Behold UNICRON!

Limbo

Yeah... It is a little cartoony, but I don't think it compromises the toy after all...

I was thinking in painting it using the movie colors, but I think it would lose a lot of the texture details of the transparent plastic parts... Does anyone tryed to repaint a Unicron yet?

Agreed. The planet mode reminds me of Big Boo (the ghost from the Super Mario Brothers series).....and that isn't supposed to be scary. The robot mode looks great though, aside from some drab colors it look's damned good. B)

I could also do WITHOUT the Michael Jackson hand. :lol:

Yes, he is preschool looking, but its what we got. We begged for steak and got a hamburge, but it still tastes good.

Unicron was the one guy we thought we'd never, ever see get made, so this is probably the only version of him we are getting. Its a solid bot though even if its cheesey looking.

Does anyone remember those things from the mid-90s that were little planets that opened up and had little soldiers and mechs that you could set up in battles inside them? I think they were called War Planets? This thing bears an uncanny resemblance to those.

I remember that show. Written and produced by Mainframe (infamous for Beast Wars, Beast Machines and Reboot until they went low-profile), it's basically about planets of specific elemental lifeforms (Rock, Ice, Fire, etc.) united against the Beast Planet, which is out to devour and conquer planets in its path.

Despite it was given a conclusion, the Beast Planet begins anew devouring in the finale despite being beaten in the final battle.

The show was also given a second title "Shadow Raiders" due to Canadian cable station YTV, who doesn't want pro-violence titles in their programming. Some of the toy packaging says "Shadow Raiders -- the War Planets".

Toys are basically 3"-5" action figures and micro-playsets made by Trendmasters before it went belly up.

Despite the power of the Beast Planet, it and the Beast Race won't stand a chance against the Chaos-Bringer!!! :lol:

Looks great in robot mode, hope I can find it somewhere soon.

The problem right now is the distribution. The quantity of the Unicron case is two due to its size, with an uncertain number of cases. Hopefully, Unicron would show up on the Armada show to spike up the sales and piqued interest to keep up the demand.

Wish that Canadian stores up here pick up the slack, since the Armada TV show debuted late into the airwaves. <_<

Saw this sucker at Frank & Son last weekend. It was going for $70, one guy wanted $90! :blink: I think I'll get it until I see it at (insert discount chain here). I would've preferred a movie accurate version, but if this is all we're getting, oh well.

I picked up a Unicron earlier in the week and really like it (short of the above stated "fisher-price chomper" and clear plastic parts). I am not much of a TF fan, I just pick up an occasional release if I find it cool, but this was a must have for me...I have wanted a Unicron toy since I was little and worshipped the TF movie and now I have one (even if it is a little goofy)...no complaints here...

Man, I'm probably going to be the last one to get one of these!! I still can't find one!!!! :D:p:) I guess it would help if I went out and try really hard to look for one instead of just going in and out of target without even looking carefully. :D:p:)

Man, I'm probably going to be the last one to get one of these!! I still can't find one!!!! :D:p:) I guess it would help if I went out and try really hard to look for one instead of just going in and out of target without even looking carefully. :D:p:)

Man, most of the Wal-Marts and Targets in my area have them readily available...If ya want me to pick one up and ship it to ya just let me know...

Hey Limbo. What do you think about the Unicron stand that you picked up? If I pick up a Unicron then I'd definitely need a stand to put on my shelf. Are there any problems with the one in the pictures? Feedback? THX! ;)

For 50 bucks its a great deal, its not often you get a huge figure with features for such a decent price.

I've seen them at Wal-mart and today at TRU, Target here is always sold out of them.

Don't feed the scalpers!

Oh if your desperate you can order online, thats how I got mine, saved a lot of looking around for it, but shipping was a pain.

For 50 bucks its a great deal, its not often you get a huge figure with features for such a decent price.

I've seen them at Wal-mart and today at TRU, Target here is always sold out of them.

Don't feed the scalpers!

Oh if your desperate you can order online, thats how I got mine, saved a lot of looking around for it, but shipping was a pain.

who has this for 50 bucks online ?

