MG Hands for Yamato Toys?

do not disturb

I don't mind if they leave the existing hands as is to please perfect transformation nazis and demonstrate that you can fit them inside the arm

thats funny!

now heres a serious question for the TF nazis, do any of you guys actually tuck the hands back in and pull them out after each transformation?

i don't about you folks but i just yank the hands off and slap them back on. tucking them in is easy but you need a toothpick to get them back out, so why even bother? half the time i don't even flip the peg hole so the thruster shows.

I fold them up and put em back in. I just don't spread the hands out in the retarded way that Yamato packs up their valks, I clench the palm into a fist as far as it will go and tuck it back into the forearm.

same here. If you do this, the hands flip out easily enough without the use of tools.

same here. If you do this, the hands flip out easily enough without the use of tools.

Also, I find it harder to flick them out the way Yamato tucks them in. Usually it's a batty, and I give up and take the whole thing out, wrist and all, reconfigure it then put it back in.

I just dont use the chicken hands at all for any of my 1/48's.

I flip the wrist vents for fighter and in battroid I put in fixed posed hands.

unfortunately, I CAN't do this with my beloved 1/60 vf-0S...

I swear I sigh and grimace each and every time I look at the bastard hands that try to hold on to the gunpod.

It's a total lack in quality compared to the rest of the valk IMO... If anything, in the least, fixed posed hands should be included with ALL new valks...

It's a total lack in quality compared to the rest of the valk IMO... If anything, in the least, fixed posed hands should be included with ALL new valks...

I second that. Come on Yamato, a pair of gummy hands can't be that expensive...

Following Kensei's idea, I've compared a MG hand from de 1/100 MKII Gundam V2.0 and it looks a whole lot better. Each finger can move individually and the hand can still fit inside the arm for a perfect transformation. Wish Yamato would finally upgrade their hands and do something similar to the Bandai ones.

post-2996-1159302361_thumb.jpg

(I didn't plug in the hand because it needed trimming to fit... and I still want that hand in my Gundam kit)

*edit spelling*

Edited by Twoducks

is there some way to purchase these hands seperately?

i don't particularly care for gundam toys but i wouldn't mind having those hands.

You can order Bandai kit parts from here http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/. I've bough a lot from this guys and they have great service... but it might be expensive (haven't read the details on how to order parts).

If you look for used Gundam kits in Ebay or in the For sale section, try to get MG released since the Gundam Version 2.0. Their hands come with two moving fingers and a block of three that you can be cut to let them move individually like I did; on older MG kits you can't do that.

thanks for the info but i'll be damned if i order from them. not because of the price or anything, i could care less about that but the english site is in engrish. they're asking for specific parts numbers and 10 digit product codes.....WTF? :blink: i don't know jack about gundams, how the hell would i know what part is which, from which model, and the coding system? i'm sure its clear in japanese but if they get it wrong because of a language barrier, i still have to pay for it. they're policy is fair, but i can't buy something when i can't understanding it.

www.dalong.net might help, they have tons of pics of a lot of Gundam kits and scans of the instruction manuals.

Here. You would need only the "K" sprue and two pieces of the "B" sprue of the 1/100 MG Gundam MKII ver.2.0; pieces 7, 9, 12, 14 and 16 from the "K" sprue and piece 11 from the "B" sprue to make the right hand. For the left hand 8,10,11,13 and 15 from "K" and B12.

The 1/100 MG Gundam Ver. O.Y.W 0079 (PS2 game color) is even better; you only need one sprue: "E". From E29 to E39.

See here and here.

www.dalong.net might help, they have tons of pics of a lot of Gundam kits and scans of the instruction manuals.

Here. You would need only the "K" sprue and two pieces of the "B" sprue of the 1/100 MG Gundam MKII ver.2.0; pieces 7, 9, 12, 14 and 16 from the "K" sprue and piece 11 from the "B" sprue to make the right hand. For the left hand 8,10,11,13 and 15 from "K" and B12.

