The PlayStation 3 Thread!

Apollo Leader

the PSP3 with Beta-Ray is going to be a "wait & see" kinda thing for me...

the same reason I didn't buy a PS2 is probably going to be the same reason I won't buy a PS3... same decade old controller. and no rumble is just the last nail in the coffin for me (right after the price, Blu-Ray, $70-100 games, probably unremarkable free online like the PS2's etc. etc.).

on the other hand the HD-DVD player thats coming out for the Xbox360 is something that couldn't come out sooner... I can't freakin wait.

Edited by Poonman

Most people have had 4:3 TV's all their life. 16:9 has only recently been gaining ground.

What I should've said was that I've been with 16:9 for so long, that I can't imagine how wierd it must be to look at things with a 4:3 screen again; at least, a giant screen that's at a 4:3 ratio. Think of it this way: it's like trying to explain to Gen Y'ers what cassette tapes and records are-most of them don't even believe that we had such things...

the same reason I didn't buy a PS2 is probably going to be the same reason I won't buy a PS3... same decade old controller. and no rumble is just the last nail in the coffin for me (right after the price, Blu-Ray, $70-100 games, probably unremarkable free online like the PS2's etc. etc.).

on the other hand the HD-DVD player thats coming out for the Xbox360 is something that couldn't come out sooner... I can't freakin wait.

What PS3 games are $70-100?

November 11, 2006:

Mah-Jong Fight Club (Konami, 5,229 yen / approx $44)

Sega Golfclub (Sega, 7140 yen / approx. $60)

Genji (Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, 5,980 yen / approx. $51)

Resistance: Fall of Man (Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, 5,980 yen / approx. $51)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (Namco Bandai Games, 7,329 yen / approx. $62)

Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai Games, 7,329 yen / approx. $62)

November 22, 2006:

Mah-Jong Taikai IV (Koei, 5,040 yen / approx. $43)

December 14, 2006:

Armored Core 4 (From Software, 8,190 yen / approx. $69)

December 21, 2006:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega, 7,140 yen / approx. $60)

So far the average seems to be between $40 and $70, but none of these are the big budget, graphics intensive titles, at least not like what MGS4 and FFXIII are promising. I imagine those will cost more simply due to developement costs.

So far the average seems to be between $40 and $70, but none of these are the big budget, graphics intensive titles, at least not like what MGS4 and FFXIII are promising. I imagine those will cost more simply due to developement costs.

Well, so far, the pre-order titles on Amazon state a $59.99 retail, with a $56.99 price from Amazon. About what we pay for 360 titles now. I don't think we'll see outlandish game prices as the rumors suggest.

Edited by Gaijin

PS3 games are supposed to be "region free". Though they may wind up with the same "region" coding as Blu-ray movies in which Japan and the US are in the same region this time around.

As for PS2 games...I highly doubt it will be region free. They never announced it would be, only PS3 games.

The gaming price of Ps3 games will be at the same standard pricing as xbox 360. So if your are ok with xbox 360 pricing then you should be ok with Ps3 pricing. Since they are printed in the new Blu-ray format, which you'll probably say that it will cost them alot more in production cost instead of a typical DVD ,you are kinda getting a deal here. And of course the so call "same decade old controllers" happens to have better technogly inside then even the most advanced xbox 360 controller and at better pricing too, bluetooth wireless, the 6 axis thingie, rechargeable battery pack, built in mini usb recharging port,etc.

And yes, the Ps3 Blu-ray is "wait and see" and the "HD-DVD is OMG must need it now?" ,, err , ok man,

IT seems you have no intrest in the PS3 what so ever, so why are you even posting here?

I'm happy that you are enjoying your $600 xbox 360 since you said you can't freakin wait for their HD-DVD addon with no HDMI and only for moives for $199 so assuming you are smart and gotten the $400 xbox 360, That'll be $600. I'm not rich like you so I'll just get the $500 Ps3 with HDMI, that just happens to have similar features as the $600 xbox 360 HD-dvd combo , and place my bet on Blu-ray and hope for the best. :o

Oh, I'll be buying the most expensive game ever too, Gran Turismo HD, which will cost over $800 if I feel like buying every thing that's for sale inside the game. Yeah,, only if I must buy every freaken things that's for sale ,even the ones that I don't want or will ever use. Hmm, that red Dodge neon sure looks nice, I would really love to take a spin in that car doing 65 MPH turns on a left turn only circular track. :lol: But hey, since no other system can provide me a game like Gran Turismo, then I guess I'll have to be a sucker and spend a huge ammout ($25) to get a couple of NEW cars and NEW tracks and play the hell out of it with other people online until GT5 comes out. Then I'll have to be a sucker again and buy the new Logitech GT steering wheel.

yeah, but pricing of games in USA is alittle different than pricing in Japan. Their pricing of FF and MGS games have always been higher there, but once it's released in the USA it has always sold at a reasonable standard USA pricing.