I like ur avatar... nightcreeper from Cobra? I think i have that figure.. cool ninjaesque with wicked swords.. hehe

For those who are desperate, the sales guy at the TRU i bought my Unicron from said that there has been a huge order for Unicron and it will come into the warehouse next week and should hit the stores early the following week. I say stay off from buying it online. From what i hear TRU is going to get a glut of them. By the way the TRU i got it from is in MA. Can't really say for the rest of the country.

Unicron is out! and it is awesome! Poseablitity is great, and those promotional pictures showing him on planet mode don't make justice to what the toy really is. I seriously recommend getting one of the customized stands at www.unicron.com. Here some pictures of my new planet eater!

i had a wierd trasnformers dream last night. they all came tovisit our world. and unicron got pissed about hsi toy beign so fugly he threw a tantrum along with the other armada toy lines. a huge war eraupted and so many peopel died. stoop the evil. don't buy that toy!!!

Hey Limbo. What do you think about the Unicron stand that you picked up? If I pick up a Unicron then I'd definitely need a stand to put on my shelf. Are there any problems with the one in the pictures? Feedback? THX!  ;)

You definitely need a stand if you want it on planet mode.

The unicron.com stand is not bad, but requires assembling. It cames with a short and a long clear poles, and a black polycarbonate one, but to use with unicron you can ONLY use the black one (The others are made of some kind of flexible plastic and can't handle the weight) You need to use some crazyglue to fix the black pole on both stand parts, and make sure you let it dry before use. Be careful with the crazyglue. It lets a white messy UNREMOVABLE layer when it dries, so you don't want to use too much of it and risk spilling or leaking. (check my stand pics to see what I'm taking about... I had to find on the hard way...) Besides that, the stand is great... You may get a little freaked on the beggining when you see the stand tilting a little bit, but once you find a good stable position, you'll love it! Make some earthquate test on the table, to check if it's stable enough. :)

I never asked this, but does unicron come with a sticker sheet? I've noticed that some of the transformer toys these days don't come with sticker sheets. Does anyone know? :huh:

I never asked this, but does unicron come with a sticker sheet? I've noticed that some of the transformer toys these days don't come with sticker sheets. Does anyone know? :huh:

Sadly, like today's Transformers, Unicron does not have a sticker sheet even though I don't have one here (I'm in Canada) and all the online reviews point to that. If there were, we would have heard it on the Web by now. :(

The main reason Takara/Hasbro abandoned the use of sticker sheets and factory-applied stickers on current Transformers because it was a hassle for the factory workers to apply them. Also, some stickers get worn out or color fade as well. So, they switched to painted details instead and it's easier to do.

IIRC, Blastchare (Beast Machines), Dolrailer/Mega-Octane (Car Robots only) and Brave/Fortress Maximus (Car Robots only) are the last recent Transformers toys with factory-applied stickers. Ravage (Japanese Beast Wars only) was the last toy to get a sticker sheet.

Stickers have gone to the same way as diecast metal, real alt-modes and tech specs: it's a lost art. :(

The good part is that re-issues retain what was great about Transformers toys. ;)

I almost forgot. I discover a release date of Unicron in Canada as early as September 15, 2003, in which I found it in a Sears Canada catalog.

Since Unicron is aimed for a general release, Canadians would be getting him on the shelves around September or October. ;)

For those that already have their Unicron. How long did it take you to find yours? I just checked my local Target (Union City) and they were out of stock (price tag of $49.99). By the way.....does anyone have the Armada Prime? It looked kinda interesting....albeit kinda blocky (sorta like a Chunky Monkey). ;)

For those that already have their Unicron. How long did it take you to find yours? I just checked my local Target (Union City) and they were out of stock (price tag of $49.99). By the way.....does anyone have the Armada Prime? It looked kinda interesting....albeit kinda blocky (sorta like a Chunky Monkey). ;)

I found mine right away (literally the first store I went lloking for him at) at my local Target back last month. Since then I have seen several more at Targets around me and at a Walmart.

I found mine right away. The cool part is I wasn't looking for it. Needed to get some tooth paste, hit the toy Isle and Target and there that Mofo was. I have been back a few times and now is just a empty spot on the shelf with a Unicron tag were it's supposed to be.