The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

F#$K!!! :o The SOC are getter bigger and bigger.

[attachmentid=42806]

Anybody know where there are some more pictures of the Iron Gear SOC?

I am very very tempted to preorder one but I would like to see a bit more

on how it looks before I hit "The Button!".

King Joe and freinds i meant enemies

[attachmentid=42887]

my new GD-57b mechagodzilla (the one on the far right)

[attachmentid=42888]

post-3216-1181452025_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1181452152_thumb.jpg

Anybody know where there are some more pictures of the Iron Gear SOC?

I am very very tempted to preorder one but I would like to see a bit more

on how it looks before I hit "The Button!".

Just hit the button, it is big, that is all we need to know. :D Actually, with Bandai SOC, I think you can always find better deals on Ebay or Yahoo JP after the release.

King Joe and freinds i meant enemies

[attachmentid=42887]

There is something about this King Joe that makes me think it is really well built. Macross73, does it have good diecast %? I reckon it might looks nicer if it in the grey silver tint rather than the green silver tint :unsure: .

And GX39 RAIDEEN's work in progress, yummmy retro super robot.... :rolleyes:

[attachmentid=42899][attachmentid=42898]

Source: nikodiablo from Robot-Japan

post-3608-1181483250_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1181483284_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

I hated, hated, hated the lame-o Popy Chogokin Reideen when I was a kid... with all the cool 'realistic' and high-tec designs of the 80s, Reideen's antiquated looks really grated on my sense of coolness. Didn't help that I never got to watch the show either... So my chogo reideen was used as a punching bag by all my other robot toys... The 'good guys' from Dougram, Sorvack, Macross and Orguss all had a good time ambushing and blasting Reideen to bits. His only pal was another hated design: the Clover DX Zambot(!) :p

A recent post on TBDX put things into a new perspective: If you squint your eyes, you might notice that Reideen is in fact the great grandfather of Z-Gundam! Hide-the-head, hide the arms, fall over and scoot the legs up. Yup...

It's still a fugly design!

with all the cool 'realistic' and high-tec designs of the 80s, Reideen's antiquated looks really grated on my sense of coolness. Didn't help that I never got to watch the show either... So my chogo reideen was used as a punching bag by all my other robot toys... The 'good guys' from Dougram, Sorvack, Macross and Orguss all had a good time ambushing and blasting Reideen to bits.

Thats about how I play with my toys now lol...

Yeah i have a problem trying to like those really old school weirdo Super Robots.

Probably anything uglier than Mazinger Z i'll leave well alone. : /

Atleast with Maz Z i got to see a bit of the anime as a kid, and the cool

sound effects helped liking the toys (i only have Maizinkaiser Revoltech

which is quite alot more kick ass than standard Mazinger Z).

I hated, hated, hated the lame-o Popy Chogokin Reideen when I was a kid... with all the cool 'realistic' and high-tec designs of the 80s, Reideen's antiquated looks really grated on my sense of coolness. Didn't help that I never got to watch the show either... So my chogo reideen was used as a punching bag by all my other robot toys... The 'good guys' from Dougram, Sorvack, Macross and Orguss all had a good time ambushing and blasting Reideen to bits. His only pal was another hated design: the Clover DX Zambot(!) :p

A recent post on TBDX put things into a new perspective: If you squint your eyes, you might notice that Reideen is in fact the great grandfather of Z-Gundam! Hide-the-head, hide the arms, fall over and scoot the legs up. Yup...

It's still a fugly design!

Well, the there was an SOC redesign of Reideen in about '96, GD-03 Reideen DX. It was a pretty cool figure, taller than most of the manziger SOCs and had good possibility. It transformed into a pretty huge god bird.

Well, the there was an SOC redesign of Reideen in about '96, GD-03 Reideen DX. It was a pretty cool figure, taller than most of the manziger SOCs and had good possibility. It transformed into a pretty huge god bird.

Some visual to back up Guvava's post. Vintage super robot can be very cool with a bit of modern interpretation and technological help :D You guys don't know what you are missing..heh...heh... :p

By the way, I read somewhere that the GD-03 Reideen is not a redesign of Reideen. The GD-03 Reideen is actually a different robot from a different series all together.

Black Version......Gold Version.........God Bird!!!!

