Ring Raiders

Spider-X

Hey Guyz, I was just surfin' the web... and I found this movie from the 80ies... It was a

movie of a cartoon show that I watched when I was a little kid. I remembered that the main

character was from WW2 and was teleported into the 80-90's... or into the distant future...

The character was given an F-5 in a tiger paintsheme, and it really looked great. He was flying with

a team agains an evil airforce... named Skull Squadron... Yes, I said Skull Squadron... And the leader

of that Squadron flew an F-14... But it wasn't the Skull Squadron from Macross :lol:

Another great feature of the show was that each pilot was given a special ring... that acted as a

trigger mechanism to transform the planes into supersonic high-tech silverkinda lookin' planes...

Anyway... to see what I mean, here's the intro movie of the show "Ring Raiders":

I remember those, they were little jets that went on your fingers

Hahah yeah! Well I remember a lot of cartoon shows from the 80s bro, like StarCom, Galaxy Rangers, Pole Position, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors... I kinda made shows from the 80ies my hobby :blink:

I think I still have some of those ring Jets from Ring Raiders... I'll try to look in those dusty boxes and try to take some snaps of it. I remember I have the Leader of the goodguys... Think his name was Victor Vector...

Edited by Spider-X

ALL of the above are on ebay guys, just give it a search. . . .

There was no F-14. Skull squadron leader here was Scorch I believe and flew a Viggen.

I miss the toys and playsets, the balljointed stands were awesome!

My bad, but I still have a vague memory about a black and purple f-14 in Ring Raiders... Could it be flown

by the evil chick from Skull Squadron?

Bionic 1, Mother 1, Sports 1, Rock 1, Karate 1 and JD (I think). Yeah those guys were cool. Diecast metal.

Funny that you mentioned Bionic Six which was my fave back in 87', 88' because I happened to watch the intro on Gootube/Youggle and there is a similarity to the Original Gatchman intro it's where both Teams skydive in a circle plus even the river in both backround illustrations are similar.

Edited by gerwalk25

Oh god i remember all of these...ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! I also remember Centurions, Captain Power, Captain Planet, Silverhawks, Sectaurs, oh god it goes on and on. So many of those memories are gone now, save for a few boxes at mom's house. At least they brought back Madballs...

I loved ring raiders....wish they brought it back too. :(

I was trying to find out the name of that toyline for yonks. Now i know. ;)

PS: why "Anal" combat show...shouldn't u mean "Aerial"? Made me avoid this thread for 2 days. :lol:

I remember the toys, but totally had no idea that they had made a tv show for it.

I gotta agree with Beltane and Twoducks, i totally remember seeing the toys everywhere. I think i even had a squadron or two, but i had absolutely no idea there was a cartoon about them and back then i knew about every cartoon! It was the 80's though and i'm hard pressed to think of any toy line that didn't have a cartoon backing it up... except Mega-Force!