watched the first DH, and that was also incredible... we were then utterly shocked and horrified by how bad the middle two are. They should really just sell DH and LF as a set and pretend With a Vengeance and Die-Harder don't exist.