[attachmentid=42915][attachmentid=42916][attachmentid=42917]

post-3608-1181558872_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1181558887_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1181558902_thumb.jpg

Anyone else having trouble finding the GX-34? Where does one go to find a Gunbuster for a decent price? Every site I go to either doesn't have it, or wants a mint for it. Having gone to some major cons and other stores, I can easily find the Ideon, but every dealer seems to have skipped the Gunbuster. ^_^''

you have to very patient. it took months to find one. got it off ebay for a decent price.

other than that i would nt go and pay a massive amount for one. with alittle luck it'll be

re-issued by Bandai

Anyone else having trouble finding the GX-34? Where does one go to find a Gunbuster for a decent price? Every site I go to either doesn't have it, or wants a mint for it. Having gone to some major cons and other stores, I can easily find the Ideon, but every dealer seems to have skipped the Gunbuster. ^_^''

I was lucky, I had a friend who visited Japan and found it pretty easily for a good price. You can also try Yahoo Japan and use a proxy bidder (which costs you a fee, but he will bid and mail it to you) - you can find more details here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=20563

just go the Dynamite Mazinger.It has a die cast body and soft plastic arms legs hand etc. Assembly is straight forward. Overall its really neat. its taller than the gx02 Great Mazinger. the packaging is nice. it offers both regular arms and rocket punch arms. Its a welcome addition to the collection.

[attachmentid=43038][attachmentid=43039]

post-3216-1182064593_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1182064600_thumb.jpg

I found some pretty sweet scans of the design art for the Iron Gear SOC.

Without further ado:

[attachmentid=43187][attachmentid=43188][attachmentid=43185][attachmentid=43186]

And for S&G a photoshopped image with color (Standard and in the Gunbuster colors):

[attachmentid=43189]

post-1571-1182509140_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1182509269_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1182509351_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1182509508_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1182509665_thumb.jpg

I am soul :o

How sweet would those 2 red devils go together (i mean Ideon and Iron Gear)

The only thing is, the ankle movement seems abit restricted.

I found some pretty sweet scans of the design art for the Iron Gear SOC.

Without further ado:

And for S&G a photoshopped image with color (Standard and in the Gunbuster colors):

Edited by Mowe

I am glad you like 'em Mowe. I think it will look damned fine next to my Gunbuster.

...The only thing is, the ankle movement seems abit restricted.

:lol:

The Iron Gear has no ankles whatsoever, it just uses it's big blocky feet

at whatever angle is needed. The edges of the "Feet" are chamferred

(rounded at an angle) so the can maintain stable contact while stepping.

Ha...ha...you are right, I better stop calling it the ankle before we have another 20 pages discussion of whether SDF-1 has knee or not... :D

I am glad you like 'em Mowe. I think it will look damned fine next to my Gunbuster.

:lol:

The Iron Gear has no ankles whatsoever, it just uses it's big blocky feet

at whatever angle is needed. The edges of the "Feet" are chamferred

(rounded at an angle) so the can maintain stable contact while stepping.

Get ready guys, here comes GX-40, Baikanfu!!!!! :o:o:o

Bandai, I love you, please do Gardian, soon :rolleyes::rolleyes:

[attachmentid=43196]

source: eclipsevv from Robot Japan

post-3608-1182569940_thumb.jpg

Thats just too cool. :)

if any body can help with this please pm me.

so I got started on collecting the Getters and Mazinkaizer by aoshima. I was wonder if the numbering convention was pretty much like the SOC. ie: gx-04 and gx04b to designate different paint schemes or are all aoshima just numbered Sg-13 Getter regardless of paint application. i tried looking it up on robot japan I got the different versions that are available but not if the numbering was different. I know I could ask over there but I like to asking over here.

Welcome to the bottomless pits :D

From what I understand, Aoshima is less consisitent with the way they number the variants of their toys. It is possible for the toys to have the same number but have different paint application. So don't use the number as guide. The only way to tell is by the additional sticker on the front of the box.

Go to Reply 141 of this thread, you'll see what i mean. Maybe you can PM Tsurugi from Robot Japan, he is the craziest Aoshima Getter & Mazinkaizer collectors i have ever come across, I think he has all variation, so he must know.

LINK

Thats just too cool. :)

if any body can help with this please pm me.

so I got started on collecting the Getters and Mazinkaizer by aoshima. I was wonder if the numbering convention was pretty much like the SOC. ie: gx-04 and gx04b to designate different paint schemes or are all aoshima just numbered Sg-13 Getter regardless of paint application. i tried looking it up on robot japan I got the different versions that are available but not if the numbering was different. I know I could ask over there but I like to asking over here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, check out the next SOC: Baikanfu!!!!! Just like Gardian, he transform like a Russian doll. Woo!!!! Whhoooo!!!!

post-3608-1183502453_thumb.jpgpost-3608-1183502498_thumb.jpg

Source: Japan Robot