The 1/100 MG Gundam Ver. O.Y.W 0079 (PS2 game color) is even better; you only need one sprue: "E". From E29 to E39.

See here and here.

wow dude, talk about going the extra mile, you totally rock. B))

now all i have to do is copy and paste this entire post when i place my order.

thanks a mil for real. :)

Group buy??? If anyone can do it I'm in!!!

Edit: Refering to gundam hands...

i shot off an email to them already. theres no prices listed on their site so i had to ask for a quote first. if its reasonable, i'll get as many as i can, for as many people as i can. hopefully i'll hear from them soon and get this going.

scream man,

sorry if it seems i'm being a wise ass but use your imagination, its just some hands dude. ;)

wow dude, talk about going the extra mile, you totally rock. B))

now all i have to do is copy and paste this entire post when i place my order.

thanks a mil for real. :)

:wub: hey, glad to be of help (and it's always nice to have an excuse to go and drool over dalong’s pics).

Hey twoducks, you're a legend. That's what I wanted, I only took the 1/100 scale hands off my only gundam kit to compare, but you have an acutal MG to use. The great thing is, that the modifications are subtractive, you have to shave off some of the ball joint to fit it in.

Also hands from VF to VF are mainly the same, it's just the back plate of each VF that is different. Look from VF-1 to VF-0 to YF-19. That's all you have to change. I wouldn't mind scratchbuilding something like that.

Thanks mate.

Graham, you should show this to Yamato. They will hang their heads in shame. You can look at it in two ways, Bandai beat them in something or the Gundam has finally outdone the Valkyrie. Finally Gundams came in useful for something. :p;):lol:

Edited by kensei

Any PG hands that'll fit? I was going to try putting my PG Wing Zero's hands on, but they are far too "integrated" with the wrist/forearm to be able to swap. Are all PG's like that, or do any have a "simple" connection to the wrist? Because PG hands are perfect. (I really hate "combined" fingers, they never work--not on a valk, not on a MG---having independent thumbs and a finger or two is completely counteracted by having 2 or 3 others linked together IMHO---fixed ones work better). Either have no articulation, or 100%---anything inbetween is an inferior compromise.

Now I have to go hunt down my MG Zeta and see how its hands work. I might have actually gotten rid of it...

haterist; the 0 and the 1 is a slightly different size, so i thought Id ask.

also can the hands stay attached during transform on the 0? because they are still visible in fighter, unlike the 1.

i don't own a 0S as of yet so i can't say for sure? i had no idea that the 0S hands didn't tuck into the forearms, thats totally wack. either way, i can't imagine twoducks would want to cut his MG hands just to take a pic, i think he likes his gundams. :)

i don't own a 0S as of yet so i can't say for sure? i had no idea that the 0S hands didn't tuck into the forearms, thats totally wack. either way, i can't imagine twoducks would want to cut his MG hands just to take a pic, i think he likes his gundams. :)

Well, unlike the 1/48, the hands of the Zero don't "flip" back into the forearm but recess slightly. The size of the fist is even moreso constrained by the size of the forearm, if you don't get it right, you can't transform it...cause the backpack won't be able to fold. With a 1/48, you can take advantage of the huge length space of the forearm to fit the hand in.

Haterist, I wouldn't be so quick to buy, the MG hands make a good base for a new hand design, but remember that there is no wrist articulation.

Edited by kensei

Haterist, I wouldn't be so quick to buy, the MG hands make a good base for a new hand design, but remember that there is no wrist articulation.

Well, it does have the same wrist articulation the chicken hands have.

m78_58.jpg

You would loose the ball joint articulation if you trim it down to plug into the valk arms, but nothing more (or you could put a polycap in there to make use of the ball end and thus have more movement... but that's more work).

