The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

New SOC Spec listings at HLJ.

XS-03 Soul of Chogokin Spec Spec Eva-01 Movie Ver

XS-04 Soul of Chogokin Spec Spec Eva-00 Movie Ver

I guess I'll stick to the original SOC Evas for the original series and go with the SOC Spec for the new movie versions.

Perhaps this listing is for that Sachiel?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949512

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

New SOC Spec listings at HLJ.

XS-03 Soul of Chogokin Spec Spec Eva-01 Movie Ver

XS-04 Soul of Chogokin Spec Spec Eva-00 Movie Ver

I guess I'll stick to the original SOC Evas for the original series and go with the SOC Spec for the new movie versions.

Perhaps this listing is for that Sachiel?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949512

The fact that they'll release the EVA-00 might mean that Bandai will make the complete EVA line. :rolleyes:

IG looks amazing... but it doesn't look like it has knee joints, which would be a big disappointment for me.

What differences were there really between the TV series and movie Evas? I watched them right after another and didn't notice much of anything... nice to see some Angels tho... hopefully they are nicely articulated bc/ they will fit in with the SoC Evas fine as well... which is good seeing as the SPEC Eva is a crappy toy.

Wasn't Raideen one of the Shogun Warriors?

Does this mean they're releasing the "others" as well?

They've already produced many of the robots that Mattel imported as "Shogun Warriors"... Grendizer, Mazinger... some of which are out of production. Personally, I've been waiting for a decent SOC Raideen for some time. Definitely on my list!

wow! Fantastically crap that they haven't done Eva-02 as a SPEC yet though.

>_> Ho HUM!

Are we sure we won't get Eva-02? Whats this talk about only movie versions...

Death and Rebirth???? new movies coming? Don't CARE give ME ASUKA.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It's looking like Asuka won't be in the first of the new movies, all of the new merchandise shown has been of Unit's 01 & 00. The showdown with the enormo cannon & Rei using the shield is looking likely to be the first flicks finale piece.

good pics! But I just don't get King Joe, makes me think "Danger Will Robinson!" One for the true fans.

Mine came in today. I'll do a little review on it when I get back.

Ok. Opened it up real quick. fairly easy to put together. Nicely engineered and in-scale with the other ultra-man/ ultraseven chogokins. It comes with a cool display stand for the assembled and satellite modes. Has very LIMITED movement/articulation though.

Edited by holytoledo69

figured it wasn't very pose-able. doesn't look like it could kneel down or touch its toes.

still it looks neat.

I'm considering getting the Dynamite Mazinger but I dont konw if the inner body and

armor is done the same as the Eva spec series. it's supposed to be die-cast and PVC

I saw japanese review of it but other than the pics it wasnt a lot of help to me. Anybody

have any info about it

It looked way un-articulated from the pics...

Got my SPEC Eva replacement legs from HLJ today... nice of them to send it, so I'm happy... still I wish this figure wasn't such a piece of crap with such potential...

It looked way un-articulated from the pics...

Got my SPEC Eva replacement legs from HLJ today... nice of them to send it, so I'm happy... still I wish this figure wasn't such a piece of crap with such potential...

lol, that crap hey? You have expressed your distaste heaps of times now on the Spec so i really don't feel like i'm missing out. :p

Although if the Spec Eva-02 ever came out, i'd go and buy it without a second thought.

Whats your fav Eva- promethuem5?

Btw i just bought myself and built up the Eva-02 LM-HG pre-coloured model kit. IT ROCKS!

Cheap and very satisfying, The posability is fantastic really. I am thinking of getting Eva-01 Test frame...

Coz of the swords!!!! :lol: Ohh and seeing that i only got 1 Eva-05 Wing, and not the Weapon Eva-05 yet

(which comes with the Spear of Longlinessness lol) I used the LM HG Spear which is longer and displayed

Eva-05 Wing with the spear, severly badass!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I've always looked at those LM-HG kits and wondered how good they are... seem like they could be a good cheap thrill, but I've never really seen any good pics of one OOB and then built up...

My fav. Eva is pretty much tied between 00' and 02, and I really like 04 as well... 01 has always seemed kinda goofy to me, important as it was throughout the series, and 03 was neat, but didn't get alot of time to shine... but then again, neither did 03 (no time!) I've got a pair of Revoltech Evas which are all-right, but not great cuz of their size, but my favorite Eva toy is ahnds down my SoC 00'... it's got the Spear, which looks great, it looks awesome with both the pallet rifle and sniper rifle, and it is awesomely articulated and just looks awesome. I'd like to pick up an SoC Eva 02 if they ever re-issue it...

lol, that crap hey? You have expressed your distaste heaps of times now on the Spec so i really don't feel like i'm missing out. :p

Just for the record;

I think my SPEC Eva rocks! It's much more poseable than the SOC and the colorsand sculpt are more anime accurate.

I know about the breaking hips but that doesn't bother me much as I don't play with my toys.

Guppy,

Try this link.

It appears to be similar to the SOC Spec concept, except the diecast are inside th body. The sculpt is quite nice.

anyone know anything about the Dynamite Gokin Mazinger?

http://www.hlj.com/product/OHT00095

http://www.ohtsukakikaku.com/news_shousai.php?no=32

Dante, the thing is, I WANT to like my SPEC Eva so badly... it;s got amazing posability, and the removable armor gimmick works well and allows great articulation aside from the head... the thing is the inner frame is just made of such cheap feeling materials that the toy really lets me down... and I feel like the color purple is way too light...

Honestly. I'd LIKE to pose my SPEC Unit One from time to time. But it's the very same reason why that joint was stressed out in the first place. TOO MUCH POSING.

I've always looked at those LM-HG kits and wondered how good they are... seem like they could be a good cheap thrill, but I've never really seen any good pics of one OOB and then built up...

I reckon they are more than a cheap thrill, not only can you build them up from scratch (satisfaction)

, they are larger scale than SOC, and the pose factor is almost just as good! :D

And something i didn't realize until i gave in to curiosity is the arms CAN bend but at first

glance you would normally guess they wouldn't, see the arms are coated with a rubber

like feel skin, and there are actual joint locations to bend at the elbow, and even side to side.

Very clever idea! And that just scores 10/10 over the SOC, as it's more realistic. (more canon) :p

Ohh and the other cool ability for the Eva-02 kit is that she can go berserker, the lower jaw frame and brow moves.

Quad eyes!!!!! :D;)

The LM-HG kit (only have the eva-02) are maybe a couple or few cms higher.

I will post pics once i get my other 3 Revoltechs, early next week i hope.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie