What Issues Would You...

kensei

I'm a bit heart-broken. Only a MAYBE on Max & Miria reissues? And possibly without Super parts on top of that? I'm very very sad because I guess I'll never have a 1/48 Super Max unless I want to pay $400+ on eBay. Unless there's some kind soul here on MW that would let one of their extras go at a reasonable price *hint hint* ;)

I guess the Urban Camo GBP will be one of the last items released in the 1/48 VF-1 line. Sounds like the 1/48 VF-1 line is pretty much over :(

I am, at least, pleased to hear about the SV-51 and possible low vis YF-19. Those sound exciting.

^ No 1/48 2-seaters being considered!?!?

I was hoping on finishing collecting the 1/48 VF-1 toy line.

Edited by vf1_soulja

I wonder what special color scheme Kawamori will design for the 19. More repaints sounds good for it!

If smaller boxes drive down the price then I am all for it! Hell I'm content with shoving all the missles in a baggy if they can save money and space doing so.

THe transformable item....ORguss? Dangaioh? Heh I dunnno. Its probably something cool.

Graham, tell Yamato thanks for being so forthcoming with us. I really didn't expect this many straight answers :)

I'm gonna have to think about he SV-51. I love the fighter mode, but the battroid mode lacking. I guess it'll all boil down to the pricetage, which isn't looking to optimistic.

Good guess Shin, I think you're right about Orguss toys from Yamato. At least I hope so!

This post by Graham makes me think that whatever Yamato is working on, it isn't Orguss, since he didn't mention anything about Yamato. I'm sure Orguss toys would make some members happy here, but I bet Mospeada toys would make even more members happy :D I don't really know/care much about either really, but I might be tempted by a large scale highly detailed Cyclone figure.

^ No 1/48 2-seaters being considered!?!?

I was hoping on finishing collecting the 1/48 VF-1 toy line.

you know, since the 1/48 had a special guest designer, he might have worked into his contract that yamato couldn't make any major modifications to his design or some such.

This post by Graham makes me think that whatever Yamato is working on, it isn't Orguss, since he didn't mention anything about Yamato. I'm sure Orguss toys would make some members happy here, but I bet Mospeada toys would make even more members happy :D I don't really know/care much about either really, but I might be tempted by a large scale highly detailed Cyclone figure.

I though HG and toynami had the rights to produce mospeada toys here and in japan?

I though HG and toynami had the rights to produce mospeada toys here and in japan?

They did, but who knows if it expired or not? It has been a couple of years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nishikawa signed a work for hire contract, where Yamato owns whatever he designs for them and he just gets paid for his labor and such. I doubt he owns any rights to alterations on his design.

I dunno. They probably do. I was just saying, it would make a lot of people happy if they were to make Mospeada toys :D

if they DO.... then that would mean a warming over in the yamato/hg world... could that mean Hg allowing import of yamato macross stuff directly...

1/60 Scale SV-51

Although many Macrossworld members guessed or suspected it was coming, I can now announce that Yamato will be releasing a transforming 1/60 scale SV-51 toy around the middle of 2007. The CAD design is complete and work has already started on the tooling. The first version to be released will be Ivanov's black SV-51, with other color variants to follow. This will be the largest variable fighter toy made by Yamato so far. Although I don't have the measurements from Yamato, I estimate it should be nearly 38cm long in fighter mode. The retail price point is not set yet, but expect it to cost more than the 1/60 scale YF-19, due to it's large size and complex design with greater number of parts.

HOLY FOCKER! :wacko:

1/60 Scale SV-51

Although many Macrossworld members guessed or suspected it was coming, I can now announce that Yamato will be releasing a transforming 1/60 scale SV-51 toy around the middle of 2007. The CAD design is complete and work has already started on the tooling. The first version to be released will be Ivanov's black SV-51, with other color variants to follow. This will be the largest variable fighter toy made by Yamato so far. Although I don't have the measurements from Yamato, I estimate it should be nearly 38cm long in fighter mode. The retail price point is not set yet, but expect it to cost more than the 1/60 scale YF-19, due to it's large size and complex design with greater number of parts.

HOLY FOCKER! :wacko:

Yep, 38cm is BIG. Battroid mode better shrink a great deal or it won’t fit in a lot of display cases :lol:

Orange Nova scheme in the YF-19 me like.

Nishikawa, I was under the impression that he was not an in house designer with yamato.

I had no clue, I was just wondering. You're probably right.

It seems to me like Yamato is kind of abandoning the 1/48 scale. Now I don't know whether I should buy anymore 1/48 VF-1's or not.

I wonder if they'll make a revamped 1/60 VF-1, or if they just won't be the focus anymore. Sad.

Man, this thread is chaos I tell ya, chaos. Cats and dogs living together, chaos. So now some notes from all over.

1) HG is *NOT* the major force stopping Yamato from importing toys in the US. If memory serves, it was considered but BW said "Like hell you're going to deal with that company and keep the Macross license" and Bandai also raised a similar stink since if one BW license-holder was going to be able to deal with HG then ALL BW license-holders should be allowed to.

2) Toynami does *NOT* have an exclusive Mospeada license for toys. Much like the Macross license, it's entirely possible that more than one company could build products for that series.

EDIT - for the record, I highly doubt it's a Mospeada product.

Edited by jenius

Well if they won't consider 1/48 2-Seaters... then piss off then Yamato, revamp the 1/60 scale! Perfect transformation and design, even better than the 1/48's. It's a better solution for Yamato (regarding every other new 1/60 scale product). Even though we would have to wait years on years for them to get off the asses to get it on the go. :p

Hey Captain America! , hows about the VE and VT designs? :p

OR, like another member/s mentioned, how cool would it be to have SOC VF-1 lines... i mean, i got my Eva-02 SOC... it's just so perfect. T_T

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

An SV-51? YES!!! B))

A Low-vis YF-19? Pass me the koolaid! :lol:

Oh, my wallet...my poor, poor wallet... :(

I think they should redesign the 1/60 VF-1's to give them perfect transformation and detail gimmics of the 1/48's and 1/60 VF-0's.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I'd be livid if yamato went back and re-did the 1/60 VF-1's. I can spend my money on this hobby only so long before it just gets to the point I'm pissing it away.

And getting all the 1/60's, only to find they aren't making anymore and going to the 1/48's...getting all of those then to find out they are going back to the 1/60's...

...well that would be the last straw. (other choice words would describe my feelings on this, but I can't put them here <_< )

Yeah, I can see where it would piss a lot of people off, but if they are going to be making nothing but 1/60's from here on out, it wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what they ended up doing...

I want some VF-1's...but I don't want them in 1/48 when I have started with the 1/60 VF-0S. :(

And I don't want the current VF-1 1/60's because they don't have as good detail and would probably look like crap next to my VF-0S and future 0A's... :-\

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Well as much as I want Perfect Transformation in the 1/60 series

VF1 I dont want them to stop making the 1/48 series of VF-1.

We all know which ones we want to see made.

There aren't to many official schemes that I want and then only so many custom schemes.

There are so many possible 1/48 schemes that haven't been done, that should be.

Having to re-purchase the vf-1s' again, means having to deal with lack of storage space.

that and the expense.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I don't want to buy another 1/48 now because I'm afraid that the scale will be abandoned and/or made obsolete by an improved 1/60 VF-1 line. I was *this* close to buying the Stealth. I was going to place the order this week. Now... well now probably not. If I wasn't in college I'd probably buy one, but when you're on a tight budget like this you have to choose wisely.

Also, I've never seen any other incarnation of Macross aside from the original nor do I have any desire to do so. All of these new VF's that are coming out mean diddly squat to me.

Edited by meh_cd

I seriously am shocked that Yamato has no intent to put out the 2 seaters. An SV-51 but no 2 seater 1/48s? Where's the logic?? Still, I'm far more interested about the news of a new series of toys. I'm still not into Votoms, and it seems like there are tons of Votoms toys out there competing (and it sounds like many people prefer the smaller Votoms toys to Yamato's efforts) so it'll be neat to see what's next. It's also a bummer to hear we're getting a 1/48 GBPIII but no new valk to go with it (not even a reissue). Sounds like Yamato wants the supply to dry up for a while longer.

Man, this thread is chaos I tell ya, chaos. Cats and dogs living together, chaos. So now some notes from all over.

1) HG is *NOT* the major force stopping Yamato from importing toys in the US. If memory serves, it was considered but BW said "Like hell you're going to deal with that company and keep the Macross license" and Bandai also raised a similar stink since if one BW license-holder was going to be able to deal with HG then ALL BW license-holders should be allowed to.

2) Toynami does *NOT* have an exclusive Mospeada license for toys. Much like the Macross license, it's entirely possible that more than one company could build products for that series.

EDIT - for the record, I highly doubt it's a Mospeada product.

ah, well that clears up a lot. good to know, thanks for the clarification. ^_^

but, wouldn't it be unlikely for a company to license their product to two seperate companies that will compete directly against each other?

not that I'm saying it's mospedea, I'm just wondering is all.

Edited by eugimon

I seriously am shocked that Yamato has no intent to put out the 2 seaters. An SV-51 but no 2 seater 1/48s? Where's the logic?? Still, I'm far more interested about the news of a new series of toys. I'm still not into Votoms, and it seems like there are tons of Votoms toys out there competing (and it sounds like many people prefer the smaller Votoms toys to Yamato's efforts) so it'll be neat to see what's next. It's also a bummer to hear we're getting a 1/48 GBPIII but no new valk to go with it (not even a reissue). Sounds like Yamato wants the supply to dry up for a while longer.

The only way they could redeem themselves in my eyes now is to say that they are making new 1/60 VF-1's for sure (mostly so that I don't waste anymore money on the 1/48) OR if they are making a 1/60 scale Alpha + Beta. I'd probably fall over and die if that happened.

OR if they are making a 1/60 scale Alpha + Beta. I'd probably fall over and die if that happened.

No way, Alpha needs to be 1/35 to be done right. A 1/60 Alpha? That'd be smaller than the MPC and look how well that turned out. A 1/35 Alpha would also stand about as tall as a 1/48 VF-1 so that'd be cool (I'm just going off memory on that, I think they're pretty similar in size). Since it'd be a Mospeada toy I don't think Yamato would feel pressured into adhering to their Macross line of toys (you know they could care less about Robotech). Still, I think it's more likely two beautiful Norwegian girls are going to walk through my office doors to pleasure me at any moment...

Edited by jenius

I only said 1/60 because that is what Yamato seems to be obsessed with at this point in time.

Then again, the Garland was 1/15. I could live with a 1/35 scale Alpha + Beta combo as long as it didn't look odd compared to the 1/48. But that begs the question - if Yamato is abandoning the 1/48 scale, why make *new* toys that are made to be the same size as a scale that you have left behind?

I'm just pissed about the Max/Milia reissue and the VF-1D. Ugh.

Edited by meh_cd

I seriously am shocked that Yamato has no intent to put out the 2 seaters.

Ok I've been out of the loop since right after the 1/48 Max-Milia VF-1j supers came out.But I remeber Yamato saying they had no plans for 1/48 2 seaters even then. Something about the nose going to be to long or some such.

Then again, the Garland was 1/15. I could live with a 1/35 scale Alpha + Beta combo as long as it didn't look odd compared to the 1/48. But that begs the question - if Yamato is abandoning the 1/48 scale, why make *new* toys that are made to be the same size as a scale that you have left behind?

Ah but let's not confuse size and scale here. A 1/35 Legioss would be the same SIZE as a 1/60 VF-0 (again, if memory serves correctly, I'm at the office so much these days I'm forgetting what my toys even look like). Also, it seems Yamato is happy to make large toys and the 1/60 scale works for Macross for everything except the VF-1 so the 1/48 scale was always a bit of an aberration just to give the VF-1 the love it deserves and can't get in a smaller scale.

Ok I've been out of the loop since right after the 1/48 Max-Milia VF-1j supers came out.But I remeber Yamato saying they had no plans for 1/48 2 seaters even then. Something about the nose going to be to long or some such.

Our members here have proven it's possible, complete with an internal heatshield, so there's no good physical reason they're not doing it. They're not making them for a business reason... and that makes me sad.

Eugimon, I love the new avatar.

Edited by jenius

When I said "as long as it doesn't look odd" I meant in terms of the size of the pilot/cockpit. I don't want to have a 1/60 with a tiny little guy and then a 1/35 Alpha/Legioss with a huge pilot and cockpit.

Nice point about Yamato wanting to keep the mecha the same size. That's good and all, but I think it would be just as cool to have the VF's be proportional to one another as they are in the show.

Edited by meh_cd

Well, Im superexcited about the Macross news, but the best thing I saw in that interview is that Yamato is finally going to do the full weapons kit for the 1/12 Scopedog. Graham, do you know if the weapons set wil be released seperate from the Red Shoulder Scopey?

I'm pretty terrified about the size and price of the 51 tho... that could get rediculous.

Meh CD

"Nice point about Yamato wanting to keep the mecha the same size. That's good and all, but I think it would be just as cool to have the VF's be proportional to one another as they are in the show."

Keeping the scale the same would have / is good. but having been spoiled by

the size of the 1/48, makes its hard to go back to the smaller 1/60 VF.

I know price / size make it difficult to have all valks in the 1/48 scale but

how cool would it have been to have 1/48 YF-19. Imagine a SV-51 or YF-21

in that scale or any other mecha for that matter. Once Yamato dropped the

1/60 and moved to the 1/48 I had hoped that they would stay in that scale.

Certainly there would have been complaints about the cost and such but now

we're flipping back and forth between scales. Having an unfinished line of 1/48

is sad to me. I'm still gonna get the SV-51 but as I 've written before I really want

the VT1 and VE1 in 1/48. I want a complete line of valks in that scale.

Yamato could re-do just the core group with perfect transformation?

No point in having both the old 1/60 and new PT 1/60s valks... or is there?

I'm done whining. Now to sit back and watch what happens.

Edited by Macross73

Dang! no news about the YF-21. Oh well, at least now that the SV-51 is official there is no doubt in my mind a YF-21 is in our future. As for the SV-51... Personally it's not may favorite, but it's good news Yamato is willing to tackle something as complex as this. Makes me think there is nothing they won't try as long as they think it will sell.

I'm happy to hear Yamato is considering a low vis YF-19 paint scheme and a new scheme designed by Kawamori is an interesting prospect.

I really really hope Yamato elects to re-release Max and Millia VF-1J supers. I'm not liking the idea of non-super versions, but I suppose it would be better than nothing. If anything I'd like to see Yamato release the Max and Millia and the fastpacks separate, so people can choose if they want fastpack like they did with the stealth. Or perhaps as two box sets, one for the valks and one for the fastpacks.

To be honest I'm not sure what to make of Yamato's response to two seater VF-1's, but I do know I don't like it. "Not in 1/48 scale." Why the heck not? If they can make a SV-51, surely they can figure out 1/48 two seaters.

The news of transformable toys from a mystery 80's anime is interesting. Like many I hope it's Mospedia, but I doubt we're that lucky.

All in all great report, I especially glad to hear Yamato is committed to Macross and that there's still much more to come.