And to Scream Man: don't have a VF-0, but I can tell you that a MG hand is about 0.5 inches wide when in close hand position. About 0.5 inches high not counting the peg that sticks out of it. Don’t know if that helps you in figuring out if it would screw the transformation process.

Yamato, upgrade hands NOW!

whoever split this off, many thanks! :)

yeah, i'm not worried about ball joints for the wrists. if i can somewhow work it into the peg hole thruster part(whatever its called), it would be awesome otherwise i can live without it if it means i get some cool poseable fingers in trade.

as far as the hand order,

i'm still waiting to hear back from them. the language barrier might be the issue but if they have a english translated site, there has to be someone there that can translate my email. hopefully i'll hear from them soon and get this going.

:wub: hey, glad to be of help (and it's always nice to have an excuse to go and drool over dalong’s pics).

you ain't lying. i've never really looked at any gundam toy before, of course i've seen them, but never took a real close look to see how cool they really are....like this one.

http://old.rfdh.com/dal69/mg/m35/m35_n20.jpg

i'm not sure exactly what its called, how old it is, how much it costs, but i think i have to buy it now, its calling my name.

This is actually a good idea. The MG hands I'd recommend for this would be from the OYW Gundam, either of the Gundam MK II 2.0s, the Nemo, the Zeta 2.0, or if you think those are too big, the Gundam F-91 just came out and has the same wrist articulation.

Wow, do you think those OYW Gundam one's will fit into the arm valkyrie slot for transformation?

I wonder, where are the NEOVA balljointed resin hands?????

you ain't lying. i've never really looked at any gundam toy before, of course i've seen them, but never took a real close look to see how cool they really are....like this one.

http://old.rfdh.com/dal69/mg/m35/m35_n20.jpg

i'm not sure exactly what its called, how old it is, how much it costs, but i think i have to buy it now, its calling my name.

That's the MG Kampfer, Amazon.com was selling those for $9.99 for Long time until it finally sold out, soldout.

i got the email, its going to be about $15 shipped(this includes EMS Shipping from HK to me, then shipping from me to you) and should cover all the fees(paypal, a 300 yen picking fee) and whatever else that may come up. it may be a little more, it may be a little less, but whatever my total bill comes out to be, i'll divide it evenly among everyone who orders, so no worries.

now heres the deal, i'm glad to front all the money to buy these hands but i expect the people who want these, to pay in a timely fashion. so if you're going to make excuses and drag your feet over a $15 purchase, please don't place an order with me. sorry if thats harsh but its $15 and i don't want to hear excuses from grown ass men. :p

please PM me if you're interested.

pleas note: i have no idea how many hands they can supply? i'll try to buy as many as i can but theres no guarantees.

you didn't need to post your reason, you didn't need to post at all if you had no interest....

aaaaaanyway....

the total for one set of hands from these guys with EMS shipping comes to over $20.

its a definitely a bit steep, twoducks mentioned the prices were very steep from these guys but considering a set of fixed recast DYRL and TV hands sell for $15, its not that bad.

i placed an order for 15 sets of hands already, my estimated total(not 100% sure if they'll add other fees yet) came to about $90+....give or take a few bucks.

if my total is correct and they don't add on any other fees, thats $6 for a pair of hands plus whatever the shipping is from me to you. priority....first class....i'll do my best to keep it as cheap as possible. either way, it should be less than $15 total but i always over estimate with this kind of stuff just to weed out the cheapskates. ;)

anyway, thats all i know so far, i'll keep everyone posted as i get more info.

i'll keep track of orders here for now....

haterist - 1 set...or whatever you guys don't buy.

roy's blues - 3 sets

twoducks - 1 set

Gatillero PR - 2 sets

Edited by haterist

just to add,

i don't need any kind of payment from anyone as of yet.

once i know the exact total, i have the goods in hand, and ready to ship, i'll contact you guys for payment. til then, feel free to spend all your hard earned money on more macross toys. :D