Sure their developement cost will be higher, but when it's time for their release, which is about a year away, their production cost will be much lower than the up coming launch PS3 titles that's comming out in about 2 month. Overall they will balance out either way.

PS3 games are supposed to be "region free". Though they may wind up with the same "region" coding as Blu-ray movies in which Japan and the US are in the same region this time around.

As for PS2 games...I highly doubt it will be region free. They never announced it would be, only PS3 games.

It wouldn't really make sense to have the PS3 games be region free, but to leave the coding in for PS1 & PS2 games. So hopefully it will truly be region free, as I would love to take my Gundam Vs Zeta online!

Movies must look wierd on a 4:3...

Well, with a 60 inch projection, the movies look just like on a 16:9. You have a large black area on top and bottom, but the part of the screen displaying the actual movie is so huge it makes no difference. And I don't have to worry about my TV sqashing television programs.

They don't look like they do on a 60" 16:9. :p Even the PS2 supported widescreen, so it's a good bet the PS3 is optimized for it, as is the 360.

What model is this 4:3 HDTV? I've never heard of such an odd duck... :ph34r:

Neither have I. It must be nice to have regular television programs not be affected by the ratio, though.

-We'd better take this up in the High-def thread or else...

yeah, but pricing of games in USA is alittle different than pricing in Japan. Their pricing of FF and MGS games have always been higher there, but once it's released in the USA it has always sold at a reasonable standard USA pricing.

Sure their developement cost will be higher, but when it's time for their release, which is about a year away, their production cost will be much lower than the up coming launch PS3 titles that's comming out in about 2 month. Overall they will balance out either way.

Er...no, developement costs will only continue to increase as graphics improve. Better hardware only makes better graphics possible, it does not neccessarily make it easier. Games with the level of detail promised by MGS4 and FFXIII will almost certainly cost more than your average game, simply due to production costs.

It's possible developers will try and take a hit on pricing to keep the costs to gamers down and meet the expected market prices, but that means they'll have to cut corners elsewhere eventually. It makes no sense for developers to produce higher quality graphics only to make less in profits.

You are quite right on how Japanese pricing differs from American pricing for games. On the other hand, most of these early titles look only marginally better than their 360 counterparts. It's to be expected they will have similar prices.

It wouldn't really make sense to have the PS3 games be region free, but to leave the coding in for PS1 & PS2 games. So hopefully it will truly be region free, as I would love to take my Gundam Vs Zeta online!

Did the US Gundam vs Zeta Gundam have online components accessable?

Even if Japanese PS1 and 2 games remain unplayable on a "regular" PS3, it good to see that it may be a lot easier to play import games on the PS3 then past or other current generation systems.

Edited by Apollo Leader

The gaming price of Ps3 games will be at the same standard pricing as xbox 360. So if your are ok with xbox 360 pricing then you should be ok with Ps3 pricing. Since they are printed in the new Blu-ray format, which you'll probably say that it will cost them alot more in production cost instead of a typical DVD ,you are kinda getting a deal here. And of course the so call "same decade old controllers" happens to have better technogly inside then even the most advanced xbox 360 controller and at better pricing too, bluetooth wireless, the 6 axis thingie, rechargeable battery pack, built in mini usb recharging port,etc.

And yes, the Ps3 Blu-ray is "wait and see" and the "HD-DVD is OMG must need it now?" ,, err , ok man,

IT seems you have no intrest in the PS3 what so ever, so why are you even posting here?

I'm happy that you are enjoying your $600 xbox 360 since you said you can't freakin wait for their HD-DVD addon with no HDMI and only for moives for $199 so assuming you are smart and gotten the $400 xbox 360, That'll be $600. I'm not rich like you so I'll just get the $500 Ps3 with HDMI, that just happens to have similar features as the $600 xbox 360 HD-dvd combo , and place my bet on Blu-ray and hope for the best. :o

Oh, I'll be buying the most expensive game ever too, Gran Turismo HD, which will cost over $800 if I feel like buying every thing that's for sale inside the game. Yeah,, only if I must buy every freaken things that's for sale ,even the ones that I don't want or will ever use. Hmm, that red Dodge neon sure looks nice, I would really love to take a spin in that car doing 65 MPH turns on a left turn only circular track. :lol: But hey, since no other system can provide me a game like Gran Turismo, then I guess I'll have to be a sucker and spend a huge ammout ($25) to get a couple of NEW cars and NEW tracks and play the hell out of it with other people online until GT5 comes out. Then I'll have to be a sucker again and buy the new Logitech GT steering wheel.

I've got a hell of a lot more confidence in HD-DVD than I do in Blu-Ray.. just look at how HD-DVD is already spanking BR in sales... when I think of BR all I can think of is Beta-Max, Mini-Disk, Memory Stick, UMD... you get the picture.

and I don't care what they put in the new Dull Shock.. gimmicky tilt feature or no the Xbox360 controller, in my opinion, is far superior. when I get a new console I want a new controller. its as simple as that. a pig with lipstick on or a tilt feature is still a pig. the only thing the new Dull Shock has on the 360's controller is the internal built in battery but who knows if its even replaceable when it dies on you eventually like all rechargeable batteries... and for $20 I get the same thing from Microsoft. big whoop

the great thing about the 360 is that you get CHOICES. don't own an HDTV yet and don't care about HD movies? don't worry about it, we're not gonna trojan horse you into paying extra for an HD movie player just to play games. play online a lot and need to use and ethernet cable? we're not gonna force you to pay for a built-in WiFi adapter. and the list goes on... all I know is come... when are the PS3's going to actually be available to the average person and not someone who wants to camp out in front of GameStop? maybe January 2007? anyways all I know is come next year when they actually start shipping some real numbers I won't be walking out of GameStop with a $900 receipt... $600 for the console, $50 for another controller, $40 for an HDMI cable, $120+ for two games, tax... you get the picture.

Even if Japanese PS1 and 2 games remain unplayable on a "regular" PS3, it good to see that it may be a lot easier to play import games on the PS3 then past or other current generation systems.

naw, it won't work like that. the Xbox360 is "region free" too but its the DEVELOPERS that region code the games in order to, you know, make money. it'll be the same case for the PS3.

Er...no, developement costs will only continue to increase as graphics improve. Better hardware only makes better graphics possible, it does not neccessarily make it easier. Games with the level of detail promised by MGS4 and FFXIII will almost certainly cost more than your average game, simply due to production costs.

It's possible developers will try and take a hit on pricing to keep the costs to gamers down and meet the expected market prices, but that means they'll have to cut corners elsewhere eventually. It makes no sense for developers to produce higher quality graphics only to make less in profits.

You are quite right on how Japanese pricing differs from American pricing for games. On the other hand, most of these early titles look only marginally better than their 360 counterparts. It's to be expected they will have similar prices.

errr,,I think you need to read again, no where did I say developement cost will go down. I was talking about PRODUCTION COST, you know stuff ,like producing many Blu-ray copies of their games. And for pricing and profit, since these MGS4 and FF games will most likey sell tons more than the current launch title, they will certainly make tons more then them.

I've got a hell of a lot more confidence in HD-DVD than I do in Blu-Ray.. just look at how HD-DVD is already spanking BR in sales... when I think of BR all I can think of is Beta-Max, Mini-Disk, Memory Stick, UMD... you get the picture.

and I don't care what they put in the new Dull Shock.. gimmicky tilt feature or no the Xbox360 controller, in my opinion, is far superior. when I get a new console I want a new controller. its as simple as that. a pig with lipstick on or a tilt feature is still a pig. the only thing the new Dull Shock has on the 360's controller is the internal built in battery but who knows if its even replaceable when it dies on you eventually like all rechargeable batteries... and for $20 I get the same thing from Microsoft. big whoop

the great thing about the 360 is that you get CHOICES. don't own an HDTV yet and don't care about HD movies? don't worry about it, we're not gonna trojan horse you into paying extra for an HD movie player just to play games. play online a lot and need to use and ethernet cable? we're not gonna force you to pay for a built-in WiFi adapter. and the list goes on... all I know is come... when are the PS3's going to actually be available to the average person and not someone who wants to camp out in front of GameStop? maybe January 2007? anyways all I know is come next year when they actually start shipping some real numbers I won't be walking out of GameStop with a $900 receipt... $600 for the console, $50 for another controller, $40 for an HDMI cable, $120+ for two games, tax... you get the picture.

Then why are you babbling in the PS3 thread...there's a 360 thread just for you. :p Your arguments against it are thin. HD-DVD sales are just slightly higher than BD discs and on average are more expensive than BD titles. 25,000 players shipped (not sold) is not impressive.

The 360 last year faced just as poor a lunch with shortages.

Who the hell pays $40 for an HDMI cable? They can be had for $5. Anyone who pays for MOnster or even a $30 Cable is nuts. And, you don't "need" and HDMI cable to use it...you can use component. They give you a wait for it...choice. MS gives you...none. No HDMI port on the add on or 360. And no, there cannot be an adapter, it goes against HDMI standards in which no proprietary connectors are allowed. Since teh current 360 has no HDMI chip, I don't se how they would add it.

Wi-Fi isn't on the $499 PS3...and it includes everything the premium 360 does plus a $99 BD player and tilt controls that are rechargable.

Where did you get the $50 controller price tag? NOthing was official yet, unless you count the japanese pricing in which it's $43 which last time I checked is $7 cheaper tahn the 360 controller plus features rechargables which MS charges you $20 for. CHoices yes. More expensive YES.

You don't want a PS3, well, no one is forcing you to buy one. You seem happy MS provides you with a more expensice solution in th elong run even though you needn't shell out for it all at once. Works for you fine, it isn't what everyone else wants.

naw, it won't work like that. the Xbox360 is "region free" too but its the DEVELOPERS that region code the games in order to, you know, make money. it'll be the same case for the PS3.

You are mistaken. Doesn't work like that. IF implemented, (and there are no current plans to do so), the BD-ROM's will follow the same BD/HD-DVD coding in which the US and all Asian countries except China. In other words, like the PSP, an import Japan PS3 title will play out of the box on your US PS3. There are 3 "regions" to BD:

A: US, South America, East Asia (exception of China)

B: Africa & Europe

C: Russia, China, and most other countries

The PS3 games, IF encoded with region will follow this code.

Bottom line is: You love your 360 and that's fine....you don't have to tell the world why we in the PS3 thread don't need one. Obviously, your views are shared by some, and not by others.

I don't think theres been a seperate controller in the history of gaming thats costed less than $50... and you're nuts to think it'll be less than that. knowing $ony if anything, it'll be more.

and you know they're going to release an HDMI Xbox360 right?

so anyways not to rain on your parade or anything the bottom line is Beta-Ray is looking pretty weak right now... I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

and for ME I've never been into Playstation games anyways... too many JRPGs with pre-pubescent, spikey haired, love sick characters and Metal Gear Solid movies with 10 minutes of gameplay so enjoy your PS3 I guess.. they aren't calling it the PSP3 for nothin' :D too expensive, shady proprietary format and typical Sony build quality.

and besides, I like to buy american. just like the japanese like to buy their own stuff I like to buy American (for the most part).

November 11, 2006:

Mah-Jong Fight Club (Konami, 5,229 yen / approx $44)

Sega Golfclub (Sega, 7140 yen / approx. $60)

Genji (Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, 5,980 yen / approx. $51)

Resistance: Fall of Man (Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, 5,980 yen / approx. $51)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (Namco Bandai Games, 7,329 yen / approx. $62)

Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai Games, 7,329 yen / approx. $62)

November 22, 2006:

Mah-Jong Taikai IV (Koei, 5,040 yen / approx. $43)

December 14, 2006:

Armored Core 4 (From Software, 8,190 yen / approx. $69)

December 21, 2006:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega, 7,140 yen / approx. $60)

Those are Japanese prices that you're quoting. Even after converting the yen to USD, Japanese games are still more expensive than their US counterparts. That said, all those prices appear pretty unremarkable with the exception of Armored Core 4.

Though I have no doubt that once the big budget titles that you mentioned (MGS4, FFXIII) are released, we'll start to see more expensive pricetags. I just hope that Konami and co. can throw in some free giveaways (cd soundtrack samplers, small artbooks, decals, etc) to mentally aleviate our perception of the pricehike :p

I don't think theres been a seperate controller in the history of gaming thats costed less than $50... and you're nuts to think it'll be less than that. knowing $ony if anything, it'll be more.

and you know they're going to release an HDMI Xbox360 right?

so anyways not to rain on your parade or anything the bottom line is Beta-Ray is looking pretty weak right now... I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

and for ME I've never been into Playstation games anyways... too many JRPGs with pre-pubescent, spikey haired, love sick characters and Metal Gear Solid movies with 10 minutes of gameplay so enjoy your PS3 I guess.. they aren't calling it the PSP3 for nothin' :D too expensive, shady proprietary format and typical Sony build quality.

and besides, I like to buy american. just like the japanese like to buy their own stuff I like to buy American (for the most part).

Umm...every controller before the 360 was well below $50.

So....you think 360 ver 2.0 is a better deal?

And like I said...you're happy with the 360...why are you in here stating why you don't like the PS3? No one's forcing you to give up your 360 kid. Buy all the American games and consoles you want. That's what it's there for. Please don't turn this into an American vs Japanese debate. :blink: That's just frakkin' retarded.

Edited by Gaijin

They don't look like they do on a 60" 16:9. :p Even the PS2 supported widescreen, so it's a good bet the PS3 is optimized for it, as is the 360.

What model is this 4:3 HDTV? I've never heard of such an odd duck... :ph34r:

(It's a Phillips!) (Rear Projection 60')

Anyway, I have an Xbox, and a Sony PS2. And I literally own two games for my xbox (one of which they made for PS2), and about 15 for my Ps2. Xbox never had any games that were exclusive and managed to catch my attention. I imagine this will be the same for the PS3. Xbox 360 has been out for what, a year almost now? I haven't seen one game that's caused me to wish I had the 360. But, games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, and FFxIII have got me drooling already. I used to think Xbox was superior to the ps2, and by hardware standards it probably is, but the games didn't impress. If history repeats itself, the playstation 3 library will have better games. I think the price sucks, but hey. If the PS3 keeps me busy for the next 6 years that's just fine. I just won't be able to buy anymore Yamato toys for a while. Tha's the only TRUE downside... <_<

Did the US Gundam vs Zeta Gundam have online components accessable?

No, they completely disabled the online features in the U.S. Gundam Vs games. Luckily they also gave them aweful dubs, which is why I imported Gundam Vs Zeta, AEUG Vs Titans, & Alliance Vs ZAFT. As will be the same for Alliance Vs ZAFT II Plus.

Three words: Gran Turismo Five

Because we've always wanted a racing game where the cars and tracks were sold seperately. <_<

Well, I've been listening to scuttlebutt on both sides for way too long to care anymore. On the one side, you have people talking about how it's the most powerful gaming console in existance or that ever will exists, how it's such a deal for a Blu-Ray player, how 1080p over HDMI is such an advantage over Xbox 360 (nevermind that an update and HDMI cable for the 360 are in the works), etc. On the other hand, I'm hearing predictions that it'll take two years for PS3 games to get up to Xbox 360 level, that the TGS units had overheating issues, etc, and so on and so forth. But I think it's been said, by a number of people on both sides, that it's really about the games.

And with that in mind, I have no intention of purchasing a PS3 in the next 12 months.

I'm not going to kid myself. Sooner or later, something exclusive like God of War 3, Ace Combat, or something will come along, and when the price is right, surely I'll pick one up. But HD-DVD and Blu-Ray (movies) can both go to hell for all I care- I'm not paying $600 for a game console. Especially when a lot (not all) of the launch titles look like they're coming to 360 anyway. As far as exclusives go, at this point, I still think 360 has a better list, with stuff like Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears of War, and the like to look forward to.

just like the japanese like to buy their own stuff

If my friend's brother in Kanagawa is any indication, the Japanese aren't real thrilled with the PS3 yet, either. He's thinking about getting an Xbox 360, although far and away, the DS rules there.

