Custom 1/55 Dyrl Vf-1a (sort Of) Max Valkyrie

zanderwitaz

This is my first custom valk. Hope you all like it! It took me about 3 days to completel. It started as an extremely yellow jetfire. I took the whole think apart, sanded every piece, and then sprayed it with testors flat white (excellent paint). all the details and markings are hand painted. had to paint the windsheild details too. oh and the numbers on the wing are hand painted.

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

Edited by zanderwitaz

What you have there is a custom DYRL Max VF-1S with the wrong number :p

For a hand-paint, that's awsome. Most of the guys on this board are airbrushers, but I'm in the hand-paint/rattle can crowd. Great job and good choice on your first custom, and keep 'em coming!

Oh lookey - correct chest stripes B))

Edited by ghostryder

I don't even know HOW to use an airbrush.

LOL

:)

Hooray more Chunky Monkey customs!!!!!!!

Sand that nose down to a taper. It's very easy and it looks like the Valks in my gallery.

Nice job. Very clean paintjob. I like it.

:)

Edited by Skull-1

wow, that's one white valk! Yeah, the font of the number is wrong too. Sorry dood, us macross fans are pretty critical about little stuff like that. I see you still have the jetfire sticker on the feet. And the round nosecone makes this max look fat. But overall it's a damn good custom. ;):D:p:lol:

Yup thats one of mine in the pipeline jobs. My bro wants it to go with his normal jetfire.

Done the armor so far next the body work I Think. Interspaced by a bit more work on my superposable 1/55.

Very cool... but what's with those red stripes on the feet?

416475[/snapback]

They are the stickers that you get for the Transformer Jetfire. In case you dont know Jetfire is a Fast Pack VF1-S with a blunted nose, it has many of the same stickers the Macross ones have with a few extra Transformers ones.

What you have there is a custom DYRL Max VF-1S with the wrong number  :p

For a hand-paint, that's awsome. Most of the guys on this board are airbrushers, but I'm in the hand-paint/rattle can crowd. Great job and good choice on your first custom, and keep 'em coming!

Oh lookey - correct chest stripes  B))

416232[/snapback]

So . . . what is the corect number for a DYRL Max 1S?

416727[/snapback]

All three of the Skull Squadron VF-1S valks shown in DYRL are #001. Obviously, Roy was squad leader until Max took over when Roy, Hikaru, Misa, Minmay, and Kaifun were captured by the Zentraedi. Then Hikaru got to be Skull 001 after Max disappeared during his dual with Millia.

416727[/snapback]

All three of the Skull Squadron VF-1S valks shown in DYRL are #001. Obviously, Roy was squad leader until Max took over when Roy, Hikaru, Misa, Minmay, and Kaifun were captured by the Zentraedi. Then Hikaru got to be Skull 001 after Max disappeared during his dual with Millia.

416746[/snapback]

the number i got is from the yamato version. I havent actually seen the original show, I simply love the valkyries. so blame yamato!

the number i got is from the yamato version. I havent actually seen the original show, I simply love the valkyries. so blame yamato!

416812[/snapback]

013 is the number for Max's VF-1A. His promotion to Skull Leader put him into the VF-1S, designated 001. The same thing happened to Hikaru. His 1A is 011, but his 1S is also 001.