Yamato Garland Repaint

I'm guessing the OVAs won't be subtitled in English so that wouldn't do much for me. I'm very curious to see if this will be a reissue or will incorporate improvements to the overall design. I would really like for Yamato to get back to basics and not make me buy things I don't want to get a toy i do.

Seems like Yamato is reissuing the red Garland. Could this be the redesigned shoulders version?

http://www2.moeyo.com/img/06/11/25/3/355.html

And it comes with the Ovas! My Garland is fine, but if I see any real improvement on the military issue I just preordered, I'll might have to order this one also :wacko:

If I'm not mistaken, I think this may be the metallic red version that features the same improvements as the Military Color Version.

Hmmmmmmm Dunno, I'm tempted just because I want the Yui figure.....maybe then I can box up my first edition cause it's practically junk now...he's got an awful paint smudge on the chest where the magnet would be for the arms in bike mode......and his right arm is broken cause of that fragile shoulder joint.

I think some of us should bug tam about the metalic version, THAT and the Military one I'd buy, and I'd sell my first edition garland cheap.

You're right. It does look metalized on that pic.

I would've preferred the military issue to be dull brown, instead of a new metallized red version tho'. But jenius is right: the real question here is if it is a fixed edition or not.

not sure about this:

the metallic version is being offered as part of the DVD set on amenbo.com

So it may be that to get it you've got to buy disks.

check it out:

http://www.amenbo.com/cgi-bin/list/toys/diecast/new3-e.cgi

[attachmentid=38585]

post-3216-1164972744_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That is one for the price of two!

How much have the shoulders been improved?

Doubt the DVD will play unless have a region free player.

Hope the new figures are included in that price.

Really want a Garland might have to get the Turd version.

Looks like it comes with a few things outside the First Movie and the garland.....wonder what else is there....

But maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn I don't think I'd pay nearly 300 bucks for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Yamato has just stated tru' Graham that a racer paint scheme of the Garland will be released. That brings up hopes for a larger Megazone line... I hope.

Yeah, this is cool. I have a Hobby Japan with a drawing of a racer Garland. I was going to do a custom and this saves me the trouble.

Damn! How can someone order an item with those lousy pictures and poor information?

Those are from the faxes that toy shops get from manufacturers hence the bad quality. They'll put better pics when official pics from manufacturer are out.

Ya know I find it very odd that the proto garland shown doesn't have all the energy cannon junk on it. It looks VERY similar to the EX=Garland though....but I wonder why the change? Was this what the Protogarland actually looked like?

Oh snap nevermind, I read the corner the protogarland is from Part 2......wait wow.......so they didn't rebuild the first garland after Part 1, it was a COMPLETELY different garland....I never knew that.

Edited by Hikuro

• 1 month later...