Edited by mikeszekely

Because we've always wanted a racing game where the cars and tracks were sold seperately. <_<

Well, I've been listening to scuttlebutt on both sides for way too long to care anymore. On the one side, you have people talking about how it's the most powerful gaming console in existance or that ever will exists, how it's such a deal for a Blu-Ray player, how 1080p over HDMI is such an advantage over Xbox 360 (nevermind that an update and HDMI cable for the 360 are in the works), etc. On the other hand, I'm hearing predictions that it'll take two years for PS3 games to get up to Xbox 360 level, that the TGS units had overheating issues, etc, and so on and so forth. But I think it's been said, by a number of people on both sides, that it's really about the games.

And with that in mind, I have no intention of purchasing a PS3 in the next 12 months.

I'm not going to kid myself. Sooner or later, something exclusive like God of War 3, Ace Combat, or something will come along, and when the price is right, surely I'll pick one up. But HD-DVD and Blu-Ray (movies) can both go to hell for all I care- I'm not paying $600 for a game console. Especially when a lot (not all) of the launch titles look like they're coming to 360 anyway. As far as exclusives go, at this point, I still think 360 has a better list, with stuff like Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears of War, and the like to look forward to.

No offense to the 360 as it is impressive hardware, but so far, launch titles seem to better looking than most 360 games. Sonic is a prime example with better lighting and shading than the 360 version(This was noted at CEATEC, and Sega was accused by one journalist of hooking up the 360 version via composite...after showing the media both versions connections to their monitors, it was plain to see both were hooked up with component to the same type display. This mean nothing much, but two years to get up to 360 level is an outright outlandish opinion and pretty much obvious lie to anyone with eyes. Most arguments arer that it looks not much better, not way behind.

Motorstorrm looks believe it or not, pretty damn close to the E3 05 video that they said was "Impossible" to do. Not bad for a rushed launch title. 8 games are up and running at true 1080p right now (not just upscaled), a number which MS predicted would be ZERO would never happen etc., as 1080p was too taxing for either PS3 or 360.

But whatever makes you feel good about your 360. You bought it, you enjoy it, why bother telling the world why you WON'T pick up a PS3. You've pretty much said that from the old threads.

That is certainly your choice. More power to your 360. Just one small correction...current 360's do not contain HDMI compatibility. I don't think they can compensate for a missing chip, and HDMI specs prohibit any other connectors other than the standard anyways. An HDMI equipped 360 would need a new motherboard with the chip, and the port as well....so an "update" would be pretty much, a new version of the 360. The only way around it would be that there lies in the 360, a hidden HDMI chip, and somehow they convince the HDMI lords to let them can make an adapter cable. Which I'm betting is a no.

Edited by Gaijin

That is certainly your choice. More power to your 360.

Why, thank you so much for allowing me to voice my thoughts on the PS3 in a thread dedicated to voicing our thoughts on the PS3.

Is there a Wii thread I missed somewhere? I want to talk about that, too.

*EDIT* Nevermind, found it.

Edited by mikeszekely

Why, thank you so much for allowing me to voice my thoughts on the PS3 in a thread dedicated to voicing our thoughts on the PS3.

By all means, go ahead,...it just really sounds like you always seem to grumble about it. Heck, when I see something I don't like, I don't normally waste so many words on it. Better spent talking up on things I do like.

But don't let me stop you kid. :D

And now back to the thread....

Edited by Gaijin

As the guy who started this thread, Mike is more then welcome to voice his opinion, pro or con. I enjoy hearing what Mike has to say about video games and the video game industry and hope he continues to post here. :) Notice that Mike says he will probably get the system once it has become more affordable, the system has been manufactured for a while (and thus more reliable), and the right combination of games comes out. I am sort of taking the same position, though in my case my 360 will probably remain my primary system since I really only have the time and money to support one console (hey, I'm 33) and the 360 has the games I am looking forward the most to these days.

I am hoping Sony the best and maybe someday I will get the PS3. But with Sony's past record with the PS1 and PS2 having problems, multiple delays, a high price tag (great deal for all the technology, but high for a game console), trying to force their own alternative DVD format on the public (the public isn't chomping on the bit to rebuy their movie collections in a marginally better technology format), lack of a rumble feature (they announce different stories on why the feature was taken out almost each week now), very bad PR, and so on, it is wise to keep a healthy skeptism especially when making a $600 home entertainment purchase.

Don't get me wrong, I value the opinions when they're rooted in reality.

I think I'm just starting to let the usual MW "it sucks!" "They are trying to screw me" , and the infamous "They ruined my childhood" attitude get to me.

:lol: