Aoshima To Rerelease Classic Mospeada Kits

Cool. Toynami should have just made thier alphas plastic, (no diecast) which you build yourself (no fancy box) and which is cheap enough so that when it eventually falls apart you have some spare parts to replace the broken alpha if you accidently snap something. (no shipping cost to people who need repair)

Forget calling the toys "masterpiece" already. Just make snap fit versions of model kits (ie like gundam)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Me too! But I want new stuff: Yamato you did the garland, now do Mospeada. Or is that now impossible because HG owns worldwide rights to Mospeada? (or was that only international except japan?)

Aaaah imagine a proper tread? That would really piss off the robotech-only purists :D (waiting for thier nontransforming beta whose diecast content would make the connected alpha split into a million pieces like a cat robot as they try to hold it)

It would be funny if there were like bootlegs made of the alpha which were much higher quality and much cheaper than MPC stuff.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Looks nice, specially the bikes.

Any more info on this IMAI kits? Are they decent quality?

EDIT

Just noticed that the Legioss is 1/48 scale... One could play Robotech with this thing and the Yamato :p

Edited by Twoducks

So how do the Legioss kits compare to the Toynami Alphas? I've always figured they [Toynami] were just copying that design anyway. I remember having a Go-Bots knock-off model way back when--I even painted it red in JB colors. But I was just a kid, and my model skills were nil. I was always disappointed in the wings with that model kit; thought they were too small.

So how do the Legioss kits compare to the Toynami Alphas?  I've always figured they [Toynami] were just copying that design anyway.  I remember having a Go-Bots knock-off model way back when--I even painted it red in JB colors.  But I was just a kid, and my model skills were nil.  I was always disappointed in the wings with that model kit; thought they were too small.

424764[/snapback]

Yeah Toynami used this as the basis for the 1/55 Legioss they made. Its not a bad kit but with alot of love it can be awesome. There was a Japanese modeler that took the Jupiter Base one and added alot of Wave ball joints and it was awesome. Cant find link right now.

I always thought the IMAI Legioss had a crappy fighter mode. The wings are just stubs and the whole thing is unattractive. Looks good in battroid mode (or armo-whatever-the-heck-mode-it-was).

The variable bikes look nicer, but I found they didn't stay together well in either mode. Transformation was a pain, too. I plan to get two of each bikes and build them permanently in each mode.

The notion of using some Wave option parts to spruce up the Legioss battroid has appeal too. Hmmm... how ambitious am I feeling...