Megazone 23

Have you not seen Megazone 23?.

Megazone is a great OVA series consisting of three movies.

Part 1 - Sucked.

Part 2 - Best ever.

Part 3 - Haven't seen.

Overall, the story is very good, and it is one of the overall greats for us "old school" anime freaks. However, you would probably not get noticed too much as Megazone is really a cult classic.

EVE on the other hand is a pretty cool character, but she is really not a character at all. EVE is/was kind of the first virturoid idol, think of her as kind of an early Sharon Apple. EVE is the computer system that controls the Megazone 23, which is a gigantic starship containing the survivors of Earth. The starship is/was sent on a long journey around space to eventually arrive back at Earth after it had time to regrow itself. The neat thing is that the computer system keeps all the populace living in the same era as when Earth was destroyed. I believe the liner notes somewhere say "the idyllic 1980's". So get ready for some big hair, and parachute pants.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Here's how I'd rate the three parts:

1. Very good

2. Amazingly good

3. Don't waste your time

There really isn't much to Eve. As stated above, she's a computer program and doesn't have a whole lot of personality. For cosplay purposes, you can use any of the three parts as her character design is pretty much the same in all three (the only one, in fact).

Part One = Very good

Part Two = Amazingly good

?? Part Three?? There's no part III that I know of, and don't even try to get me to believe in your shared group delusions. :p

As for Eve, part two is the best showcase for any type of personality, but as stated before, she's just a computer program. Yes, just a computer program no matter what the unwashed hordes who claim there is a part III say.

Eve is actually in part three and becomes the 7G operator at the end. Best to look to this movie if you want to find out more about her, which isn't much. The 3rd movie wasn't that bad anyway.

Edited by kensei

Actually my purpose for asking was to kind of get an idea of how people would react. I wouldn't like to unsuspectedly get mauled by fanboys.

Mauled? That all depends on which incarnation of Eve you decide to take :)

Actually my purpose for asking was to kind of get an idea of how people would react. I wouldn't like to unsuspectedly get mauled by fanboys.

I doubt all four Megazone 23 fanboys would maul you. ;)

Seriously, it isn't that popular of a series or even that well known in fact. So you'd probably either get "Huh? Who's that supposed to be?" or "Nice job."

I liked both parts of Part III the best from the OVA. Part I was pretty good, but I didn't like Part II very much. I think the change in the art style contributed to that. Though B.D. was the coolest guy in the whole show :)

I don't think anyone will really recognize Eve. You'll probably to most just appear to be a generic green/silver/ whatever haired girl, depending on which version of her you choose to do. And she was naked for alot of the series, also. There aren't many websites out there with pictures to reference from out ther either. But it's your choice to dres upa s who you like ^_^

I love part-1 because of the characters illustration by Mikimoto (Macross) and main characters seiyuu :) and everything else in it, so if you wanna cosplay Eve then let it be Eve from part-1.

This anime really SHOULD BE remade. I really want to know why did they change the character design in part-2, I really liked the story.

Yeah, the character designs through me for a loop in Part 2 also. I didn't recognize Sho (Shoyo? Shogo? I see so many translations of his name...) until someone mentioned it. And at first, I thought he lost the big eye look because he grew up, and then when it said it only been six months... 0_o

And wasn't this show held in high regards because it was one of, if not the, first OVAs ever made?

I've never seen part 3, only snippets of part 1, but part 2 by itself is a great movie. There's some great 80's retro thrash music and awesome mech designs in there (I still want a model of B.D.'s mech). Incidentally, the character designs were done by Y. Umetsu, who also worked on the Gatchaman remake and KITE. It seems only EVE kept her original Mikimoto design.

I don't think you have to worry about being flooded by fanboys, MilliaJenius03. The young'uns out there will just think you're another green-haired anime chica. :p

Yeah, the character designs through me for a loop in Part 2 also. I didn't recognize Sho (Shoyo? Shogo? I see so many translations of his name...) until someone mentioned it. And at first, I thought he lost the big eye look because he grew up, and then when it said it only been six months... 0_o

And wasn't this show held in high regards because it was one of, if not the, first OVAs ever made?

Shogo. Yahagi Shogo is his full name.

It was an early OVA, but not the first.

Part 1 is more centered on romance and character development. Its frikkin amazing.

Part 2 is more centered on action. Its just as good.

Part 3... Doesnt exist. Anyone who says they like it are lying, they secretly hate it, its just taken over their minds and forced them to obey it!! Its that bad!

I want to see an Eve cosplayer. She'd have to be wearing her "Senakagoshi ni Sentimental" outfit though. ^_^

Woo!

-BEN-MAN-

Part 1 is more centered on romance and character development. Its frikkin amazing.

Part 2 is more centered on action. Its just as good.

Part 3... Doesnt exist. Anyone who says they like it are lying, they secretly hate it, its just taken over their minds and forced them to obey it!! Its that bad!

I want to see an Eve cosplayer. She'd have to be wearing her "Senakagoshi ni Sentimental" outfit though. ^_^

Woo!

-BEN-MAN-

Feel sorry for me!! I haven't seen the first two, only the third. :(

I don't see how you could possably like the designs & part III over part II. Mind you part II's designs were "different," part III's designs were just plain crap, in a sad attempt to low budgetly mesh the first two design styles together.

For the record my views:

-Part I Great

-Part II: Excellent

-Part III: Macross II

For the record my views:

-Part I Great

-Part II: Excellent

-Part III: Macross II

Kinda agree. Part I is great, Part II is excellent (f*cking incredibly excellent piece of greatness) and Part III is like Macross II. For me it means it's a decent, watchable anime by itself. But it's crappy and shallow when comparated to its predecessor(s).