Old School Valks Oxidation

Agent-GHQ

This may be a silly question but how can you go about getting your old school valks to become discolored, oxidated, or yellowed. I kind of want one to have the natural destroyed look.

415710[/snapback]

just buy one off ebay or a member from here. Why mess up a good valk when there is plenty of mucked up valks you can buy cheap.

This may be a silly question but how can you go about getting your old school valks to become discolored, oxidated, or yellowed. I kind of want one to have the natural destroyed look.

415710[/snapback]

just buy one off ebay or a member from here. Why mess up a good valk when there is plenty of mucked up valks you can buy cheap.

415716[/snapback]

Well, I have a bunch of Bandai reissues 1/55 that I had a project for. Thanks for the tip.

I'm not sure what it is your asking. Do you want the plastic to yellow and wear so that the valk looks like an old plastic toy, or do you want it to look like an old rusted oxidized aircraft?

If you want the Yellowed look then this is only achived by years of sunlight and U.V exposure. Its to do with the oils on the plastic and will only apear after time sat on a shelf in the sunlight, a south facing kids bedroom is usually best.

Edited by big F

If you want the Yellowed look  then this is only achived by years of sunlight and U.V exposure. Its to do with the oils on the plastic and will only apear after time sat on a shelf in the sunlight, a south facing kids bedroom is usually best.

415855[/snapback]

Kool, thanks for the tip.

QUOTE(Chas @ Jul 13 2006, 08:47 AM)

I'm not sure what it is your asking. Do you want the plastic to yellow and wear so that the valk looks like an old plastic toy, or do you want it to look like an old rusted oxidized aircraft?

Your last part.

If by "Your last part" you mean the section I've highlighted, the an old yellowed Valk. is not what you are looking for. I would suggest checking out the A.R.C. for some tips on weathering techniques. Also you might want to do a search for Rust-All, a product used by Model RR builders to create believable looking extreme rust.

Good Luck.

QUOTE(Chas @ Jul 13 2006, 08:47 AM)

Your last part.

If by "Your last part" you mean the section I've highlighted, the an old yellowed Valk. is not what you are looking for. I would suggest checking out the A.R.C. for some tips on weathering techniques. Also you might want to do a search for Rust-All, a product used by Model RR builders to create believable looking extreme rust.

Good Luck.

416052[/snapback]

Thats a big thanks!

If you want the Yellowed look  then this is only achived by years of sunlight and U.V exposure. Its to do with the oils on the plastic and will only apear after time sat on a shelf in the sunlight, a south facing kids bedroom is usually best.

415855[/snapback]

lol!!!!